K70 RGB or Strafe RGB?

Youriv88

Hi,

So i bought a razer blackwidow chroma, but i thought it was a bit too high for me and it felt really uncmofortable on my wrists. so now i am going to return it for a new keyboard, on with a wrist rest.

but here is my struggle, i dont know which one to buy. i like the looks of the strafe more, but the k70 has media keys etc. etc.

so i was wondering, which keyboard will be the most comfortable to work with and which one is easier to clean? also, which one do you think is the prettiest?

The real moral of the story is to never buy Razer products but that's off topic. I'll toss my vote in for the K70

Spoiler
Spoiler

Case Corsair Air 540 CPU AMD Ryzen 5 1600 GPU EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 SC2 iCX Motherboard Asus X370-F Memory G.Skill Flare X 16GB (2x8) 2400MHz Display Asus VG248QE Storage Samsung 960 Pro 512GB - Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD - 1TB Seagate Barracuda - 1TB WD Blue OS MS X Pro Peripherals Corsair K70 RGB Rapidfire -  Razer DeathAdder 2013

Spoiler

Case 15.4" Mid 2012 MacBook Pro CPU Intel Core i7-3720QM GPU Nvidia GT650M Memory Crucial 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600MHz Display 1680x1050 AntiGlare Display Storage 1TB 5400RPM or Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD OS OS X Yosemite (Maybe El Capitan?) - BootCamp MS X Pro Peripherals Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 -  Razer DeathAdder 2013 - Mionix Naos 7000 - Logitech K120 - Razer Tartarus Keypad

Id personally get the K95, but the Blackwidow DOES have a wrist-rest, allthough It's not nearly as big as the wrist-rest on Corsair's keyboards :)

Hi,

So i bought a razer blackwidow chroma, but i thought it was a bit too high for me and it felt really uncmofortable on my wrists. so now i am going to return it for a new keyboard, on with a wrist rest.

but here is my struggle, i dont know which one to buy. i like the looks of the strafe more, but the k70 has media keys etc. etc.

so i was wondering, which keyboard will be the most comfortable to work with and which one is easier to clean? also, which one do you think is the prettiest?

K70 ALL DAY

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

I suggest you to go to any local store where they have both keyboards, try it out.

Then decide.

Both are pretty good keyboards.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

K70!!!

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

They don't sell the keyboards in stores in my country. and also, razer is not a bad company, i just dont like the shape of the blackwidow. but why do you say that the k70 is better than the Strafe RGB? i am a gamer and the Strafe has those rubberized keycaps. and has anyone here tried both of the keyboards? can someone tell me the difference?

Also, the k70 has that ugly logo on it..... i think that i will go for the strafe rgb. does anyone have a reason to pick the k70 above the strafe rgb? 

Also, the k70 has that ugly logo on it..... i think that i will go for the strafe rgb. does anyone have a reason to pick the k70 above the strafe rgb? 

The "Vengeance" model of the K70 RGB has the old Corsair flags logo. There are also a series of new ones coming out with the new flags logo.

I thin k70 rgb looks better. Ive owned it for an year now and everytime i change my rgb profile (recently on pink with ripple effect) i get excited lile a little kid about the lights :)

At first i felt like leds werent bright enougb but now i think this is exactly right for me. Its still gorgeous in dark :)

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Hi,

The K70 RGB,the strafe chassis is plastic... I don't know whether it have metal backplate inside or not...so go for the K70 RGB.... or get a Filco(?)

I'd like to point out the G.skill KM780 is new to the market and uses the same keys.

I own a K70 RGB .. love it, love the media keys and volume control, but it doesn't have the USB pass through.  The straffe doesn't have the media keys but does have the USB pass through.  The G.skill has them both.

Only down side is I do like the Corsair community for RGB profiles but if you are looking for just simple stuff for the RGB colours, might look at the G.Skill. I'm waiting for mine to be delivered.

I recently got the G.skill RGB mouse and switched from the Corsair M95.  I love the G.skill. It rocks.

Phanteks Enthoo Elite | Intel I9 - 7900X | Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme | MSI 1080 TI 

32Gb Dominator Platinum Special Edition Blackout 3200MHz  | Samsung 960 Pro | 2x Samsung 961 Pro (Raid 0) 256Gb M.2 SSD  

Samsung 850 Pro 512Gb | WD Black 4TB | Corsair AX1200i