GPU Render Questions in Adobe Premiere Pro + Additional Dual GPU Questions

Hello, this is my first time posting to the forums so hi to everybody. Now, on to the questions and clarification. So a few months back I decided to buy a GTX 980. A few months afterwards, I read online about how some people ran two cards in their system. One for gaming, the other for PhysX and or GPU rendering. So this is where I have a few questions. Learning Sony Vegas 12 or 13 support the kepler GPUs, I decided to switch to Adobe Premiere Pro... my wallet is killing me at the moment. Anyways, I went into the program directory in the cuda_supported_cards.txt and added "GeForce GTX 760." I changed my video rendering and playback to the GPU Acceleration alternative. I went to render the video and I compared to the software use rendering, only to find out that the times were the same. So a few questions?

• Can I render with my GTX 760 on Adobe Premiere Pro?
  • Is it possible to update my GTX 760 driver?
    • Whenever I tried to, my GTX 980 got in the way
  • My GTX 980 is my default card, how do I check/confirm the GTX 760 is working?

Thanks for all future answers, its greatly appreciated!!

post-269049-0-77638700-1445010333.png

post-269049-0-90107100-1445011631_thumb.

post-269049-0-23070000-1445011636_thumb.

post-269049-0-62365900-1445011638_thumb.

Hello, this is my first time posting to the forums so hi to everybody. Now, on to the questions and clarification. So a few months back I decided to buy a GTX 980. A few months afterwards, I read online about how some people ran two cards in their system. One for gaming, the other for PhysX and or GPU rendering. So this is where I have a few questions. Learning Sony Vegas 12 or 13 support the kepler GPUs, I decided to switch to Adobe Premiere Pro... my wallet is killing me at the moment. Anyways, I went into the program directory in the cuda_supported_cards.txt and added "GeForce GTX 760." I changed my video rendering and playback to the GPU Acceleration alternative. I went to render the video and I compared to the software use rendering, only to find out that the times were the same. So a few questions?

• Can I render with my GTX 760 on Adobe Premiere Pro?
  • Is it possible to update my GTX 760 driver?
    • Whenever I tried to, my GTX 980 got in the way
  • My GTX 980 is my default card, how do I check/confirm the GTX 760 is working?

Thanks for all future answers, its greatly appreciated!!

The 760 was the refreshed 670 right?

If so, add "GeForce GTX 670" to the list.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

No, they're slightly different. If I recall, the GTX 760 has 1156 cores and the GTX 670 has 1344. Or something around there.

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

No, they're slightly different. If I recall, the GTX 760 has 1156 cores and the GTX 670 has 1344. Or something around there.

Should I try putting in "Geforce GTX 670?" 

I attempted to put "Geforce GTX 670." The program didn't even give me an option to render with my GPU anymore. Any other ideas? 

it wont kill to try

I attempted to put "Geforce GTX 670." The program didn't even give me an option to render with my GPU anymore. Any other ideas? 

Its probably just me not having a 770 and a 760?

did you specify the gpu in adobe settings>

No. How would I go about doing that? I obviously chose the GPU render settings/ I thought since the 760 was the GPU I had in the list, it would be used by default. 

There used to be a selection box somewhere - Ill see if I can find it later.

• 2 weeks later...

There used to be a selection box somewhere - Ill see if I can find it later.

Thanks man I appreciate it!