The enemy is back Throttle Issues

@JustCallMeVlad

Where the hell do you get those values from?

9590FX Black

• Frequency: 4.7/5.0GHZ (Base/Overdrive)
  • Cores: 8
  • Cache: 8/8MB (L2/L3)
  • Socket Type: AM3+
  • Power Wattage: 220W

Am i just a total idiot for trusting these specs?

even adjusting for 25% exstra juice usage over these specs, There should be plenty of wattage left for the rest of the system.

Where do you get these values from?. I just want to know where you get these specs from? they do seem to be more accurate than what im building from since i can't get my shit stable.....

Lel.

Here's some information for you OP. See the "power wattage" there? That's pointless for any non-mobile-BGA-intel CPU that can be overclocked. (BGA means soldered to the board; Ball Grid Array). Rated TDP is an AVERAGE of what the CPU might do under typical load scenarios (in order to give an idea of the heat it puts out; hence "Thermal Design Power"), and is in no way a LIMIT on any overclockable chip (again, as long as it's not a mobile, BGA, intel CPU).

For a nice example: HERE is the specs of my intel i7-4800MQ (this one's socketed, not BGA =D).

Notice how the TDP is "47W"? Pretty efficient I must say, since it performs the same as those 88W desktop i7s as long as they're at the same speed.

Except when I run Linpack, and my little 47W chip draws and holds a FULL 84W TDP (look at "package power" in Throttlestop for power draw).

I don't know where he gets those specific numbers from, but you can bet your bottom dollar, your neighbour's bottom dollar, your mother's bottom dollar, and Johnny Depp's entire acting career, that your chip is EASILY capable of drawing well over 220W under the correct full load conditions. Especially at such a high clockspeed and the necessary voltage to keep it there.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

I just noted a extra note on the CPU support webpage

* For cooling the CPU and its surrounding components, please install a CPU cooler with a top-down blowing design.

http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/Fatal1ty%20970%20Performance/?cat=CPU

So basically at least now i know the voltage regulators was overheating.

Ive already halfway fixed this as i noticed the cover over them was getting so hot.

so i smacked a 80m fan over and did @30% speed on it.(seems to be working for now at least @4.0 ghz)

Ive also killed windows defender as it was using 10-20% CPU time o,0

That board's website is bullshit, they don't have enough QUALITY VRM to power an FX8350 let alone your CPU, there has been too many of them killed on that board that's why over on OCN they don't recommend that board for even the lower energy drainers.

Sell your board or break it over your knee, either way it's completely shitting your system out and won't be long until it erupts into flames and kills all your gear in style, it will look cool as fuck until you realise you need to replace everything and make a new rig, which I'd recommend going i5 as you dunno what you're doing.

Not to be a dick, but all this information is over on overclock.net spanning several forums over 100's of pages, that's why I got the sabretooth board after my UD5 Rev1 which suffered a VRM failure killing my FX8350 due to it not having 8+2 VRM. 

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd

Lel.

Here's some information for you OP. See the "power wattage" there? That's pointless for any non-mobile-BGA-intel CPU that can be overclocked. (BGA means soldered to the board; Ball Grid Array). Rated TDP is an AVERAGE of what the CPU might do under typical load scenarios (in order to give an idea of the heat it puts out; hence "Thermal Design Power"), and is in no way a LIMIT on any overclockable chip (again, as long as it's not a mobile, BGA, intel CPU).

For a nice example: HERE is the specs of my intel i7-4800MQ (this one's socketed, not BGA =D).

Notice how the TDP is "47W"? Pretty efficient I must say, since it performs the same as those 88W desktop i7s as long as they're at the same speed.

Except when I run Linpack, and my little 47W chip draws and holds a FULL 84W TDP (look at "package power" in Throttlestop for power draw).

I don't know where he gets those specific numbers from, but you can bet your bottom dollar, your neighbour's bottom dollar, your mother's bottom dollar, and Johnny Depp's entire acting career, that your chip is EASILY capable of drawing well over 220W under the correct full load conditions. Especially at such a high clockspeed and the necessary voltage to keep it there.

I like you, you know what you're talking about, also, johnny depp reference was cute as fuck.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

I like you, you know what you're talking about, also, johnny depp reference was cute as fuck.

I felt it really threw the example together =D

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

I felt it really threw the example together =D

I wish more people understood you can't have an FX cpu stock and to overclock them you need a good board, also if you have the thermal nuclear 9xxx series chips then you fucking need a really good board to run them. All it takes is a bit of googling to find out.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

Spoiler

Kraken

Hi everybody thanks for all your help, Ive however gotten into the hospital and will stat a few days, i will update when i godt news, i need to fix the overheating motherboard, unfortunately it seems a few on the vrm's only måles it worse, so..., either my waterblock is totally borked, ør i need to get really creative with cooling, thanks for everybodys help so far.

Hi everybody thanks for all your help, Ive however gotten into the hospital and will stat a few days, i will update when i godt news, i need to fix the overheating motherboard, unfortunately it seems a few on the vrm's only måles it worse, so..., either my waterblock is totally borked, ør i need to get really creative with cooling, thanks for everybodys help so far.

You won't win until you change the motherboard for an ASUS sabretooth or ROG board because your board doesn't have the power to provide your cpu with. Hope you get will soon!

Spoiler

Chernobyl

Spoiler

Kraken

That board's website is bullshit, they don't have enough QUALITY VRM to power an FX8350 let alone your CPU, there has been too many of them killed on that board that's why over on OCN they don't recommend that board for even the lower energy drainers.

Sell your board or break it over your knee, either way it's completely shitting your system out and won't be long until it erupts into flames and kills all your gear in style, it will look cool as fuck until you realise you need to replace everything and make a new rig, which I'd recommend going i5 as you dunno what you're doing.

Not to be a dick, but all this information is over on overclock.net spanning several forums over 100's of pages, that's why I got the sabretooth board after my UD5 Rev1 which suffered a VRM failure killing my FX8350 due to it not having 8+2 VRM.

Thanks, your not a real dick, just speaking the truth frome xperience, i do feel slighly insulted, but really. thanks for saving my chip, i will run it at safe temp @ a lower speed and then get a proper board, i rarely visit ocn as i just wanted a stable fast system oh the irony in that.

Thanks, your not a real dick, just speaking the truth frome xperience, i do feel slighly insulted, but really. thanks for saving my chip, i will run it at safe temp @ a lower speed and then get a proper board, i rarely visit ocn as i just wanted a stable fast system oh the irony in that.

Put that chip in a sabretooth and a custom loop like mine and clock it till the clowns come home, those boards are dangerous and even though they say they can handle it on their site, it's bullshit. I'm sorry you've had to learn the hard way and tbh I really wish AMD did more with the motherboard manufacturers to ensure people buy the right boards. you need TRUE 8+2 phase VRM not low quality VRM that are on those cheap boards. 

If you lived in the UK I'd swap you my FX for your FX.  ;)  I'd have fun overclocking the hell out of it on my waterloop.

post-122562-0-87479000-1441072700_thumb.

Note the watercooled VRM, they really do require a lot of cooling to stop throttling.  :ph34r:
Spoiler

Chernobyl

Spoiler

Kraken

I wish more people understood you can't have an FX cpu stock and to overclock them you need a good board, also if you have the thermal nuclear 9xxx series chips then you fucking need a really good board to run them. All it takes is a bit of googling to find out.

Yeah, they take a good bit of money to get the most out of them; especially with respect to streaming. They can end up being cheaper than buying an i7, but for i5s they're borderline the same strength. There's very few situations where a FX chip is the best idea now, even considering money-wise.

If you need a new board and such anyway, I really suggest just getting an i7 for your streaming. Someone somewhere will buy that 9590. I think.

Yeah, they take a good bit of money to get the most out of them; especially with respect to streaming. They can end up being cheaper than buying an i7, but for i5s they're borderline the same strength. There's very few situations where a FX chip is the best idea now, even considering money-wise.

If you need a new board and such anyway, I really suggest just getting an i7 for your streaming. Someone somewhere will buy that 9590. I think.

My 8350 did streaming just fine... I don't see where you get the issue that it cannot stream while gaming, because to put it bluntly, it fucking can lol.  ;)

But I do agree with you, you need a good board, to OC to 4.9ghz, you need a good air cooler or water.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

Spoiler

Kraken

Lel.

Edit.. My numbers are incorrect

power-3.png

power_maximum.gif

Core I7 5960X / Gigabyte X99 SOC Force / Kingston 16GB DDR4 3000 / EVGA GTX 980 Classified's In Quad SLI / EVGA 1600W G2

Core I7 6700K / Asus Z170 Maximus VIII Hero / Corsair 16GB DDR4 3000 / MSI R9 290X Lightning / EVGA 1600W T2

My 8350 did streaming just fine... I don't see where you get the issue that it cannot stream while gaming, because to put it bluntly, it fucking can lol.  ;)

But I do agree with you, you need a good board, to OC to 4.9ghz, you need a good air cooler or water.

