what is it like going from a nvidia gpu to an amd one?

Kingcomicbook
Go to solution Solved by QueenDemetria,

so in the next couple upgrades ill be getting a second monitor and a r9 390. I currently have a 750ti and was wondering what it would take to upgrade software wise? like would I have to go delete some stuff off of my hard drive? or does it not matter?

Uninstall your Nvidia drivers(either with control panel uninstaller or DDU) > turn off your PC and remove Nvidia card > install AMD card and boot > install AMD drivers(reboot if needed) then game on.

so in the next couple upgrades ill be getting a second monitor and a r9 390. I currently have a 750ti and was wondering what it would take to upgrade software wise? like would I have to go delete some stuff off of my hard drive? or does it not matter?

Get rid of the drivers for your old card, and the performance will be much better with the 390

Get rid of the drivers for your old card, and the performance will be much better with the 390

how would i do that?

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

Easy as 1, 2, 3.

I never uninstalled my quadro p150 drivers when I upgraded to a Radeon 9200!

Uninstall your Nvidia drivers(either with control panel uninstaller or DDU) > turn off your PC and remove Nvidia card > install AMD card and boot > install AMD drivers(reboot if needed) then game on.