Fallout 4 pre-load!

iasianxmofoii

Well good news to all my fallout 4 fans who pre-ordered their copy of the copy of the game via digital download for consoles or on steam. You can pre-download the game before it's release date so that way when it releases at a certain time you don't have to wait for the game to install. That is great news for all of us PC fans who don't have the fastest internet but don't want to wait for the disc. 

Source:

Https://twitter.com/bethesda/status/658705616177860609

the disk still requires downloads from steam lol 

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

Not for me, I am not pre-ordering it, I will just buy it on release and download it normally

the disk still requires downloads from steam lol 

Yep that's why pre-loading is good, since you can start the download before it launches

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

i preordered but only because i wanted the pip boy edition.... so no preloading for me ill have to wait for amazon to deliver it

CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.6 ghz  Motherboard: Asus z170-a  Cooling: Corsair h80i GT GPU: EVGA GTX 970  Ram: G.Skill 2x8 gb ddr4 2400  PSU: EVGA G2 Supernova 550w  Case: Corsair 200r Storage: 250GB 850 EVO + 2x wd 1 tb drives

Since then is preloading new?

It's new on consoles which is one of the big deal of this for me personally I buy all my games digital it's annoying that half my games on my ps4 pre-load and the others don't I'm still not sure if need for speed will do it

It's a good thing I got that shit preordered, cuz it'll take me a week to finish downloading it lol.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

I have to wait till Amazon delivers my Pipboy edition. It's gonna have to fight with my Apple watch for my arm space. 

Preloading is great though. I got to play NBA 2k16 right away. No waiting. 

I'm an enormous Fallout fan (guess the avatar gives that away), but I'm giving it a month so hopefully lots of the inevitable launch crashes get ironed out by the time I start playing it.

Even though i have not pre-orederd Fallout 4 i would rather not pre load because when i pre-loaded gta 5 it took ages to decrypt and transfer so a download on release would be quicker

Not for me, I am not pre-ordering it, I will just buy it on release and download it normally

If you're buying it on release, why not pre-order it so you can pre-load it?
12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

Need for speed has pre-load on ps4 I should probably pre order fallout before it forget

It aids in the perpetuation of the pre-order bonuses and bad business practices.

I bet you Bethesda has already made their money back from development of this game three times over already - probably more.

Yep that's why pre-loading is good, since you can start the download before it launches

Except you don't get the disc until launch day, or if you're lucky, a day or two before. Which you need to get the activation key. So preloading is useless for people buying physical copies :P

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

A) Never pre-order

B ) My internet is fast enough to not bother

C) Can still find out if its horrible broken on release before my purchase (port reports/early reviews)

If there are issues I will just delay my purchase, why should I give them money BEFORE the game comes out, like Arkham Knight, I had the money there ready to buy it day one, found out there were issues, held off my purchase

Except you don't get the disc until launch day, or if you're lucky, a day or two before. Which you need to get the activation key. So preloading is useless for people buying physical copies  :P

true, though sometimes you do get physical copies a day or two early, and you just have to wait for them to unlock

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

So the game is ready to actually be played....and even with it downloaded you can't play it until launch day....

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

as a rule i dont pr order but i am so tempted just to pre load

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017