Hi,

I think I have two questions, I may have more haha:

1. There are two cables coming out of the back of the pump, one is a molex and one is a 4 pin with two wires going into it. What do I do with those? I'm assuming the 4 pin goes into my CPU fan header on my motherboard? Idk :wacko:

2. Which is the inlet and outlet? There is no manual or markings and I've only seen one image on google which illustrates it, I'm not sure if its authentic.

3. Can all pumps be controlled with the mobo? Even without PWM?

Oh yeah, pumps can run on their side can't they?

Thanks for all your help,

I'm a water-cooling noob if you didn't already know ;)

Chris

Hi,

I think I have two questions, I may have more haha:

1. There are two cables coming out of the back of the pump, one is a molex and one is a 4 pin with two wires going into it. What do I do with those? I'm assuming the 4 pin goes into my CPU fan header on my motherboard? Idk :wacko:

2. Which is the inlet and outlet? There is no manual or markings and I've only seen one image on google which illustrates it, I'm not sure if its authentic.

3. Can all pumps be controlled with the mobo? Even without PWM?

Oh yeah, pumps can run on their side can't they?

Thanks for all your help,

I'm a water-cooling noob if you didn't already know ;)

Chris

I believe the 4 pin is for 12v power and the PWM signal, I checked the pinouts and the molex is for power and ground. I'm assuming you need to connect both. The inlet is at the centre front of the pump and the outlet is at the edge/top of the pump. 

Spoiler

CPU intel potato2 | Motherboard xpotato69 | RAM DDRPotato | GPU potato 6969 Ti | Case potato curbiide | Storage WD potato GB grey | PSU lakesonic 69 potato Watts | Display(s)69" 0.5K potato 69*69 | Cooling 4 heatpipe fried potato | Keyboard 69 key potato switches | Mouse yukon gold potato | Sound 6.9 surround potato | Operating System OS69 potato

CPU I7 5700HQ |  RAM 8gb DDR3 | GPU GTX 960M | Storage 1 TB HGST HDD | Display 15.6" 1080p IPS panel | Keyboard Steelseries RGB | Operating System Windows 10

CPU R7 3800x |  RAM 32 GB 3200MHZ DDR4| GPU RX 5700XT Ref. | Storage 1TB m.2 NVME, 2x 500GB SSD, 4TB and 750gb hdd | Display LG 32GK850F-BKeyboard Aorus K7 with reds | PSU Corsair RM750X | Case Corsair 275R | Operating System Windows 10

I believe the 4 pin is for 12v power and the PWM signal, I checked the pinouts and the molex is for power and ground. I'm assuming you need to connect both. The inlet is at the centre front of the pump and the outlet is at the edge/top of the pump. 

Thanks, I assume I connect the molex to my PSU?

Thanks, I assume I connect the molex to my PSU?

Yup, but if your unsure I would run on molex power alone and see if it will run.

Spoiler

CPU intel potato2 | Motherboard xpotato69 | RAM DDRPotato | GPU potato 6969 Ti | Case potato curbiide | Storage WD potato GB grey | PSU lakesonic 69 potato Watts | Display(s)69" 0.5K potato 69*69 | Cooling 4 heatpipe fried potato | Keyboard 69 key potato switches | Mouse yukon gold potato | Sound 6.9 surround potato | Operating System OS69 potato

CPU I7 5700HQ |  RAM 8gb DDR3 | GPU GTX 960M | Storage 1 TB HGST HDD | Display 15.6" 1080p IPS panel | Keyboard Steelseries RGB | Operating System Windows 10

CPU R7 3800x |  RAM 32 GB 3200MHZ DDR4| GPU RX 5700XT Ref. | Storage 1TB m.2 NVME, 2x 500GB SSD, 4TB and 750gb hdd | Display LG 32GK850F-BKeyboard Aorus K7 with reds | PSU Corsair RM750X | Case Corsair 275R | Operating System Windows 10

i found this:

200x400px-LL-56035719_phobya_dc12-260_12

49136-2543f8426b9074.jpg

as explained, the molex is power and the smaller header connection is speed

control. if the smaller is not connected, the pump will run 100%

Yup, but if your unsure I would run on molex power alone and see if it will run.

Thanks dude

i found this:

as explained, the molex is power and the smaller header connection is speed

control. if the smaller is not connected, the pump will run 100%

Yeah I saw that top pic, I wasn't sure if that was authentic. Thanks for your help, what should I look for in terms of an adapter for molex? I don't really understand molex if I'm honest.

Chris

using the moles puts 12-volts to the pump and the smaller connector to a

motherboard header will allow speed control and RPM monitoring.

Yeah I saw that top pic, I wasn't sure if that was authentic. Thanks for your help, what should I look for in terms of an adapter for molex? I don't really understand molex if I'm honest.

Chris

you dont need an adapter, just plug it into the molex on PSU.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

using the moles puts 12-volts to the pump and the smaller connector to a

motherboard header will allow speed control and RPM monitoring.

Thanks for that, helped a lot.

Chris

you dont need an adapter, just plug it into the molex on PSU.

I don't have a molex connector on my PSU. I have a CX430M.

Chris

I don't have a molex connector on my PSU. I have a CX430M.

Chris

It does have molex

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

It does have molex

I don't understand, a molex connector has 4 connectors, but the only connector on my PSU that has 4 long is my PCIe power, which is for my CPU.

Chris