Build Help

DoctorEeevil

Hello all. I'm building a gaming pc, and its my first ever build. I was wondering if this build will hold up to 1080p/60fps on max settings with most modern games. I also need a recommendation for a PSU that can power this build, and I need to know whether it's important to have an aftermarket CPU or GPU cooler if I don't overclock either one. Thanks, LTT!

Any budget? And if you don't overclock, you should be fine with the stock CPU cooler. Unless you get annoyed with how much sound it makes (not that much), then you can swap out for an aftermarket CPU cooler. I would recommend a PSU from EVGA (*My opinion*). Just letting you know, Corsair CX PSUs dont get much love on this forum...

~~ Intel Xeon E5-2696 v4, Asus X99-A II, Adata 2x8 GB, EVGA GTX 980Ti FTW, InWin 303, Dell U3415W~~

The only thing would to use a H97 chipset motherboard, because you can't overclock your CPU because it isn't a "k" part, like the 4690k. Also, you do not need aftermarket cooling, especially since you are using a non-overclocking CPU. The graphics card already has aftermarket cooling, MSI's cooling.

H97 motherboard - this is the exact same product line as your current one, but it uses H97 rather than Z97 and as a result it should be cheaper.

http://us.msi.com/product/mb/H97-PC-Mate.html

I am conducting some polls regarding your opinion of large technology companies. I would appreciate your response. 

Microsoft Apple Valve Google Facebook Oculus HTC AMD Intel Nvidia

I'm using this data to judge this site's biases so people can post in a more objective way.

Any budget? And if you don't overclock, you should be fine with the stock CPU cooler. Unless you get annoyed with how much sound it makes (not that much), then you can swap out for an aftermarket CPU cooler.

My budget for the PSU is around $50USD/$65CAD, but I can go higher if it means a more reliable PSU. Also, thanks for the cooling info. I think I'll stick with the stock cooler, because noise isn't an issue.

The only thing would to use a H97 chipset motherboard, because you can't overclock your CPU because it isn't a "k" part, like the 4690k. Also, you do not need aftermarket cooling, especially since you are using a non-overclocking CPU. The graphics card already has aftermarket cooling, MSI's cooling.

H97 motherboard - this is the exact same product line as your current one, but it uses H97 rather than Z97 and as a result it should be cheaper.

http://us.msi.com/product/mb/H97-PC-Mate.html

OK, thanks! To clarify, that MOBO is the same, but without overclocking support? Also, do you know how much it would cost me to step up to multi GPU support on the MOBO?

My budget for the PSU is around $50USD/$65CAD, but I can go higher if it means a more reliable PSU. Also, thanks for the cooling info. I think I'll stick with the stock cooler, because noise isn't an issue.

Antec High Current Gamer 620M - get that.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Its not great tbh intact it's effectively useless without a psu

What is?

Given the psu budget quote in US & CA $, I take it the purchase is being made in Canada.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($227.03 @ Vuugo)
Motherboard: Asus H97-PLUS ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($129.75 @ Vuugo)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($57.98 @ DirectCanada)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($58.03 @ Vuugo)
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 390 8GB SOC Video Card  ($428.98 @ Newegg Canada)
Case: Corsair 100R ATX Mid Tower Case  ($65.50 @ Vuugo)
Power Supply: SeaSonic 650W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($119.99 @ NCIX)
Total: $1087.26
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-10-21 14:32 EDT-0400

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

you didn't include a psu in your link making it useless

That's why he was asking for PSU recommendations...

~~ Intel Xeon E5-2696 v4, Asus X99-A II, Adata 2x8 GB, EVGA GTX 980Ti FTW, InWin 303, Dell U3415W~~

OK, thanks! To clarify, that MOBO is the same, but without overclocking support? Also, do you know how much it would cost me to step up to multi GPU support on the MOBO?

Yes. Also, the motherboard supports AMD Crossfire, but not Nvidia SLI. Also, If you are planning to do a 390 Crossfire, you will need a 1000 watt power supply or higher.

I am conducting some polls regarding your opinion of large technology companies. I would appreciate your response. 

Microsoft Apple Valve Google Facebook Oculus HTC AMD Intel Nvidia

I'm using this data to judge this site's biases so people can post in a more objective way.

you didn't include a psu in your link making it useless

Did you even read the OP? lol

Yes. Also, the motherboard supports AMD Crossfire, but not Nvidia SLI. Also, If you are planning to do a 390 Crossfire, you will need a 1000 watt power supply or higher.

OK, thanks! In the future I might want to do crossfire to push 1440 or ultra wide.