Razer Diamondback 2015 edition

wowsers

http://www.razerzone.com/press/detail/press-releases/the-legendary-razer-diamondback-gaming-mouse-is-back-now-with-the-worlds-most-precise-sensor

http://www.razerzone.com/press/detail/press-releases/razer-launches-the-worlds-most-precise-notebook-gaming-mouse

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/134245-razer-mamba-2015-hands-on-the-best-gaming-mouse-on-the-planet (no press release found on razer website even though it's listed in products)

So I found out a couple of days ago that Razer has reincarnated their Diamondback once more, this time with ridiculous specs (+ other mice).

After all this thime they decided to add a 16k 5g DPI sensor which can handle up to 50 g's, something to note about this is the sheer unreasonable will to add DPI just to make a point. Weighing in at about 89 grams it sure isn't the heaviest mouse out there but for claw grippers during games it might be a good thing (I have little experience). Back from the old one is the 4 side buttons giving users the ability to flip the mouse (in software?) for left handed support (7 programmable buttons in total). Needs razer synapse for activating drivers and full settings for device unless you are running linux (like me) and is locked out until someone writes their own drivers for it. It also comes in a fully controllable wide color spectrum for making colors shine an all the rainbows colors should you wish, different effects and different settings are still locked under the downloadable drivers though.

One other mouse that has been announced are the wireless (Bluetooth 4) Razer Mamba which also ships the 16k DPI sensor (it can also be used with its front facing usb cable). A more exciting feature is the ability to tweaking the micro-switches inside the mouse by external screws using an included tool for adjustments, the Mamba also supports the same rgb color customization options as the previously mentioned mouse.

Another mouse that is mentioned is the Razer Orochi, this is a middle-ground wireless mouse in terms of size and specs (it too has the ability to be plugged in via usb for charging). It has a 8.2k DPI sensor and the mouse will supposedly last for 7 months of use (or 60 hours of intense gaming), it has a tad fewer options of color customizibility due to the scroll wheel being the only part of the mouse that is illuminated. Same as all other mice is that it needs drivers for color cuztomation and profiles.

Though this might only interest very few I though it was worth mentioning, please give feedback if I've gotten something wrong or forgotten anything too.

The design doesn't really stand out, it just look like an ordinary mouse which is weird since it's coming from Razer.

The design doesn't really stand out, it just look like an ordinary mouse which is weird since it's coming from Razer.

AFAIK as OP said it's a redone design of one of their mice that was wildly popular in their earlier days.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

That is because it is basically a re-release of their iconic first mouse.

A standard for high-performance gaming since 2004, the Razer Diamondback featured the world’s first optical sensor in a gaming mouse, and its form factor and functionality was developed with the best eSports athletes of the time. Its lightweight design, responsiveness, ergonomic shape and on-the-fly sensitivity adjustment quickly established it as the gaming mouse of choice for professional gamers. The Razer Diamondback went on to win numerous awards globally, and it remains a highly sought after and bestselling mouse to this day. - See more at: http://www.razerzone.com/press/detail/press-releases/the-legendary-razer-diamondback-gaming-mouse-is-back-now-with-the-worlds-most-precise-sensor#sthash.YbFJqVeo.dpuf

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

cough *crap sensors* cough

Nah it goes up to 16k dpi and has the option to increment by 1 dpi. And as we all know higher dpi = more accurate because, umm, NUMBERS! /s

Home is where the heart my desktop is.

Nah it goes up to 16k dpi and has the option to increment by 1 dpi. And as we all know higher dpi = more accurate because, umm, NUMBERS! /s

I smell your sarcasm :lol:

I hope we won't go back to the era where nearly all gaming mice are laser. Too many people I know suffered because their laser mice (from Razer, Steelseries and Logitech) broke and they have a lot of trouble finding replacement or adapting to optical.

Bring back to boomslang..
Don't care for the product, but damn it do I like a funny name and that one has stuck with me lol

Higher frame rate over higher resolution.

CPU-i5 4690k -GPU-MSI 970 sli -Mobo-MSI g45 gaming -Memory-16gb crucial ballistix -PSU- EVGA 80+ gold g2 850w -Case- corsair 200r

Monitors- Acer XB240H, Asus ROG Swift, Dell P2815Q 2160p  -Keyboard- Corsair k70 RGB -Mouse- Corsair M65 -Mouse Pad- Glorious Extended Pad -Headphone- BeyerDynamic DT990 250ohm, Senheiser HD 518, Fiio E10k

I just want an rgb Naga without stupid wireless additivies.

Mind you I'll still keep my Naga over any other mouse I've tried but if love to have my Naga 2014 as a take with me mouse and an rgb Naga for my desk at home.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

I just want an rgb Naga without stupid wireless additivies.

Mind you I'll still keep my Naga over any other mouse I've tried but if love to have my Naga 2014 as a take with me mouse and an rgb Naga for my desk at home.

The Mamba has a wired rgb option also (tournament edition), not impossible the same thing will happen to the Naga at some point.

Also, isn't it about time we stop looking for high dpi's and strive for better 1:1 ratio in laser mice, I'll gladely drop DPI in half for 1:1 precision instead of having a ridiculous 16k DPI to mess around with...

The mamba has a wired rgb option also (tournament edition), not impossible the same thing will happen to the Naga at some point.

Also, isn't it about time we stop looking for high dpi's and strive for better 1:1 ratio in laser mouses, I'll gladely drop DPI in half for 1:1 precision instead of having 16k DPI to mess around with...

eventually I hope. Btw fuck the Naga hex. Literally kills the entire point of a Naga in the first place.

Anyways. PTE sensors are about as close to 1:1 lasers can get (basically perfect sensor the Naga and some others use), but it has a huge side effect..

The two sensor system means that if you lift your mouse at all it registers that as an off axis mouse movement. (This is a z-axis issue) which isn't a big deal for people like me but anyone who lifts the mouse sometimes is gg using this sensor.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

eventually I hope. Btw fuck the Naga hex. Literally kills the entire point of a Naga in the first place.

Anyways. PTE sensors are about as close to 1:1 lasers can get (basically perfect sensor the Naga and some others use), but it has a huge side effect..

The two sensor system means that if you lift your mouse at all it registers that as an off axis mouse movement. (This is a z-axis issue) which isn't a big deal for people like me but anyone who lifts the mouse sometimes is gg using this sensor.

Let's hope they spent some money on better z-axis detection then :V