In dire need of help! 980 Ti fan grinding noise!

SuperCactus

My G1 Gaming, just after 34 days (which is after the 30 day return policy from newegg) now has a horrible fan grinding noise. The fan seems to be so close to part of the heat sink, it's literally scraping against the metal, and it's unbearable.

Do you think newegg will replace it if I beg them?

Is going for the warranty even worth it, ever? Don't they take like, months to fix it for you? Does the warranty even give you a new one, or just "try" to fix it for you?

I can't believe they put the heat sink so unbelievably close to the fan that it's scraping. They put like, less than 1mm between the fan blade and the heat sink. I have no idea how to fix this? Is there some way to lift the fan so that it's farther out away from the heat sink? 

It's so weird, the fan just randomly started grinding. It actually had this problem the first day that I got it, but it somehow went away naturally (I thought it was some wire near it). But now, I've noticed that it's literally the fan itself has a problem. I'm such an idiot for not returning it.

It either isn't cut properly, so it is hitting another part on the card.  Or, it is just coil whining.  I dunno since the 2 aren't exactly seen as defective, so an RMA might not work.

Is there any way to "pull" the fan out just a little tiny bit so this horrible sound goes away?

I mean that's technically defective.. so try an RMA. If that doesn't work you can actually remove the entire fan and mounting for it and just shave off whatever excess plastic is on it (very carefully to maintain balance and not cut yourself).

My 980 Ti has coil whine like that. I don't really mind since I have headphones but I can see how you would be annoyed.

Mine's the same way.  I remember freaking out when I first heard it too but it's honestly not much of a problem.  I wouldn't worry about it OP, if it's like mine then it will stop after a while.  By the way, it may be past the 30 day return date but it's certainly not past the one year manufacturer warranty that I'm sure it came with.  If it's really still bugging you then I'd call Gigabyte's technical support, they're pretty helpful and fairly easy to get a hold of.  

Oh signature time!  It's on now, gonna give ya somethin snarky and clever and think way too hard about this because I'm really concerned about what people on the internet think of me.  Better google some good quotes to put in here too.....oh wait I'm not a loser.