Don't talk about the cores and threads first, which CPU's gaming performance is better and worth it??

There are $100 difference between their price....

Thanks ! ! !

Ya. My English isn't very good. I'm not really good in talking English but I'm learning...You making fun with my English, so WHAT??? You get what?? You can just correct the people and this is better than laugh at the people...

If you're only gaming then get the i5.  The hyperthreading in the 4790k isn't worth it unless you're rendering or video editing.

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

the i7 is a bit better depending on the game but definitely not worth the $100 more if youre only gaming

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

4690k for gaming, 4790k for video editing, rendering etc.

In some game benchmarks, the 4690k without hyperthreading actually gets a couple more FPS for some reason...

Main PC: i5 4590 @ 3.5 GHz ♦ RX 480 Armor OC ♦ 16 GB DDR3 ♦ GA-Z97-HD3 ♦ 120 GB 840 EVO ♦ 120 GB Intel 520 ♦ W10 Home

Scrapyard PC: Xeon X5460 @ 3.8 GHz ♦ HD 7870 ♦ 8 GB DDR2 ♦ GA-P35-DS3L ♦ 80 GB Intel 320 ♦ 160 GB WD Caviar SE ♦ W10 Home

Don't talk about the cores and threads first, which CPU's gaming performance is better and worth it??

There are $100 difference between their price....

Thanks ! ! !

Heres the thing, if you got the extra cash (this means after getting most of the things you actually want for the pc) then get the i7.  Its a great cpu and for $100 more, (this is only from what i heard and maybe the odd chart or two) you should see a noticable difference.

Take the "this means after getting most of the things you actually want for the pc" not too literal.

The Canadian Version Of Everything

-Made In Canada

4690k for gaming, 4790k for video editing, rendering etc.

In some game benchmarks, the 4690k without hyperthreading actually gets a couple more FPS for some reason...

Not saying you are a lier, just if you could, where are these benchmarks?

Not trying to start an argument, just asking.

-Made In Canada

I don't remember exactly, I remember being surprised after seeing them in one of Luke's benchmarks (possibly the GTA V one?). I'll see if I can find it.

Main PC: i5 4590 @ 3.5 GHz ♦ RX 480 Armor OC ♦ 16 GB DDR3 ♦ GA-Z97-HD3 ♦ 120 GB 840 EVO ♦ 120 GB Intel 520 ♦ W10 Home

Scrapyard PC: Xeon X5460 @ 3.8 GHz ♦ HD 7870 ♦ 8 GB DDR2 ♦ GA-P35-DS3L ♦ 80 GB Intel 320 ♦ 160 GB WD Caviar SE ♦ W10 Home

Yeah, found it in the GTA V benchmark and maybe one or two others. I don't believe the HT yields lesser performance, benchmarks can fluctuate, I just think HT doesn't make much of a difference in most games when you have a quad-core. (HT with dual-core CPU's does seem to help quite a bit though).

Both GTA V and Witcher 3 show an advantage to the i7. While in the city in Witcher 3 the difference is huge. Plenty of YouTube benchmarks on this.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

I don't remember exactly, I remember being surprised after seeing them in one of Luke's benchmarks (possibly the GTA V one?). I'll see if I can find it.

Yeah, found it in the GTA V benchmark and maybe one or two others. I don't believe the HT yields lesser performance, benchmarks can fluctuate, I just think HT doesn't make much of a difference in most games when you have a quad-core. (HT with dual-core CPU's does seem to help quite a bit though).

Wow, shocking.  (no sarcasm intended).  Well Thank You for looking it up again and for the information.

-Made In Canada

Both GTA V and Witcher 3 show an advantage to the i7. While in the city in Witcher 3 the difference is huge. Plenty of YouTube benchmarks on this.

Either way, they are both very powerful cpu's and then you can overclock them.  (overclocking is something i personally do not like to do).

-Made In Canada

Either way, they are both very powerful cpu's and then you can overclock them.  (overclocking is something i personally do not like to do).

The 4690K is a beast when overclocked. Mine's at 4.6GHz, my Cinebench scores beat a i7 3770. If you're not looking to max out every game you play the 4690K is the logical choice. The 4790K is just the better choice for those who want to max out the graphics settings. Not in most games, but all of them.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

The 4690K is a beast when overclocked. Mine's at 4.6GHz, my Cinebench scores beat a i7 3770. If you're not looking to max out every game you play the 4690K is the logical choice. The 4790K is just the better choice for those who want to max out the graphics settings. Not in most games, but all of them.

Yeah, even the i5-4460 (the cpu i plan to get due to not overclocking it anyway, and a fair bit cheaper) is still good even though its locked at 3.2GHz i think it was.

Edited by Made In Canada

-Made In Canada