How would the 780 perform with triple-monitor (3x1080p) and 4K resolutions though?

That's the main reason I didn't include it. Also I'm not a fan of SLI / Crossfire and dual gpu Cards.

And yeah, I have a 3TB Green drive I can use but I'd prefer to stick with a higher capacity SSD. A lot of things that I'll be accessing frequently (Photoshop work, Blender projects, videos I'm working with, game installations etc) would be stored on the SSD.

A Titan is only ever so slightly better than the 780 for gaming at higher resolutions. The extra cost doesn't match the performance. You'd be better off with 2 780's if you really needed more power. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

A Titan is only ever so slightly better than the 780 for gaming at higher resolutions. The extra cost doesn't match the performance. You'd be better off with 2 780's if you really needed more power.

Isn't multi-monitor and 4K heavily reliant on VRAM though?

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

Isn't multi-monitor and 4K heavily reliant on VRAM though?

Yes, just like every other resolution. 

3GB shouldn't have any trouble with triple 1080p unless you're doing something weird image settings.

As for 4K, something like 4GB of vram would be recommended like a 770 sli but a single card would be better for Blender and the OP doesn't like sli. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Yes, just like every other resolution. 

3GB shouldn't have any trouble with triple 1080p unless you're doing something weird image settings.

As for 4K, something like 4GB of vram would be recommended like a 770 sli but a single card would be better for Blender and the OP doesn't like sli.

This is where I got lost before lol

So a 780 is more powerful than a 770, but a 770 can have 4GB of VRAM compared to the 780's 3GB. A Titan is much more expensive but has 6GB of RAM. For good performance in 3D games at 4K which single-card solution would work out best?

I'd assumed that the Titan would just streamroll them at this res.

This is where I got lost before lol

So a 780 is more powerful than a 770, but a 770 can have 4GB of VRAM compared to the 780's 3GB. A Titan is much more expensive but has 6GB of RAM. For good performance in 3D games at 4K which single-card solution would work out best?

I'd assumed that the Titan would just streamroll them at this res.

Steamroll? No. 4K steamrolls the 770, 770 sli, 780, and Titan.

The titan isn't that much better than the 780 in gaming.

If you're asking which single card is the best out of the 770, 780, and Titan, you may want to reevaluate what you're asking.

Steamroll? No. 4K steamrolls the 770, 770 sli, 780, and Titan.

The titan isn't that much better than the 780 in gaming.

If you're asking which single card is the best out of the 770, 780, and Titan, you may want to reevaluate what you're asking.

Ah, ok.

I guess I am asking that... sort of. I know that in terms of pure power the 770 lags behind a lot and the 780 is essentially the same as the Titan when gaming at 1080p, but I wasn't sure how each card's power translated to 4K gaming.

I tried looking for benchmarks online to compare them all but couldn't find anything relevant or helpful. Almost all of the benchmarks were to do with 770 SLI, 780 SLI and Titan SLI.

@Whiskers

If I were u, just go with the Titan, u will benefit from it considering u have a 4K TV or monitor, do blender work, and have multi monitor (i think u said that).

Is it worth the performance? No. Is it what u need? Yes. 

Folding for LTT since April 2016.

I tried looking for benchmarks online to compare them all but couldn't find anything relevant or helpful. Almost all of the benchmarks were to do with 770 SLI, 780 SLI and Titan SLI.

This is because 4K using a single gpu just isn't practical atm.