R9 270X running hot even with case door open?

ffxiimaniac

As the title says. Even with the case door open, it runs at 47C on idle with nothing running besides the elgato hd60 software. Is this normal? As a result the fans spin at 1200RPM on idle accourding to speedfan. When under load with PCSX2 at 6X the resolution it is running at 56C with the fan RPM of 1700RPM almost. This seems insanely high for the case door being open. Any questions you have to help solve this would be good. It's always been this way for me, I just thought it was my case/airflow. Now that I have that solved I don't understand these issues. Nothing else in the case runs at more than 46C even under load.. Which is still lower than the GPU on idle. If this is a stupid question I apologize.

"Gaming is the greatest gift of modern artists"

As the title says. Even with the case door open, it runs at 47C on idle with nothing running besides the elgato hd60 software. Is this normal? As a result the fans spin at 1200RPM on idle accourding to speedfan. When under load with PCSX2 at 6X the resolution it is running at 56C with the fan RPM of 1700RPM almost. This seems insanely high for the case door being open. Any questions you have to help solve this would be good. It's always been this way for me, I just thought it was my case/airflow. Now that I have that solved I don't understand these issues. Nothing else in the case runs at more than 46C even under load.. Which is still lower than the GPU on idle. If this is a stupid question I apologize.

Those temperatures are quite good for any air cooled graphics. And they aren't actually high at all.

Edit: My older computer is similar, with its GTX 650ti seeing similar temperatures when going from idle to full load, and the rest of the system stays between 40-55oC with the fans set to standard and running at low RPM.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Those temperatures are quite good for any air cooled graphics. And they aren't actually high at all.

Edit: My older computer is similar, with its GTX 650ti seeing similar temperatures when going from idle to full load, and the rest of the system stays between 40-55oC with the fans set to standard and running at low RPM.

Speedfan shows the flames though? Also it is loud at 1700RPM quite loud actually.

"Gaming is the greatest gift of modern artists"

Speedfan shows the flames though? Also it is loud at 1700RPM quite loud actually.

1. Speed fan doesn't work correctly all of the time

2. The fan has to be running faster than 1700RPM if its loud-even my cheapest graphics cards with the worst fans aren't loud at higher RPM.

3. I think there might be a fault with fan itself if its reporting that speed while also being loud

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

1 - Speedfan is abysmal

2 - it's normal for a card to run warmer and louder under full load - what are your load temps and RPMs?

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6