My pc makes a vibration noise when standing?

Vastraguero

I built my pc and when I have it standing, it sounds like a jet engine and has a vibration.

Specs:

Processor AMD FX-8320

Motherboard MSi 970a or something like that

Case: Corsair Spec 02

Psu: evga 500b

gfcard xfx r9 280x

however when i lay it on its side, it barely makes any noise maybe a little more during gaming but thats about it. any tips? :S

I built my pc and when I have it standing, it sounds like a jet engine and has a vibration.

Specs:

Processor AMD FX-8320

Motherboard MSi 970a or something like that

Case: Corsair Spec 02

Psu: evga 500b

gfcard xfx r9 280x

however when i lay it on its side, it barely makes any noise maybe a little more during gaming but thats about it. any tips? :S

Are you using the stock cooler?

Echelon Mk 2.11 

Spoiler
  • Processor: Intel Core i5-6500
  • Cooler: Cryorig H7 (With a 120 mm Thermaltake Riing RGB)
  • Motherboard: MSI B150M Bazooka Plus
  • Memory: 16 (2x8) GB DDR4 Kingston HyperX Fury (Black)
  • Video Card: Sapphire NITRO R9 390 (Stock)
  • Storage:  1 TB Western Digital Blue
  • Power Supply: 520 W Seasonic M12II Evo (with custom extensions and cable combs)
  • Casing: NZXT S340 Elite (Matte Black)
  • Fans: 2x 120 mm & 3x 140 mm Thermaltake Riing RGB
  • Display: 22 " LG Flatron L227WTG-PF LCD (OCed to 76 Hz)
  • Keyboard: Logitech K120
  • Mouse: Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury
  • Mousepad: SteelSeries QcK
  • Operating System: Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)

First off its most like the fan with a wire in it so open it up and make sure this isn't the issue, if its not, read below!

You're going to have to do a little pinpointing and find out the general area the sound is coming from. We know that it has to be a component with moving parts that is causing this so the culprit has to be either a fan or your HDD. Now if you're using an SSD you can factor out the HDD as the SSD has no moving parts and would not be making this noise, in that case it must be one of your fans that is either faulty, or loose. If you do have an HDD, it may also be faulty and when the disk is being read / written to it might make this noise... the bottom line is you need to pinpoint the problem. Turn of your computer and unplug one fan at a time and then power on to factor out all of the fans (Don't stay powered on for more than 30 seconds to prevent overheating), hope this helps!

It's probably a fan that's unbalanced or not firmly attached. Check your CPU cooler. Mine used to wobble a little but it fixed itself somehow.

Had the same problem when the fan on my GPU started to fail. Just check your cables and fans

CPU - i5-8400 , Motherboard - ASROCK Z370 Killer SLI, RAM - 2x8 GB DDR4 2400mhz , GPU - EVGA GTX 950 SC, Case - SilentiumPC PAX M70 Pure Black V2 Storage - 240GB SanDisk SSD, 1TB WD Blue, PSU - bequite! 600w Pure Power 10, Display - Dell P2417H, Cooling - bequiet! Pure Rock, Keyboard - Viper V730, Mouse - natec Genesis G55, Sound - Philips MCD712, OS - Windows 10 Professional 64-bit

It seems to be coming from cpu, yeah its a stock cooler ill chek wen i get home

"My computer gets angry when I stand up" lol

Jokes aside, you may have a loose screw or two. if tightening up screws doesn't work then grab some rubber washers and use them where applicable. 

And then, assuming if all else fails grab some carpet and cut it into small pieces big enough to attatch to the feet of your case.

My procrastination is the bane of my existence.

I make games and stuff in my spare time.

Be carful

<THE SILENT ASSASSIN>CPU(Intel i5-4690K)||COOLER(corsair H100i)||MOB(asus Maximus VII Hero ATX)||RAM(16gb of corsair vengeance)||STORAGE(Intel 530 128gb)(Samsung 850 Pro 500gb)(WD 2tb Black)||GRAPHICS(2 x Asus strix 970)||CASE(Nzxt H440)||PSU(Corsair RM750W)>http://pcpartpicker.com/b/Bbpbt6

It seems to be coming from cpu, yeah its a stock cooler ill chek wen i get home

That might be the problem.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

Use plastic washers between screws.

If a fan is vibrating while touching the case then it will cause the case to also vibrate.

Putting the case on its side will mean the vibration is going into the ground rather than rattling around the case.

It's not a race to the bottom.

i looked inside and no wires covering any fans, and checked all the screws. They were tight, so Im guessing its the stock cpu cooler thats holding me back