NVIDIA Gameworks?

Made In Canada

DSR is a big one for me as well as Hairworks and HBAQ+.  But there is others such as PhysX and SLI and there are plenty more.  Now i know AMD has their own versions of these like crossfire is the sli for AMD, however, its more about that these features are in some games i plan to play.

just a heads up if you use hairworks you take a decent perf hit especially if there are a lot of hairy people/ animals around  

Penguins or something random

Spoiler

(Main) Liquid Shadow V3 CPU: 5960x@ 4.7, Mobo: EVGA X99 Classified,RAM:G.Skill 16Gb 2666 ,GPU: 2 GTX 980Ti ClassifiedsPSUEvga Supernova 1000G1,Storage: Sandisk Ultra 2 480gb, WD Blue 1tb x3Case: Cooler Master Cosmos 2 25th Anniversary Edition 

Liquid Shadow V1 CPU4790k@ 4.7, Mobo: MSI Z87X-Power,RAM:G.Skill Sniper 16Gb OC@1866 ,GPU:  2 Sapphire 290x's watercooled, PSUEvga Supernova 1000G1,Storage: Sandisk Ultra 2 480gb, WD Blue 1tbCase: Cooler Master HAF X

Extra Rig: Cpu: 4790k@4.7, Mobo: MSI Z87X-Power, Ram: 32Gb Corsair Vengeance/G.Skill Sniper,  GPU: 3 GTX Titans, Psu: Evga Supernova 1300G2, Storage: Case: Cooler Master HAF X

(First Rig)The Enforcer: CPU: FX 8350@ 4.6,Mobo: Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3,RAM: HyperX 8gb @2133,GPU: Diamond Multi Media r9 290,PSU: XFX XTR 750, Storage: Adata Premier SP550 480gb, Case: HAF 912

Peripherals Razer Naga Epic Original, Razer Deathadder,Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum, Logitech G13, HyperX Cloud  

CK Engine?

And i do plan to game on 1080p so i would have extra Vram to spare. (ive heard the resolution is a Vram thing i believe, but correct me if im wrong).

The engine used in skyrim. Judging by the gpu you're gonna buy. You're probably looking to mod the game. Modding skyrim ate up all 3gb of my vram even at 1080p. I doubt it's gonna be any different in fo4.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

just a heads up if you use hairworks you take a decent perf hit especially if there are a lot of hairy people/ animals around  

Well that was a bit more than expected... (about 20fps).

Well Thank You for that info.

Edited by Made In Canada

The Canadian Version Of Everything

-Made In Canada

The engine used in skyrim. Judging by the gpu you're gonna buy. You're probably looking to mod the game. Modding skyrim ate up all 3gb of my vram even at 1080p. I doubt it's gonna be any different in fo4.

Oh okay, im going to guess that was with some of those higher to intense mods.  Personally, i would like to mod it possibly, considering on how the game is, but if i do, i dont think it will be the "insane" ones.

Thank You for the info.

-Made In Canada

Well that was a bit more than expected... (about 20fps).

Well Thank You for that info.

whats the rest of your rig going to look like 

Spoiler

(Main) Liquid Shadow V3 CPU: 5960x@ 4.7, Mobo: EVGA X99 Classified,RAM:G.Skill 16Gb 2666 ,GPU: 2 GTX 980Ti ClassifiedsPSUEvga Supernova 1000G1,Storage: Sandisk Ultra 2 480gb, WD Blue 1tb x3Case: Cooler Master Cosmos 2 25th Anniversary Edition 

Liquid Shadow V1 CPU4790k@ 4.7, Mobo: MSI Z87X-Power,RAM:G.Skill Sniper 16Gb OC@1866 ,GPU:  2 Sapphire 290x's watercooled, PSUEvga Supernova 1000G1,Storage: Sandisk Ultra 2 480gb, WD Blue 1tbCase: Cooler Master HAF X

Extra Rig: Cpu: 4790k@4.7, Mobo: MSI Z87X-Power, Ram: 32Gb Corsair Vengeance/G.Skill Sniper,  GPU: 3 GTX Titans, Psu: Evga Supernova 1300G2, Storage: Case: Cooler Master HAF X

(First Rig)The Enforcer: CPU: FX 8350@ 4.6,Mobo: Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3,RAM: HyperX 8gb @2133,GPU: Diamond Multi Media r9 290,PSU: XFX XTR 750, Storage: Adata Premier SP550 480gb, Case: HAF 912

Peripherals Razer Naga Epic Original, Razer Deathadder,Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum, Logitech G13, HyperX Cloud  

Oh okay, im going to guess that was with some of those higher to intense mods. Personally, i would like to mod it possibly, considering on how the game is, but if i do, i dont think it will be the "insane" ones.

