Moto 360 1st Gen vs. 2nd Gen

BAPEsta

I'm thinking about buying a Moto 360 w/ metal band(I am open to other models/brands with proper arguments for why) and I'm wondering wether I should go for the 1st or 2nd Gen, is the hefty price increase worth it? Are there really any massive benefits for someone like me who will use it quite casually? I'm not a power user of even my phone.

I have quite wide wrists so 46mm is what I aim for.

They're sharing a drink they call loneliness, but it's better than drinkin' alone...

BitFenix Prodigy Black / Intel Core i7 3770K / Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI mITX / ASUS GeForce GTX 660Ti DCUII 2GB / Corsair Vengance LP 8GB (2x4096MB) CL9 1600Mhz / Corsair SF600 - 600W  / Corsair H70 Push Pull

Huawei watch is sexier.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Huawei watch is sexier.

But also much more expensive. Does it really give me any benefits as a casual user?

They're sharing a drink they call loneliness, but it's better than drinkin' alone...

BitFenix Prodigy Black / Intel Core i7 3770K / Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI mITX / ASUS GeForce GTX 660Ti DCUII 2GB / Corsair Vengance LP 8GB (2x4096MB) CL9 1600Mhz / Corsair SF600 - 600W  / Corsair H70 Push Pull

But also much more expensive. Does it really give me any benefits as a casual user?

The only use a watch has is looking sexy anyway so yes.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

The only use a watch has is looking sexy anyway so yes.

I honestly don't think it's that much better looking. 

I'm wondering the same thing.

The 2nd gen probably isn't worth the extra money though.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

I honestly don't think it's that much better looking. 

Huawei is AMOLED so atleast you can have it always on and it's actually round.

Spoiler

Huawei is AMOLED so atleast you can have it always on and it's actually round.

As long as the screen turns on when I turn my wrist to look at the time/notifications, then I will be glad. I don't see the point in having it always on if I'm not looking at it. Battery life is more important to me. 

from what I can tell, the differences are limited to an improved processor, and a more normal band layout. The more up to date chip might also improve battery life, as that was a sore spot of the 1st gen moto 360.

I too have been thinking about getting a used 1st gen moto 360, as I don't know if the smartwatch life is for me, so it won't sting as much if I got it for cheap.

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd

I'm considering the 1st gen for the same reason, if I realize that "it's not for me" I'd be much more okay with spending just over $200 than closer to $400.

I still use my 1st gen moto 360 a lot and I havent really been compelled to get the new one. Maybe after a price drop I;d consider it.

I kinda like the design of the older one more too.

I *did* totally wreck a really cool watch strap I had just to get it on the moto 360 and after a while it broke. If you want to mess with different straps even a little, maybe wait for the price to come down a bit.

Dream-phone: USB type-c (3.1), 1440p, 5-inch, removable battery, 32gb RAMdrive, sd card slot, stock Android, transparent atomic purple build, 9050 mah battery, waterproof AF, nuclear powered, ac wifi is fine.
                           OR a one-of-a-kind iphone that runs Android.

I still use my 1st gen moto 360 a lot and I havent really been compelled to get the new one. Maybe after a price drop I;d consider it.

I kinda like the design of the older one more too.

I *did* totally wreck a really cool watch strap I had just to get it on the moto 360 and after a while it broke. If you want to mess with different straps even a little, maybe wait for the price to come down a bit.

I'll always go for the metal straps, I can't wear anything else.