Car speaker making odd sounds..

TheKDub

--FIXED--
The issue was the wires for the speaker were hitting the cone when the volume was turned up higher (which made the cone move in and out more).
https://youtu.be/0Gir3C2IOUg

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

There's no video attached.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

There's no video attached.

I realized that, its in the post now.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Could be something loose in the door, or with the mounting, or could be a faulty speaker. I'd swap it with the driver side to test it. Another possibility, and you're not going to like this, is if the last speaker in that position sounded blown, and the new one sounds blown, it could be the amp or the wiring to the door which is faulty. But I'd definitely start with swapping them over and ruling the speaker itself in or out.

Could be something loose in the door, or with the mounting, or could be a faulty speaker. I'd swap it with the driver side to test it. Another possibility, and you're not going to like this, is if the last speaker in that position sounded blown, and the new one sounds blown, it could be the amp or the wiring to the door which is faulty. But I'd definitely start with swapping them over and ruling the speaker itself in or out.

The last one that was there didn't just sound blown, it definitely was blown (cracked, falling apart), and this one has no visible damage to it, no loose stuff from what I can tell. (Maybe the wires are hitting the back of it? that could be possible)

I'm thinking it might be the amp, seeing how the car is 15 (nearly 16) years old...

Hopefully that speaker isn't damaged, I'll try putting it over on the driver side to see if the issue still happens.

If it is the speaker, I'll be hoping crutchfield will help me out... I got em a little over two months ago, though threw out some of the packaging stuff. (Still have the box though)..

The speakers are: Pioneer TS-G1645R

It could be pressing on something behind the speaker, after-market speakers normally have have a deeper mounting depth than OEM, but I would have thought that would effect both speakers.

It could be pressing on something behind the speaker, after-market speakers normally have have a deeper mounting depth than OEM, but I would have thought that would effect both speakers.

Yeah, I'm gonna go rip the speaker out to see if it's the wires hitting the back of the cone, it mainly only happens when the volume is up higher, which would cause the cone to vibrate in and out more..

-=-Update-=-

I removed the speaker (Still had it connected to the amp), turned up the volume to where it normally would make the rumble sound, and there wasn't one, so I tried gently putting one of the wires in a position where the speaker cone would hit it, and the exact same noise happened, so I pretty much just put the cables in differently and popped the speaker back in, works perfect now :D