Considering Corsair Peripherals

I've had my Mad Catz FREQ 5 headset for a few months and I've noticed a crack in it already! :O

I thought about what I want to do and thought where the red FREQ 5 and RAT 5 looked (in my opinion) amazing, I thought a Corsair mouse and headset (as well as a keyboard) would fit my Corsair Carbide 500R considerably better, 

I was wondering if The Corsair Vengeance 1500 7.1 Headset would be better than the FREQ5? (I do much prefer the Wired sets)

Thanks in advance

I love the vengeance 1500 headset, 3 of my friends and my little brother have it. All of them are very happy with it. I have a corsair m65 mouse and love it.

Desk: monitors 3x Asus VE248h(eyefinity), Keyboard Cm Strom Trigger(mx red), Mouse Corsair m65, Headset Audio Technica ATH-M50

Black Friday 2013 Build: i7 4770k, Gigabyte Z87X UD5H, 16gb Corsair, Msi R9 290, Corsair Axi 760, Corsair 750D, 2x intel 530 240gb ssd, 2x Seagate 400gb

Older Machine amd x640, msi 760g mobo, 8gb gskillz, Sapphire 6870, Corsair hx650, Cooler master haf 922, ocz agility 3 120gb ssd || HTPC: i7 3770k, shuttle xpc z77, 16gb gskillz, Asus GTX 650 ti, intel 120gb msata ssd

Corsair is not bad

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

How would guys say the M60 compares to the M65? Or is it just a preference thing?

Thanks for the quick replies! :P

Corsair is not bad

Not bad? Better than Razer anytime!

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

Corsair is probably one of the best peripheral manufactures right now. I agree that they're better than Razer. Logitech is good to imo. Corsair has amazing mechanical keyboards. Haven't tried their mice.

Desktop: Intel i5-3570K (stock) | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill RipJaw 16GB 1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB | Fractal Design R4 | Windows 8 Pro (soon to have dual boot Mac OS X)

Retina Macbook Pro : Intel i7-3840QM | 16GB 1600 MHz | 256GB SSD | Nvidia GT 650M 1GB | Mac OS X 10.8.5

Speaking of which, has anyone tried the Vengeance 2000 wireless headset?

Desktop: Intel i5-3570K (stock) | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill RipJaw 16GB 1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB | Fractal Design R4 | Windows 8 Pro (soon to have dual boot Mac OS X)

Retina Macbook Pro : Intel i7-3840QM | 16GB 1600 MHz | 256GB SSD | Nvidia GT 650M 1GB | Mac OS X 10.8.5

Corsair is probably one of the best peripheral manufactures right now. I agree that they're better than Razer. Logitech is good to imo. Corsair has amazing mechanical keyboards. Haven't tried their mice.

I have a logitech G700 and love it not to mention how nice the logitech gaming software is.

I have a logitech G700 and love it not to mention how nice the logitech gaming software is.

I have the G700s and the G19s. I love them. Though the 700s battery dies often.

I have the G700s and the G19s. I love them. Though the 700s battery dies often.

really I just leave it plugged in all the time. I just prefer the ergonomics of the mice and the button placement. 

How would guys say the M60 compares to the M65? Or is it just a preference thing?

Thanks for the quick replies! :P

The M60 is the predecessor of the M65. Off the top of my head, I can't think of a reason to go with the M60 unless you can find it significantly cheaper.

The M40 on the other hand is worth consideration if you play competitive/FPS games. You exchange some of the M65's features for a more precise sensor and cheaper price.

The M60 is the predecessor of the M65. Off the top of my head, I can't think of a reason to go with the M60 unless you can find it significantly cheaper.

The M40 on the other hand is worth consideration if you play competitive/FPS games. You exchange some of the M65's features for a more precise sensor and cheaper price.

Looking at the M40 it isn't fast enough, and the Precision button is perfect for me when I need to snipe from far ranged; I often play from Isometric perspective or RTS games, a few FPS's but when I looked at the MMO/RTS M95 mouse, it was too busy for me with the 15 buttons, which is why the high DPI M60/65 with the precision button is the ideal choice for me

But thanks for the Concept

Looking at the M40 it isn't fast enough, and the Precision button is perfect for me when I need to snipe from far ranged; I often play from Isometric perspective or RTS games, a few FPS's but when I looked at the MMO/RTS M95 mouse, it was too busy for me with the 15 buttons, which is why the high DPI M60/65 with the precision button is the ideal choice for me

I'm assuming you have 6/11 windows pointer speed and enhanced pointer precision switched off. What resolution are you using?

:ph34r: awsome set, I do own it  ;)

To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.

I have the Corsair K70 and it is an absolute pleasure to use. Love that keyboard! I also have the Corsair M60 and It is a fantastic mouse for gaming and FPS games in Particular so I would imagine the M65 is pretty much the same thing but with a better sensor. I love Corsair peripherals long time.

I heard great things about the Corsair 1500 and quickly returned it after I wore it. Great looking headset but tended to squeeze to much for my liking and became slightly uncomfortable. I do enjoy my Corsair keyboard though. I use the Corsair K65 (compact mechanical) that has no numpad and uses Cherry MX Red switches.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

K70 with MX Blue + Gunmetal grey is on my wishlist. I'll probably get that and the M95 the instant they become available. There's also the possibility of Black + Blue LED with MX Blue/Brown switches, but I'm not holding my breath for that.

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Go for the M40. It has the Avago 3090.