Never played Fallout before, what will Fallout 4 be like?

JorenBus

Hello all,

I'm kinda interested in the Fallout 4 hype, however I'm not sure wether or not I will like it.

I've never played a Fallout game before, however I really like games such as CS:GO, Battlefield, Star Wars Battlefront, GTA V,...

Can you compare Fallout 4 to another game, so I will have a better idea how it will play out? 

Thanks

CPU: Core i5 4690k                                                   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97M                     RAM: 16GB HyperX Fury Red                             

GPU: RX 580                                                             Storage: Sandisk Ultra II 240GB                  PSU: Seasonic M12II Evo 520W

Case: NZXT S340 red/black                                      Case lighting: NZXT Hue+                          Mouse: Logitech G502

Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper212 Evo                     Operating system: Windows 10 64-bit

Hello all,

I'm kinda interested in the Fallout 4 hype, however I'm not sure wether or not I will like it.

I've never played a Fallout game before, however I really like games such as CS:GO, Battlefield, Star Wars Battlefront, GTA V,...

Can you compare Fallout 4 to another game, so I will have a better idea how it will play out? 

Thanks

it is nothing like any of those

but fallout is one of my favourite game series, and fallout 3 and NV are in my top 10 games (if you know anything about me, its that  have played A LOT of games)

I do suggest playing 3 and NV though :) 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Fallout has the quest environment of games like Skyrim, which Bethesda created.

It's free roam, quests are broad, and it's impossible to do everything in the game.

The sheer amount of lore and preparation made is massive, ranging from as many as 500 -1000 (not sure tho) people making the game.

Fallout 4 ensures more action, so if action is your thing go get a try.

But if you love games like skyrim/oblivion it's also worth a try.

If you don't feel comfortable spending so much money, wait a little while, the game will drop in price.

I do suggest playing 3 and NV though :)

Just make sure if you play 3, you know how to use google. The game is finicky when running on anything that isn't vista.

Just make sure if you play 3, you know how to use google. The game is finicky when running on anything that isn't vista.

yeah its a quick fix (at least it was for me) just had to change one line in the config

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

yeah its a quick fix (at least it was for me) just had to change one line in the config

I got the other end of possibilities, I can't run Fallout 3 for longer that 20min no matter what I do. Even did a fresh install. So if you buy the game there's no guarantee you'll be able to play it.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

Even steam simply states that fallout 3 is not optimized for windows 7 or later  :blink:

Don't call me a nerd, it makes me look slightly smarter than you

Even steam simply states that fallout 3 is not optimized for windows 7 or later  :blink:

Having multiple cores increases your chances of issues, being overclocked in my research increases your chances as well. Not sure if AMD or Nvidia being your GPU of choice has anything to do with it though. Some people play the game without issue, some of us are screwed.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

Its even worse if you use crazy resoultions. I've got it working in triple monitors but things like terminals are fucked up and I can't get them to work. I gave up on pc version.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

Hello all,

Thanks

Fallout is a huge Open World in which its up to oyu, what and when and how you do it. There is no annying arrow that show you what to do all the time.

If you dont like exploring, Fallout is not for you.

If you love exploring and do what you want, Fallout will consume you.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO