Valve to sell Steam Hardware at retail stores Ganestop, EB Games & Game UK

Master Disaster

Valve's push to bring PC gaming to the living room is getting a little help from retail. GameStop, EB Games and Game UK will serve as the "exclusive non-digital retailer" for the company's Steam Machines, Steam Controller and Steam Link streaming device, Valve announced today.

Those stores in North America and the U.K. will feature dedicated "Steam Sections" where customers can buy the PC gaming hardware as well as pre-paid Steam cards. Valve announced retail partners for its new hardware initiative earlier this year. GameStop started selling Steam cards at its stores in 2012.

"Creating a 'store within a store' across North America and the UK is a significant win for getting the first generation of Steam Hardware products into gamers' hands," Valve co-founder Gabe Newell said in a press release.

Steam hardware is expected to launch officially on Nov. 10. Steam Machines from hardware manufacturers like Alienware, Asus, Falcon Northwest and others will be priced starting at $449.99. Valve's Steam Controller and Steam Link are priced at $49.99.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/10/5/9455181/valve-steam-machines-gamestop-ebgames

Wow, Valve are going all out with Steam Machine. I can see this actually helping boost sales quite a lot.

I'd consider grabbing a Steam Controller but a Steam Machine, not for me.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Old news.. I'm sure this is a repost. But yah i was buggin my consoles friends about this. They always made fun of how small the pc section is in gamestop.

This is REALLY old news

10 days but it's not been posted here before.

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Pretty good way to bring back "PC gaming" into brick and mortar stores.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X            | Cooler: Deepcool AK400      | Motherboard: B550 Elite AX V2  | Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB  |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB   | GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Ti        | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)    | PSU: EVGA 650W G2             |

More than 10 days dude

5th October 2015. Today is the 15th.

Really simple maths.

More than 10 days dude

post-85015-0-23172400-1444941683.png

Really man ?

5+10 = 15

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

If you're gonna repost something at least spell gamestop right lol

Life.exe is missing

5th October 2015. Today is the 15th.

Really simple maths.

attachicon.gifUntitled.png

Really man ?

5+10 = 15

The news itself, not the fucking news article.

Essentially Polygon is months late on this news

I hadn't seen it before, so thanks for the retoast.

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

Even if pc gaming in the living room becomes the next thing, peasants will still call pc gamers virgins who game in their mother's basements with no friends in an attempt to make it seem like <30fps <1080p <medium/high graphics is worth it if you have friends sitting next to you.

Which many of them don't have anyway. But they still act like every time they turn on their xbox/ps they have friends around so it's a social thing so it's ok and forget the fact that multiplayer exists.

Home is where the heart my desktop is.

Pretty good way to bring back "PC gaming" into brick and mortar stores.

Actually the odd part is that they're deceptively undermining the brick and mortar stores like Gamestop and EB Games by basically promoting a digital only store with the selling of physical products to promote it.

I guess if you want to be a bit more visionary about it you could say that Gamestop and EB Games will end up selling just hardware in the not so distant future: Either full on PC parts or steam machines and whatever kind of mostly receiver only/digital only devices the 9th generation consoles end up being (if any)

-------

Current Rig

-------