Help with 4k PC build

iceberg

I think you should save up more money either way.Maybe $1000 ish? You'd probably benefit more form just a 1080p with a faster more responsive system that can multi-task more effeciently, then turn into a 4k machine later. Or just wait for Pascal, it's going to affect the rest of the market one way or another, same with the new CPUs and so forth. I I don't know what the impact would be, but I would guess prices are going to come down all around for the performance of today.

Thanks for the response, I will take this into consideration. I might wait to get a graphics card until Pascal, but I need a computer update sooner than that for general computing uses.

I wonder how many people realize intergrated graphics runs 4k 60hz.......
ie buying a gpu now is a waste of money
could use that extra money on a nicer case/an i7 (very very few games would make better us of an i7)

I wonder how many people realize intergrated graphics runs 4k 60hz.......

ie buying a gpu now is a waste of money

could use that extra money on a nicer case/an i7 (very very few games would make better us of an i7)

I had wondered that for Intel integrated graphics based on their webpage. (See the graphics specifications)

http://ark.intel.com/products/80817/Intel-Core-i5-4460-Processor-6M-Cache-up-to-3_40-GHz

I will definitely keeps this in mind! 

Thanks!

I had wondered that for Intel integrated graphics based on their webpage. (See the graphics specifications)

http://ark.intel.com/products/80817/Intel-Core-i5-4460-Processor-6M-Cache-up-to-3_40-GHz

I will definitely keeps this in mind! 

Thanks!

you should also check out some skylake i5, since the iris pro graphics are even better

The site has changed....

you should also check out some skylake i5, since the iris pro graphics are even better

Will do! Thank you!

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($215.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Motherboard: ASRock H170M-ITX/DL Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($92.98 @ Newegg) 

Memory: Corsair 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($47.99 @ Newegg) 

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($84.89 @ OutletPC) 

Case: SilverStone ML07B ($70.00 @ Amazon)

Total: $1268.83

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-10-25 22:39 EDT-0400

I went $10 over but I don't think that is a big deal. Anyways this was my thought process. I highly doubt you'll over clock in such a small case so I just gave you a non-k cpu, and the integrated graphics should last you long enough until you can buy your real gpu. I want you to keep in mind that you can only do 4k 30hz right now with hdmi on the motherboard but due to the fact you aren't play games (yet) and that you're going to get a dedicated gpu in about a month and a half I thought you could live. The psu and case sort of go hand and hand which gives you a very small "console-killer" like case which looks sleek (imo) and is very functional. Gives perfect room to the gpu and cpu separately so they don't dump heat on each other. Storage is a no-brainer, 250gb ssd. I threw in that 980ti for future recrence because I could.