Samsung’s Market Share Dips Below 25% As Apple Gains This Year

Mr_Troll
The global smartphone industry has started to shift in some rather interesting ways as we reach the end of 2015, with manufacturers once again being in a rush to aim for differentiation in a market that’s over saturated at the moment with tons of different offerings. We’ve seen Apple build on the iPhone 6 and the iPhone 6 Plus launched last year, Samsung launch an all new variant of its Galaxy S flagship lineup, Huawei enter the Nexus race and Xiaomi delay its next Mi series flagship smartphone. But which manufacturer had the best year so far? Folks over at TrendForce have studied the various smartphone manufacturers out there so lets see what they’ve managed to uncover.

291060001444793601.png

While 2015 might not have ended officially yet, we’ve managed to get our hand some global smartphone shipment data for this year’s third quarter. Heading into the iPhone 6s and the iPhone 6s launch this September, Apple had some big shoes to fill. The iPhone 6/6 Plus saw the company’s sales number increase significantly and with the iPhone 6s and the iPhone 6s Plus, Apple tried to change the device as much as it could, while keeping its design details the same.

Samsung on the other hand also started the year very strongly not only with the launch of the Galaxy S6 and the Galaxy S6 Edge, but also its Exynos 7420, the first mobile processor to be manufactured on the 14nm FinFET process by the manufacturer. The Galaxy S6 pair came with an all metal design for the first time in the lineup’s history and the Galaxy S6 Edge impressed users and industry watchers all around

But as the year progressed, we saw Samsung make some rather serious miscalculations which led to lesser volume shipments of the Edged Galaxy S6. We then saw prices of the flagship devices being slashed all around the world by vendors and Samsung tried to breathe fresh air into the lineup with the launch of the Galaxy S6 Edge Plus in the Summers. How has all of this affected the company’s global smartphone shipments?

Well TrendForce expects Samsung to see a 1% decline in annual smartphone shipments for this year, with the company’s overall shipments declining to 323.5, that also includes 10 million units of the Galaxy Note 5. Apple on the other hand will be doing quite well as the year ends according to TrendForce, with the company’s overall shipment share expected to rise to 16% this year with 223.7 million units shipped. Thoughts? Let us know what you think in the comments section below.

Still impresive that Samsung has a bigger marketshare that Apple.

Source: http://wccftech.com/samsungs-market-share-dips-25/

http://press.trendforce.com/press/20151014-2094.html

Intel Core i7 7800x @ 5.0 Ghz with 1.305 volts (really good chip), Mesh OC @ 3.3 Ghz, Fractal Design Celsius S36, Asrock X299 Killer SLI/ac, 16 GB Adata XPG Z1 OCed to  3600 Mhz , Aorus  RX 580 XTR 8G, Samsung 950 evo, Win 10 Home - loving it :D

Had a Ryzen before ... but  a bad bios flash killed it :(

MSI GT72S Dominator Pro G - i7 6820HK, 980m SLI, Gsync, 1080p, 16 GB RAM, 2x128 GB SSD + 1TB HDD, Win 10 home

They obviously have a larger market share than Apple, they have more products for more niches.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

"Samsung’s Market Share Dips Below 25% As Apple Gains This Year", from your chart apple actually lost shares not gained then from 15.4 to 13.7

So samsung's market share went down 8% and apple's went down 11%

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

mhmm apple seems to steal and samsung seems to innovate , apple has never been a good product , the commercial sales and publicity of the product are the good point of thei enterprise

"Samsung’s Market Share Dips Below 25% As Apple Gains This Year", from your chart apple actually lost shares not gained then from 15.4 to 13.7

i didnt make the chart in this article.... the people that made it made  a mistake...

Intel Core i7 7800x @ 5.0 Ghz with 1.305 volts (really good chip), Mesh OC @ 3.3 Ghz, Fractal Design Celsius S36, Asrock X299 Killer SLI/ac, 16 GB Adata XPG Z1 OCed to  3600 Mhz , Aorus  RX 580 XTR 8G, Samsung 950 evo, Win 10 Home - loving it :D

Had a Ryzen before ... but  a bad bios flash killed it :(

MSI GT72S Dominator Pro G - i7 6820HK, 980m SLI, Gsync, 1080p, 16 GB RAM, 2x128 GB SSD + 1TB HDD, Win 10 home

mhmm apple seems to steal and samsung seems to innovate , apple has never been a good product , the commercial sales and publicity of the product are the good point of thei enterprise

apple has never leaded an research into a component , the first Iphone had an samsung processor !

Look here, two threads further: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/466426-imac-refresh-new-specs-more-5k/

Also we're a tech enthusiast forum, please resort to somewhere else for parroting salty fandroids ...

THIS SIGNATURE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Or you could have written the title as "Samsung still on top even after loosing some market share to Apple" but well, perception is in the eye of the beholder isn't it?

Not you personally OP I know you're likely just quoting the source title

-------

Current Rig

-------

Or you could have written the title as "Samsung still on top even after loosing some market share to Apple" but well, perception is in the eye of the beholder isn't it?

Not you personally OP I know you're likely just quoting the source title

It's not even that. Apple lost marketshare as well.

But the headline is copied from WCCFTech. You can't expect them to know that 13.7 is a smaller number than 15.4.

But as the year progressed, we saw Samsung make some rather serious miscalculations which led to lesser volume shipments of the Edged Galaxy S6.

Mind to explain? I fail to see how the Galaxy S6 (Edge) was a failure. Both from an engineering standpoint as of a marketing standpoint.

Why is SpongeBob the main character when Patrick is the star?

Mind to explain? I fail to see how the Galaxy S6 (Edge) was a failure. Both from an engineering standpoint as of a marketing standpoint.

I agree. I thought it was a better phone than the iPhone 6, which was refreshing to see after, imo, Apple winning 2 straight years (5s better than s5, 5 better than s4). I hope to see the S7 match the 6s at the very least though.

I think the S6 was okay , even though it lost some versatility. It's ok since most people who would have bought a Galaxy S didn't really use the lost features that much anyway.

The Note 5 (or should I say S6 Plus?) on the other hand...that was a little disappointing.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

apple has never leaded an research into a component , the first Iphone had an samsung processor !

mhmm apple seems to steal and samsung seems to innovate , apple has never been a good product , the commercial sales and publicity of the product are the good point of the enterprise

They did. The iphone 6s has NVMe storage in it. Sure, they didnt create it, but they were the first to bring it to market.

Rig: Thermaltake Urban S71 | MSI Z77 G45-Gaming Intel Core i5 3570K (4.4Ghz @ 1.4v) CM Hyper 212 EVO | Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB | MSI GTX 660 | Kingston 120GB SSD | Seagate 3TB HDD | EVGA 850W B2

Talking about the company that initiated the modern smartphone war

Put the first IPS display in a smart phone, that was also not 240p

Pushed for high quality, high resolution displays across its whole line up

Always was a leader in build quality and materials

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

So apart from Huawei, which brands grew? Sony, HTC... Pepsi?

Defiantly not HTC, sadly

I'm not sure how going from 15.4% in Q2 to 13.7% in Q3 constitutes a gain for Apple...?

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.