A video series request from a devleoper!

Nathooo_

Hello,

Long time lurker here, be gentle with me!

I have a request for a few videos (or even a series), where you guys review laptops and do builds that are designed for Developers/Video Editors and other 'Professional' uses. Having myself been developing programs for a few years now, I now understand the need for specialized setups for certain workflows. I would also like to see some videos which are designed for 'super users', i.e. Ubuntu as a desktop/laptop OS, or using such distros as CentOS on a server etc.

I feel that you could attract a whole new audience if you started videos which were designed for Developers and System Admins.

I have a list on my computer (Which is at home rn) of video ideas that I came up with in the space of 5 minutes based on these topics which I can email to someone if you would like to see it.

Currently I am in the market for a laptop which I can use for on the go development since I travel a lot and probably others are also!

N :)

-Also I don't know how to tag the LTT crew-

A lazy software engineer from Australia.

Specs Below:

Spoiler

Windows 10 and Ubuntu 16.10 Dual Boot

Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5

Mouse: MX Master

Monitors: Dell 1440p 25" somethings

(I change out hardware often so this may not be accurate.)

CPU: Intel i7 4790K

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 960 4GB

SSD: 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe

54475334.jpg

wouldnt be very entertaining

dont think alot of people would watch that

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

54475334.jpg

wouldnt be very entertaining

dont think alot of people would watch that

They should make a series on TechQuickie called Not So TechQuickie where they go in depth on topics such as this.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

If people are from that background, most likely they already know how to do all these things. If you wanted to learn about them, youd probably take an actual class somewhere and not watch video tutorials on youtube as theyd fall under a professional background.

Also as for builds, most of those "overkill" builds are usually workstation based.

My Rigs:

Gaming/CAD/Rendering Rig
Case:
 Corsair Air 240 , CPU: i7-4790K, Mobo: ASUS Gryphon Z97 mATX,  GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970, RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16GB, SSD: SAMSUNG 1TB 840 EVO, Cooling: Corsair H80i PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/f2TH99SFF HTPC
Case:
Silverstone ML06B, CPU: Pentium G3258, Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H97N-WiFi, RAM: G.Skill 4GB, SSD: Kingston SSDNow 120GB PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/JmZ8TW

They should make a series on TechQuickie called Not So TechQuickie where they go in depth on topics such as this.

YES

NOT SO QUICKIE AFAP

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

I don't think LTT is the kind of channel that would do something like that. They seem to be geared more towards the mainstream population (I don't mean this in any offensive way).

A few channels I'd recommend checking out though are TekSyndicate, TekSyndicate Hardware, TekLinux, and TekEnterprise if you're interested in that kind of stuff . All the videos on these channels are made by the same group of people and they're great advocates of Linux. One of the people on the channel is an actual system admin IRL (or used to be - I'm not sure) and is extremely knowledgeable - I'm sure you'll find his videos useful (look for videos made by Wendell).

I actually couldn't underclock my 5 year old GPU to make it as slow as a next-gen console.

#pcmasterraceproblems

~Slick

YES

NOT SO QUICKIE AFAP

YES AFA.. !? O.o

A lazy software engineer from Australia.

Specs Below:

Spoiler

Windows 10 and Ubuntu 16.10 Dual Boot

Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5

Mouse: MX Master

Monitors: Dell 1440p 25" somethings

(I change out hardware often so this may not be accurate.)

CPU: Intel i7 4790K

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 960 4GB

SSD: 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe

YES AFA.. !? O.o

as fast as possible

You should try with official threads like http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/184739-what-product-would-you-like-to-see-us-review-that-we-havent-yet/ and http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/300200-what-should-i-review-next/ or even direct message to Linus.

To be honest the way channel has been developing for while now is less focused content and more general/entertainment value.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv