[US-Amazon] $6.99 Aukey 10,000mAh battery bank (add-on item)

13CA350

This aukey battery bank is 10K mAh and currently only $6.99 on Amazon. I haven't had experience with this particular unit- but I have used other cables and adapters from them. I've never been disappointed d6e51310dc2a7cb7121e001f4d88d7b7.jpg

I wouldn't trust this battery bank to deliver much compared to what it says it's rated for. My Anker 16000mah battery banks seem to lose 25% of their rated capacity from battery inefficiencies and stuff (because it is rated at 59.40 Wh but if I calculate from what it outputs, it should be 80Wh), so this should be an indicator. Plus that battery bank being so cheap should just be untrustworthy due to price.

Sig under construction.

Oh man, cheap battery banks. I've been drafting up another one of my awesome "cheap crap no one should buy" reviews for a while now on just this topic.

Back on topic though, a $60 bank on sale, with almost 90% off? Something smells fishy here lads, let's take this slowly.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

A good 10k+mah should run you about 75-100 bucks. I custom built my battery back up bank and its running 100,800mah but cost me 300 to build, but i can jump start car, even run a car off it.

Go buy a single 3.7v 12600mah lipo cell and a 3.7v to 5v usb, cost you about 40 bucks max with making it look good, then there you go.

I wouldn't trust this battery bank to deliver much compared to what it says it's rated for. My Anker 16000mah battery banks seem to lose 25% of their rated capacity from battery inefficiencies and stuff (because it is rated at 59.40 Wh but if I calculate from what it outputs, it should be 80Wh), so this should be an indicator. Plus that battery bank being so cheap should just be untrustworthy due to price.

Although I agree that this probably isn't 10kmah, you should know that even high end Anker and other battery banks won't get 100% of what they are rated for. Some of the batteries power is lost through heat and other things. 

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Oh man, cheap battery banks. I've been drafting up another one of my awesome "cheap crap no one should buy" reviews for a while now on just this topic.

Back on topic though, a $60 bank on sale, with almost 90% off? Something smells fishy here lads, let's take this slowly.

Huh? That's something amazon does with almost everything. They put the regular price or list price at what the launch price was and never change it, so they can put xx% off all the time. Make more people likely to buy things because they think they're on sale. Nothing to do with this particular item. The scary thing shouldn't be the 90% off, but the only $7 part.

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

10kmah

As some one who teaches chemistry this made me twitch a little... It would just be 10Ah.  It sounds weird when you say kilo-mili-amps-hour.  They label it 10,000mAh for marketing reasons. Sorry... Was very bothered... Carry on.

A good 10k+mah should run you about 75-100 bucks. I custom built my battery back up bank and its running 100,800mah but cost me 300 to build, but i can jump start car, even run a car off it.

Go buy a single 3.7v 12600mah lipo cell and a 3.7v to 5v usb, cost you about 40 bucks max with making it look good, then there you go.

Now I'd like to see both of those, do you have any links to the projects?  What do you do for charging them? What do you use them for?

As some one who teaches chemistry this made me twitch a little... It would just be 10Ah.  It sounds weird when you say kilo-mili-amps-hour.  They label it 10,000mAh for marketing reasons. Sorry... Was very bothered... Carry on.

Now I'd like to see both of those, do you have any links to the projects?  What do you do for charging them? What do you use them for?

Here hard a few pics of my battery pack. Let me explain how i have it all set up.

I use 8x3.7v 12600mah lipos each with a 100amp max 10sec discarge, rated at 20amp continuous current. I have those 8 cells wired 4s2p. So i pair up the cells in parallel which makes 4x3.7 26200mah cells. Then i run those 4 cells in series to make 14.8v x 26200mah cell capable of discharging at up to 200amps for 10 sec or 40amps continuously (plenty to run a car, or jump one)

Beacuse the battery sits at 14.8v it acts just like the electical in a car, so i have a high current plug on the battery, then i made lots of adapters:

Batt>car usb charger (dual 2.5 amp usbs)

Batt>jumper cables

Batt>prewired 400w ac converter

Batt>batt charger

Batt>12v led pods for my bike lights (pedal bike)

Batt>step down regulator

Batt>step up booster (this and step down is so i can have a fully portable regulated constant current and constant voltage power supply anywhere from 0-78v and 0-10amps)

Ill upload some pics as soon as i can. I dont have any on my phone atm

Ermm...no. I don't buy that at all. I bought a 10,000mah pack and it's just fine. It wasn't $100, it was $30.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red