Thank You for the info.

Modding is life. You start with texture packs and end with the insane

If anyone asks you never saw me.

Oh okay, im going to guess that was with some of those higher to intense mods. Personally, i would like to mod it possibly, considering on how the game is, but if i do, i dont think it will be the "insane" ones.

Thank You for the info.

Even the official high res texture pack makes vram usage go up by alot. 3gb of vram is really limiting.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

whats the rest of your rig going to look like 

I5 4460, asus z97 e (just a bit more money but its worth it in my opinion), 16gb ram, possibly a samsung ssd but this is unknow right now, 780ti.

Keep in mind, if the hopefully upcoming sales are good enough, this list may change.

Edited by Made In Canada

-Made In Canada

Modding is life. You start with texture packs and end with the insane

Sounds fun, hopefully the modding is easy and worth it.

-Made In Canada

Sounds fun, hopefully the modding is easy and worth it.

Get the Nexus Mod Manager, watch your compatibility. So easy I can do it LOL. Probably won't see anything for FO4 until after the holidays.

Even the official high res texture pack makes vram usage go up by alot. 3gb of vram is really limiting.

I really dont think im going to use that much or be "limited" considering i dont plan to have tons of mods, but this is just now and who knows.

Really Thank You for the consideration of me getting the best possible gaming enjoyment and i might consider the 970 over the 780ti, but i dont know for right now.

-Made In Canada

I5 4460, asus z97 e (just a bit more money but its worth it in my opinion), 16gb ram, possibly a samsung ssd but this is unknow right now, 780ti.

Keep in mind, if the hopefully upcoming sales are good enough, this list may change.

look around on blackfriday / cyber Monday and see if you can snag a 980 for cheap 

Spoiler

Get the Nexus Mod Manager, watch your compatibility. So easy I can do it LOL. Probably won't see anything for FO4 until after the holidays.

Well i guess thats good to hear, Thank You for the motivation.

As for how long until they come out, i think i should be okay to wait.  In fact, i actually have a mod idea in mind for Fallout 4 but i dont know if i should attemp it (it would be a big one i think).

Edited by Made In Canada

-Made In Canada

look around on blackfriday / cyber Monday and see if you can snag a 980 for cheap 

Or maybe just a 970 for cheap enough i skip the 780ti, but i would not have to high of hopes on that considering the 780ti should go on sale too.

-Made In Canada

Or maybe just a 970 for cheap enough i skip the 780ti, but i would not have to high of hopes on that considering the 780ti should go on sale too.

how much is a used 780ti in Canada and a new 970 

Spoiler

I looked for a 780ti here in the states, hens teeth. Too bad because it's a great card.

I looked for a 780ti here in the states, hens teeth. Too bad because it's a great card.

when was the last time you looked there a dime a dozen one ebay 

Spoiler

when was the last time you looked there a dime a dozen one ebay

New, logically I know there's nothing wrong with a used GPU, but I still have a hard time buying one.

how much is a used 780ti in Canada and a new 970 

I dont know about a used 780ti (maybe $200 but im just guessing), and a new 970 is around $400 if you are getting a cheaper version (just looked on newegg) but if i had to get one, maybe one in the $400-$430 area.  However, a asus 970 would also be good due to the white colored theme.  As for a new 780ti, just under $500 but with free ground shipping.

Edited by Made In Canada

-Made In Canada

What?  Does that mean sold out or something?

Edited by Made In Canada

-Made In Canada

New, logically I know there's nothing wrong with a used GPU, but I still have a hard time buying one.

oh 

Spoiler

I dont know about a used 780ti (maybe $200 but im just guessing), and a new 970 is around $400 if you are getting a cheaper version (just looked on newegg) but if i had to get one, maybe one in the $430-$450 area.  However, a asus 970 would also be good due to the white colored theme.  As for a new 780ti, just under $500 but with free ground shipping.

i didnt realize that there was that big of a difference in price a new 970 in U.S. is 330 on average 

Spoiler

Same here.

-Made In Canada

HBAO+ looks incredible ingame, it makes a big difference in visual quality in Witcher 3, for example. I usually would rather have the extra couple of fps, especially when Witcher 3 struggles to stay above 60 fps on my 970, but the lighting is so far superior with HBAO+ that enabling it is a must with an Nvidia GPU. The rest of the GameWorks stuff I usually turn off, though sometimes the soft shadows are worth it too I guess when you're not cpu bound.

If you can, you should get the 970 over the 780 Ti. Check how much better Witcher 3 performs on a 970:

http--www.gamegpu.ru-images-stories-Test

i didnt realize that there was that big of a difference in price a new 970 in U.S. is 330 on average 

I think at this moment its around $1.30 for every $1 if Canadians bought from the USA.

-Made In Canada