is there a 1080p ...

Ramontes
Go to solution Solved by i_build_nanosuits,

regardless of size is there still a 1080p ips monitor then with g sync

no, that does not exist.

You shouldnt really be getting a 27" 1080p panel anyway. The PPI makes it look terrible and not crisp at all.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

You shouldnt really be getting a 27" 1080p panel anyway. The PPI makes it look terrible and not crisp at all.

have you ever truly compared these side by side, i always hear people say that 24" is always the way to go but honestly i doubt the 3 inches makes it an unplayable experience and i prefer bigger monitors anyways

The response time is honestly not that important because we don't know how it was tested. One manufacturer can say 5 ms but the other may say 20 ms because they measured it differently so it's kind of irrelevant. And 1080p on 27'' is too low, I wouldn't go above 24'' max. On that resoultion you'd want QHD otherwise the picture may not be sharp as you might want and expect. Even on my 23.6'' I sometimes notice that in games.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

have you ever truly compared these side by side, i always hear people say that 24" is always the way to go but honestly i doubt the 3 inches makes it an unplayable experience and i prefer bigger monitors anyways

if what in your profile is correct they you should HIGHLY consider a 1440p monitor for this 980ti of yours...it's much better and this GPU is kind of a big waste for 1080p as it,s massively overkill!

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

I used a 27'' TN 1080p monitor for a long time, which was totally fine. If you get closer you can obviously see the individual pixels, but it's not a terrible experience.

The response time is honestly not that important because we don't know how it was tested. One manufacturer can say 5 ms but the other may say 20 ms because they measured it differently so it's kind of irrelevant. And 1080p on 27'' is too low, I wouldn't go above 24'' max. On that resoultion you'd want QHD otherwise the picture may not be sharp as you might want and expect.

no, that does not exist.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

if what in your profile is correct they you should HIGHLY consider a 1440p monitor for this 980ti of yours...it's much better and this GPU is kind of a big waste for 1080p as it,s massively overkill!

yeah i dont wanna sit around and wait for the asus pg279q so i kind of want an actual monitor right now instead of playing on a 32" 720p television display

yeah i dont wanna sit around and wait for the asus pg279q so i kind of want an actual monitor right now instead of playing on a 32" 720p television display

look at the acer monitor in my sig it's flawless and it has exactly the same specs the 279q will have it's the same panel they put on it but in a different casing.

even without g sync?

without Gsync there are...here:

http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/monitor/#r=192001080&p=1&sort=a8&page=1&qq=1

but do yourself a favor and get 1440p...gsync or not, get IPS and 1440p at least.

in addition to overkill i mean if i played at 1080 i definitely would not hate maxxing out the 144hz with high settings and some AA 

in addition to overkill i mean if i played at 1080 i definitely would not hate maxxing out the 144hz with high settings and some AA

there is a nice difference between 60FPS and 90FPS...but beyond that from my experience there is not much more ''smootness'' to get...your 980ti is a 1440p graphics card.

What would be your max budget for a gaming monitor son?

this one would suit everybody's need, but the pricing aint for everyone at 700$+ it's quite expensive, but from my experience (i own one) it's worth EVERY penny...i spent 950$CAN for mine and even then it's still the best purchase i made in a long time!

it's bloody fast, the viewing angles are amazing and the colors really pop.

aren't those tn pannels

link is wierd when i click on it i get a toms hardware review of the XB270HU...what do you get?

there is a nice difference between 60FPS and 90FPS...but beyond that from my experience there is not much more ''smootness'' to get...your 980ti is a 1440p graphics card.What would be your max budget for a gaming monitor son?

I know of the Acer but the glossy doesnt get my attention and the Asus had an hdmi port swell so I could hook up my consoles and things which is why I wanted to go asus p279q I really don't want to spend more than 800 I already spend 320 on a z170 deluxe and 365 on 6700K which should be coming in by the end of this week so this monitor is basically the last part of my build

OK look, you NEED 1440p (IMHO) and you also need IPS for 27'' or greater monitors (IMHO) so if you can afford this one, this is the best gaming monitor available as of today it has Gsync, 144hz, 1440p, IPS, 27'' all the shit and giggles are there:

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/acer-monitor-xb270hubprz

If it's too expensive, then i would stick to 1440p but i would go 60hz no Gsync (Still IPS)

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/benq-monitor-gw2765ht

I know of the Acer but the glossy doesnt get my attention and the Asus had an hdmi port swell so I could hook up my consoles and things which is why I wanted to go asus p279q I really don't want to spend more than 800 I already spend 320 on a z170 deluxe and 365 on 6700K which should be coming in by the end of this week so this monitor is basically the last part of my build

glossy? mine is not glossy?

also, not sure but the display port is a gsync requirement and i don't think asus include a whole other scaler in the monitor for you to hook HDMI to it? (might be wrong though i'm not sure, mine only has a display port and no scaler for anything else)

glossy? mine is not glossy?also, not sure but the display port is a gsync requirement and i don't think asus include a whole other scaler in the monitor for you to hook HDMI to it? (might be wrong though i'm not sure, mine only has a display port and no scaler for anything else)

yes display is a requirement but I am pretty sure the Asus has both display port and hdmi obviously g sync being available only with the display port and the pictures show the glossy plastic for the shroud if I'm not mistaken