Good or bad? The PC that I'm building

(pt simply) downgrade cpu (don't get an i7), upgrade gpu. your power supply is a bit overkill also.

R5 3600x | RTX 3070 | 16Gb 3200mhz | Gigabyte B550 gaming x | 500gb 660p SSD + 1tb wd blue HDD |

What are you planning to do with the PC? If you're just going to be gaming you don't need an i7. An i5 will work just as good. And with that you can get a much better GPU such as a 390.

Corsair RM series power supplies are not good, RMi are an improvement and pretty much for the same price. Get EVGA SuperNova power supplies if it won't affect your budget much (it's a tier 1 power supply, surely there must be other ones with the same quality and cheaper price but this PSU is proven to be one of the best there is, so you won't go wrong with it if you decide to pick it up).

As fellow linustechtipians have mentioned, you don't need anything more than a i5 for gaming and can invest the money saved from i7 into a more powerful graphics card. But if are considering to stream or do youtube activly then grab a i7. Also the newest titles (only one I have in mind is Star wars battlefront currently) are already demanding a i7 for best performance, so it's your choice. Who knows, maybe we'll see games demanding i7 processors soon.

Personally, I'd go for i5 + r9 390 or GTX 970.

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/bX6x3C

Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/bX6x3C/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($219.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 106.1 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($119.99 @ B&H) 

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($101.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($38.99 @ Newegg) 

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($89.24 @ Amazon) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($45.89 @ OutletPC) 

Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 390 8GB Video Card  ($313.98 @ Newegg) 

Case: Fractal Design Define S w/Window ATX Mid Tower Case  ($88.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($96.50 @ Newegg) 

Total: $1115.56

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-10-12 04:42 EDT-0400  

You cant make it better

Corsair RM series power supplies are not good, RMi are an improvement and pretty much for the same price. Get EVGA SuperNova power supplies if it won't affect your budget much (it's a tier 1 power supply, surely there must be other ones with the same quality and cheaper price but this PSU is proven to be one of the best there is, so you won't go wrong with it if you decide to pick it up).

As fellow linustechtipians have mentioned, you don't need anything more than a i5 for gaming and can invest the money saved from i7 into a more powerful graphics card. But if are considering to stream or do youtube activly then grab a i7. Also the newest titles (only one I have in mind is Star wars battlefront currently) are already demanding a i7 for best performance, so it's your choice. Who knows, maybe we'll see games demanding i7 processors soon.

Personally, I'd go for i5 + r9 390 or GTX 970.

If OP really needs an i7 but doesn't care about overclocking then he could go with the Xeon E3-1231v3 and just as an fyi the NEX series of PSUs from EVGA are crap :D B2/G2/T2/P2 series' are better.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

Oh, consider getting a skylake based chip for your computer, as far as I can see, the prices are the same as Haswell CPU's but will have a bigger room for upgradeability.

If OP really needs an i7 but doesn't care about overclocking then he could go with the Xeon E3-1231v3 and just as an fyi the NEX series of PSUs from EVGA are crap :D B2/G2/T2/P2 series' are better.

Well I didn't recommend NEX series PSU's, I recommended SuperNova ones. :P

Another fyi, the Supernova series is divided into Supernova NEX, Supernova G2, Supernova B2...etc  :D

Oh, I thought they weren't under SuperNova line up, thanks for the information! :)

Hi I was wondering if the following parts for my PC are good for gaming and if there is anything you would change: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/7TKNCJ

no comment

500 Posts achieved 29/4/16 9:13PM

i7 980x Power! BeamnDrivionothbesgameComicSans

“I was the rebellious one.” - Maxene Andrews

Damn that's a nice hair flick 1981 Simon LeBon!

"Nothing gets you going like a juicy pussy!" - ashens

"what sorry blender isn't that what you make smoothe?" - pathole

"Yeah, well i'm a member of the waffen ss who lives with hitler in the bunker And i like modern music!" - Hans krebs loves fish

"We won world war 2 for a reason" - ironic shitposting is still shitposting

"Fight shooting game with pretty girls" - megami strike 1943

"You've got wood in an evo" - moog

"oxygofishafacematerialsotosis" - linus

"Vehicle stimulator" - crappy russian mod site

"The power table" - Nerdcubed

"Nuclear spaghetti" - ashens

FRANKIE SAYS RELAX!!!!

Oh, consider getting a skylake based chip for your computer, as far as I can see, the prices are the same as Haswell CPU's but will have a bigger room for upgradeability.

Well I didn't recommend NEX series PSU's, I recommended SuperNova ones. :P

Another fyi, the Supernova series is divided into Supernova NEX, Supernova G2, Supernova B2...etc :D

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

Now that Skylake is out, at least the way I see it, you may as well go for it. Invest in DDR4 that will last you over the next couple generations. Also, as previously mentioned, go for an i5, in this case 6600K instead of that i7.

Part of the Q6600 club