EA Greed

Came across this kitguru article of Plants Vs Zombies 2 and how EA is sucking your money away. Im not as against EA as a lot of other people I think this is outrageous! I hate the "free to play" moto. I'd rather pay upfront then stupid micro transactions like how Guild Wars 2 does it.

http://www.kitguru.net/software/gaming/carl/ea-greed-ruins-plants-v-zombies-2-in-game-charges-galore/

What did you think it's EA

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

I blame the players who actually pay for these. It's like walking into a McDonald's and buying a burger everyday, and then blaming McDonald's for making you fat.

That metafor does not make any sense at all

i played candycrush, never paid for anything and at some point you hit a wall and you have to pay for the next levels so mean!....they want our money so bad :D

Can't say I'm surprised. The majority of free to play games are like that.

I get what they were trying to imply, but yeah, it's a shitty metaphor.

EA is not forcing anyone to pay, it's F2P. You can play it just fine without paying for the extra, yet people do. 

EA is not forcing anyone to pay, it's F2P. You can play it just fine without paying for the extra, yet people do.

i understand what you mean but i agree @Camul

I know it's bad, but look at the bright side: By buying things you stimulate the economy which right now is just dying just like the reputation of EA.

it was a really bad metafor 

| 3570k @ 4.4.ghz | Hyper 212 evo | 8GB (2x4GB) 1600mhz Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte Z77X UD3H | Corsair CX750M | Corsair 300R | OCZ 240GB SSD | Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD | Asus DCUII 7950 @1150mhz core 1600mhz mem

| BenQ XL2411T | Corsair Vengeance K60 | Logitech G700 | steelseries Qck+ | Fiio E10 | Zalman clip on mic | HD 598 | ATH-M50 |

I actually feel bad for these companies

RHSJ6.png

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

Dell Vostro 5470: i5 4200U Nvidia GT740m 2Gb 14" 1366x768 Kingston V300 120Gb                                                                                              

2004 was a bad year

| 3570k @ 4.4.ghz | Hyper 212 evo | 8GB (2x4GB) 1600mhz Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte Z77X UD3H | Corsair CX750M | Corsair 300R | OCZ 240GB SSD | Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD | Asus DCUII 7950 @1150mhz core 1600mhz mem

| BenQ XL2411T | Corsair Vengeance K60 | Logitech G700 | steelseries Qck+ | Fiio E10 | Zalman clip on mic | HD 598 | ATH-M50 |

RHSJ6.png

Isn't Maxis still alive? They did make Darkspore.

It's the way f2p makes their money. they are not the only company that does this.

FFS seriously this EA shit is getting annoying. 90% of F2P games are like this. They have micro-transactions in the game because the GAME IS FREEEEEEE.

I don't understand why you are thinking EA is greedy for doing this. It's a free game, if you want to speed up the process you can. But you DON'T HAVE TO.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

It's pretty fair though because you can still finish the game without paying any money. You should blame more game that are strongly require you to buy stuff just to continue to the next level.

It's an analogy ;)

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

This is so pathetic. Im really starting to hate EA, I used to dislike them but i dont understand how they can make so many bad decisions. Is it one evil guy sat in a chair doing this? 

CPU: i5 3570k                                 PSU: CX650 Corsair                 SSD: 128GB Samsung 840

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance     Case: Zalman Z11                    HDD: 500Gb Toshiba & 1TB Western Digital

MOBO: ASrock Extreme 4 Z77        GPU: GTX 770

Thats one hell of a expensive jalapeño.

Makes me worried about C&C already ;/

RHSJ6.png

I nearly cried when I saw this and remembered how awesome the games from those studios once were...

first of all, guild wars 2 is an mmo with very many players. server upkeep is gonna cost a lot. however, they dont charge the player a monthly fee to play. yes u can buy gems which u can exchange for gold, but they do not force it on you like ea. they even give the players access to new parts of the map for free! usually that would be an expansion that would retail about the same cost as the original game. 

If you guys hate EA so much why you waste all this time talking about them? Are you still in grade school?