R9 280x?

JLozares
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Hey, I plan on getting an R9 280x locally from another person because I live in Canada the retail on them just suck.

I just would like to know if I should get the PowerColor R9 280x or the Club 3D R9 280x. I know performance shouldn't be different but are these brands reputable?

What do you guys think of Powercolor and Club 3D?

I wouldn't buy either unless you're getting a really good deal. Can you get a proof of purchase (receipt or invoice) for either of the two cards? That would likely be the deciding factor for me. I would prefer the Powercolor over the club3d though just based on a brief overview of newegg reviews but definitely do some research for yourself. How much are you paying btw?

Actually scrap the part i said about warranty because Powercolor offers a 2 year warranty which is likely expired by now depending on when the card was purchased and club3d's warranty is a joke

"Warranty claims regarding Club 3D products will be handled by representative parties of Club 3D BV and Club 3D GmbH. Warranty claims from end-users are not handled directly by Club 3D. End-users with warranty claims, support issues or any other technical enquiries regarding Club 3D products can directly contact their place of purchase. Your place of purchase should handle all your enquiries,claims or questions."

Just go with the Powercolor if you can't find anything better. 

Hey, I plan on getting an R9 280x locally from another person because I live in Canada the retail on them just suck.

I just would like to know if I should get the PowerColor R9 280x or the Club 3D R9 280x. I know performance shouldn't be different but are these brands reputable?

Edited by Glenwing
Title corrected

I have no experience with those brands but i would chose the Club over PowerColor.

Forgive me El Guapo. I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education...

Research the two, I'd see if Tech Showdown has a comparison.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

Which models are they?

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

I wouldn't buy either unless you're getting a really good deal. Can you get a proof of purchase (receipt or invoice) for either of the two cards? That would likely be the deciding factor for me. I would prefer the Powercolor over the club3d though just based on a brief overview of newegg reviews but definitely do some research for yourself. How much are you paying btw?

Actually scrap the part i said about warranty because Powercolor offers a 2 year warranty which is likely expired by now depending on when the card was purchased and club3d's warranty is a joke

"Warranty claims regarding Club 3D products will be handled by representative parties of Club 3D BV and Club 3D GmbH. Warranty claims from end-users are not handled directly by Club 3D. End-users with warranty claims, support issues or any other technical enquiries regarding Club 3D products can directly contact their place of purchase. Your place of purchase should handle all your enquiries,claims or questions."

Just go with the Powercolor if you can't find anything better. 

Intel i7 3770K [] Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 [] MSI R9 290X 4GB [] 16GB  G.SKILL 2133Mhz [] Crucial MX100 256GB [] WD Black 1TB [] XFX Pro 850W [] Fractal Define R3 [] Func MS-3 R2 [] Corsair K60 []