New custom built pc running super slow!

WillWib

Hello!

A couple of days ago i built my first gaming pc. the build went fine and i powered the pc for the first time. when i logged in i saw that everything was super slow. Games were lagging and programs took forever to launch. does anybody know what may have caused the problem?

my specs are:

i5 4690k

msi r9 380 4gb

8gb of ram

120gb ssd

1terabyte hardrive

William

what brand is the ram/ssd/hdd

AMD Ryzen 7 1700, 3.75GHz, 1.3625v, AMD Wraith Spire.

Gigabyte GTX 1080 Windforce, 1950MHz, 10.5GHz.

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200, running at 2933. CMK16GX4M2B3200C16.

MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon, Bios v1.4.

EVGA 650GQ.

2x Sandisk SSD Plus 240GB running in raid 0.

4TB HDD.

Thermaltake View 28 Case.

LG 25" 2560x1080 IPS 60Hz, 25UM58-P. (ikr, upgrading soon).

3x Corsair SP120.

Redragon K550 RGB Mechanical Keyboard.

Logitech G300s.

Steelseries qck+ mousepad.

There could be a lot of problems, firstly not to underestimate your skills but did you plug your DVI or HDMI cable into the motherboard instead of the graphics card? Did you download the latest drivers for your graphics card and other components?

Does it say your graphics card is connected properly in your BIOS? Is your CPU running full speed? Did you properly install your OS on the SSD instead of your HDD? Let me know if any of these are the solution.

Make sure ALL of your drivers are installed.

Something that I repeat to my younger brother all of the fucking time to no damn avail, every time he wonders why performance is sluggish or a device isn't working properly.

It's not difficult, it just takes a few minutes to do. Beyond this, I can't think of any suggestions beyond pulling hardware and testing it to try and work out what is causing the problem.

Hello!

I did install the latest drivers for the raphics card and the motherboard. What else do i need? My cable is plugged into the graphics card. the OS is installed on the ssd. CPU is running fine and graphics card is working correctly.

William

That SSD you're using is known for being one of the slowest on the market. Change it and you'll see a great improvement in your load times. Happy gaming.

Make sure you installed windows on the ssd and not the hdd . Also check your driver.

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

Reinstall Windows? Even the slowest of SSDs should be faster than an HDD.

Corsair 5000D / Intel Core i7 12700k / Noctua NH-D15 / MSI Z690 Pro-Wifi DDR4 / RTX 3080 Ti Founder's Edition / 16GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 MHz / EVGA SuperNova 650w / Samsung 850 Pro EVO 256GB / ADATA SX8200 Pro / MSI Mag 274QRF-QD / LG CX 55" / Logitech G-Pro Wireless

Hello!

A couple of days ago i built my first gaming pc. the build went fine and i powered the pc for the first time. when i logged in i saw that everything was super slow. Games were lagging and programs took forever to launch. does anybody know what may have caused the problem?

my specs are:

i5 4690k

msi r9 380 4gb

8gb of ram

120gb ssd

1terabyte hardrive

William

my first guess is drivers..or you messed up and put the os on the hdd instead

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile