Harddrive Dilemma

Uberskills

Well i am planning to get a corsair carbide 540 air, i have wanted this case day one it has come out and i don't have the money right now to do much with this problem, well i have 4 harddrives in my current system it may seem like alot of space but 3 of them are 150GB each and the fourth one is 372GB which is a weird amount when i first installed it. Well it has come to my knowledge that the 540 air case that i want to get has only 2 mounts for 3.5" hard drives, i can fit everything i have onto 2 hard drives which is fine but may take a while to do and thats only with 180GB to spare so my options are get the case and put one of these in http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=24587 so the i can have a harddrive inside the 5.25" bays and the other one being occupied by a fan controller and fill the other 2 spaces with the current harddrives i have or keep everything and try and find a way to ghetto mount a 3.5" drive inside the 4 tool-free 2.5" bays. this will be a temporary fix i will later on get a 2-3TB drive and then an SSD as i font have one but i can likely salvage one from a laptop in the next year or buy a 256 GB Samsung or other cheaply priced SSD once i get the money for it, if you want to see the system i am planning to upgrade here it is it is quite expensive but its well worth it http://i.imgur.com/0JVB3P4.jpg?1

Just get a 1-2TB seagate barracuda. They're pretty cheap.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

i'm already extremely pushing the budget with my plans to upgrade above in the original post and they are pretty cheap its about $100 for 2 TB, but how much do you think someone will pay for a 500W corsair power supply and a Asrock Z77 extreme 4 i'm thinking $140-$160 max for both?

i'm already extremely pushing the budget with my plans to upgrade above in the original post and they are pretty cheap its about $100 for 2 TB, but how much do you think someone will pay for a 500W corsair power supply and a Asrock extreme 4 i'm thinking $140-$160 max for both?

I don't know the chipset for your Extreme 4 mobo so no clue. 

Why would you sell them though? It sounds like you already have good parts.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I agree, barracuas are pretty much the best bang for the buck.

But i have one question- why are you trying to watercool an air cooling optimised case?

RIG-Processor: Intel core i7 3770k @4.4GHz,Mobo: MSI Z77-G43,GPU:Gigabyte GTX 770, RAM:16 GB G-skill sniper f3,SSD: Corsair Force f3 240gb,HDD: Seagate baracuda 1TB,Cooler:CM Hyper 212 evo, Case: Sharkoon T28 Blue

Peripherals- Monitor: Samsung S24B300, Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow, Mouse: Razer Abyssus, Headphones: Razer Megalodon, Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Alpha, Webcam: Logitech C270,Pad:Logitech F710, Sp: Philips generic ones

#KILLEDMYWIFE #MAKEBOMBS

I don't know the chipset for your Extreme 4 mobo so no clue. 

Why would you sell them though? It sounds like you already have good parts.

well i would like to sell the power supply as its pretty dodgy and non modular, the motherboard has a brown PCB and usually under reports the voltage going to the CPU which can make overclocking more frightening because you don't know that the voltage that you want to go to the CPU is going to the CPU

I agree, barracuas are pretty much the best bang for the buck.

But i have one question- why are you trying to watercool an air cooling optimised case?

well it can be water cooled and it actually seems easier to do in this case i can put a 360mm radiator in the front and then a 240 in the top which is 500mm worth of radiator and then i can put the pump and the resivior behind where the power supply is in the other compartment so i will only have two tubes going from one radiator to the CPU block and then to the other radiator from the CPU block so they will only be visible, its my aim to keep the loop as clean as possible

well it can be water cooled and it actually seems easier to do in this case i can put a 360mm radiator in the front and then a 240 in the top which is 500mm worth of radiator and then i can put the pump and the resivior behind where the power supply is in the other compartment so i will only have two tubes going from one radiator to the CPU block and then to the other radiator from the CPU block so they will only be visible, its my aim to keep the loop as clean as possible

If you can afford to water cool, you can afford to get some proper storage.

If you can afford to water cool, you can afford to get some proper storage.

but i'm fine with my storage as it is i can wait for loading times when i'm first booting, but an SSD does seem like a good upgrade but i need to hold out 

but i'm fine with my storage as it is i can wait for loading times when i'm first booting, but an SSD does seem like a good upgrade but i need to hold out

i think he was talking about a 2tb hdd instead of those ancient 150 gb space wasting ones.

you should get a 1tb 2.5 hdd so you can put it in the back..

Anything I write is just a comment, take is as such, there is no guarantees associated with anything I say.

ATX Portable rig (smaller than prodigy(LOL)) :  Nmedia 2800 | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h  | Corsair HX1000 | Scythe Big Shuriken | i5 3570K  |  XFX R9 290 DoubleD | Corsair Vengeance 32GB

to be honest matey, 120gb ssd and a good brand and then a 2-3tb harddrive, being seagate or WD, and i wouldnt do anything less. any "ghetto" fitting for HDD will just cause problems due to vibrations etc. could cause you to lose alot data if the hdd isnt securely mounted.

i know this might not be in your budget, but save for it, dont cheap out. there will be problems down the line otherwise

Spoiler

Gaming/Engineering PC: -i7 6700K, 4-4.2GHz "Eleanor" -ASUS ROG HERO VIII MOBO -16GB DDR4 3000MHz Corsair (2x8GB) -Gigabyte Windforce 980Ti OC edition (1405MHz GPU clock) -H110i GT Corsair CPU Water cooler -980GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD -Corsair 450D ATX Case -RM850i Corsair PSU (Modular) -28” 4K Samsung -27” 1080p Samsung 

ok that sounds awesome; make sure you post pics of it when upgraded

RIG-Processor: Intel core i7 3770k @4.4GHz,Mobo: MSI Z77-G43,GPU:Gigabyte GTX 770, RAM:16 GB G-skill sniper f3,SSD: Corsair Force f3 240gb,HDD: Seagate baracuda 1TB,Cooler:CM Hyper 212 evo, Case: Sharkoon T28 Blue

Peripherals- Monitor: Samsung S24B300, Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow, Mouse: Razer Abyssus, Headphones: Razer Megalodon, Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Alpha, Webcam: Logitech C270,Pad:Logitech F710, Sp: Philips generic ones

#KILLEDMYWIFE #MAKEBOMBS

ok that sounds awesome; make sure you post pics of it when upgraded

will do