Superhornet or better?

Frembo
Go to solution Solved by Wauthar,

CitizenCon is coming this Saturday, there will probably be a sale. If the SH isn't there, there's also the anniversary coming up where there have been some great sales last year :)

EDIT: sniped by @rucdoc ;)

Long time lurker here.

I really want to invest in Star Citizen and want the superhornet, but, as it is limited and such, do you guys have a suggestion on what to buy in the meantime or should I just wait for the SH to go on sale?

i7 5820k@4.62Ghz| X99-UD5 WIFI |Gigabyte G1 980ti|4x4 2666 RAM| Thermaltake core x9| kraken x61

I Haven't Played it since I bought my Starter Pack  because it felt way to much like an alpha rather than a beta, but its a pretty alpha 

Current: R2600X@4.0GHz\\ Corsair Air 280x \\ RTX 2070 \\ 16GB DDR3 2666 \\ 1KW EVGA Supernova\\ Asus B450 TUF

Old Systems: A6 5200 APU -- A10 7800K + HD6670 -- FX 9370 + 2X R9 290 -- G3258 + R9 280 -- 4690K + RX480

I Haven't Played it since I bought my Starter Pack  because it felt way to much like an alpha rather than a beta, but its a pretty alpha 

Until multi-crew launches, it is still pre-alpha. Remember terminology: pre-alpha = early test, alpha = testing during development to make sure the stuff they are adding works, beta = development done, testing for bugs.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

Note @Frembo that there is a good probability that the super hornet will be on sale saturday for the citcon sale.

CitizenCon is coming this Saturday, there will probably be a sale. If the SH isn't there, there's also the anniversary coming up where there have been some great sales last year :)

EDIT: sniped by @rucdoc ;)

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

Thanks all, I think I will wait for CitCon then. See you in the 'verse!

i7 5820k@4.62Ghz| X99-UD5 WIFI |Gigabyte G1 980ti|4x4 2666 RAM| Thermaltake core x9| kraken x61

Long time lurker here.

I really want to invest in Star Citizen and want the superhornet, but, as it is limited and such, do you guys have a suggestion on what to buy in the meantime or should I just wait for the SH to go on sale?

The SH is not a good starter ship at the moment. It has tons of firepower, but you can pretty much completely disable it by farting at it and clogging up a thruster. ^^ Kind of a glass tank.

The thruster damage will be fixed eventually but I doubt it will be very effective against small fighters any time in the future. Its a heavy fighter, its role will be more aimed towards fighting other ships of its size and countering bombers and small capital ships.

I've been playing with it for about a year now and it certainly pays off but the learning curve is a lot steeper than with some of the nimbler craft. You'd basically be a sitting duck and not a very armored one. Personally, even though I fly a Hornet, I always go for the Hornets first because they're just huge point pinatas.  If you are wandering what to start up and learn the basics in, the Avenger and Gladius are some of the more expensive options and the Aurora LN is the economic approach, though it's a bit clumsy.

If you want, once you've got your "space legs" you can upgrade to the SH when it goes on sale.

The drawback of the Aurora LN is that its starting equipment is very basic, even though it has a lot of room for improvement (S2 mounts on the wings, can use S3 shields and power plants). Right now I recommend the Avenger (I'll upgrade to it soon-ish).

I started with the Avenger and got my hands on a disgusting amount of Amazon credit so I got the SH when it was made available, I think its worth it but Im speaking as someone who only had to pay 30 dollars of my own money for it so thats obviously not gonna be ideal for everyone. 

• 4 weeks later...

Personally I don't see why so many people put so much money into a game that is no where near finished.

Personally I backed the game back in 2012 for $125 because I had the money and believed they would do what they claimed to do, in the mean time I did spend more money on the game (not sure how much but not more then $250) because I still believe in the project and can still can miss the money. So it isn't a hard answer for me; I think it is worth it and it is money I can afford to spend on something I believe in.

Also I seem to have missed the whole Super Hornet thing but I might look out for it in the future, I cannot wait to use the F7A Military Hornet Upgrade I have but the Super Hornet also sounds good. :)

While you wait for the super hornet, I would personally recommend the Gladius/Avenger, depending on your price range.

Regardless of what you choose, use this code

STAR-2DHS-2TDT

When you see the option to do so to get an additional 5,000 UEC, completely free!