8350 can stream while gaming just fine. I never said that it can't. BUT it can't do it well, out of the box, and it usually requires a user to know what they're doing more. I've seen so many streamers have issues with them it's honestly kind of ridiculous. I don't recommend them for streaming + gaming, because of how much power streaming can potentially take away from the one or two single threads many games use (causing lower FPS by a great margin), and how people don't understand how to force CPU core affinity.

Someone like myself would have absolutely zero issues with it. Someone like the OP would (actually part of the reason he created this thread).

8350 can stream while gaming just fine. I never said that it can't. BUT it can't do it well, out of the box, and it usually requires a user to know what they're doing more. I've seen so many streamers have issues with them it's honestly kind of ridiculous. I don't recommend them for streaming + gaming, because of how much power streaming can potentially take away from the one or two single threads many games use (causing lower FPS by a great margin), and how people don't understand how to force CPU core affinity.

Someone like myself would have absolutely zero issues with it. Someone like the OP would (actually part of the reason he created this thread).

I've seen streamers have issues with intel setups, using a streamer pro or not as an example for an argument for if using an FX chip is any good or not or not doing it well as you said is quite a poor one. I agree with you on the know what they're doing segment of your post, thank you for not blanket statement posting like 99% of this forum.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

Spoiler

Kraken

I've seen streamers have issues with intel setups, using a streamer pro or not as an example for an argument for if using an FX chip is any good or not or not doing it well as you said is quite a poor one. I agree with you on the know what they're doing segment of your post, thank you for not blanket statement posting like 99% of this forum.

My FX does everything but DayZ good! :P (DayZ is playable but I wont consider it good... 35-45 FPS)

Lake-V-X6-10600 (Gaming PC)

R23 score MC: 9190pts | R23 score SC: 1302pts

R20 score MC: 3529cb | R20 score SC: 506cb

Spoiler

Case: Cooler Master HAF XB Evo Black / Case Fan(s) Front: Noctua NF-A14 ULN 140mm Premium Fans / Case Fan(s) Rear: Corsair Air Series AF120 Quiet Edition (red) / Case Fan(s) Side: Noctua NF-A6x25 FLX 60mm Premium Fan / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo / CPU: Intel Core i5-10600, 6-cores, 12-threads, 4.4/4.8GHz, 13,5MB cache (Intel 14nm++ FinFET) / Display: ASUS 24" LED VN247H (67Hz OC) 1920x1080p / GPU: Gigabyte Radeon RX Vega 56 Gaming OC @1501MHz (Samsung 14nm FinFET) / Keyboard: Logitech Desktop K120 (Nordic) / Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B460 PLUS, Socket-LGA1200 / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 850W / RAM A1, A2, B1 & B2: DDR4-2666MHz CL13-15-15-15-35-1T "Samsung 8Gbit C-Die" (4x8GB) / Operating System: Windows 10 Home / Sound: Zombee Z300 / Storage 1 & 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD / Storage 3: Seagate® Barracuda 2TB HDD / Storage 4: Seagate® Desktop 2TB SSHD / Storage 5: Crucial P1 1000GB M.2 SSD/ Storage 6: Western Digital WD7500BPKX 2.5" HDD / Wi-fi: TP-Link TL-WN851N 11n Wireless Adapter (Qualcomm Atheros)

Zen-II-X6-3600+ (Gaming PC)

R23 score MC: 9893pts | R23 score SC: 1248pts @4.2GHz

R23 score MC: 10151pts | R23 score SC: 1287pts @4.3GHz

R20 score MC: 3688cb | R20 score SC: 489cb

Spoiler

Case: Medion Micro-ATX Case / Case Fan Front: SUNON MagLev PF70251VX-Q000-S99 70mm / Case Fan Rear: Fanner Tech(Shen Zhen)Co.,LTD. 80mm (Purple) / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: AMD Near-silent 125w Thermal Solution / CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, 6-cores, 12-threads, 4.2/4.2GHz, 35MB cache (T.S.M.C. 7nm FinFET) / Display: HP 24" L2445w (64Hz OC) 1920x1200 / GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GD5 OC "Afterburner" @1450MHz (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / GPU: ASUS Radeon RX 6600 XT DUAL OC RDNA2 32CUs @2607MHz (T.S.M.C. 7nm FinFET) / Keyboard: HP KB-0316 PS/2 (Nordic) / Motherboard: ASRock B450M Pro4, Socket-AM4 / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 550W / RAM A2 & B2: DDR4-3600MHz CL16-18-8-19-37-1T "SK Hynix 8Gbit CJR" (2x16GB) / Operating System: Windows 10 Home / Sound 1: Zombee Z500 / Sound 2: Logitech Stereo Speakers S-150 / Storage 1 & 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD / Storage 3: Western Digital My Passport 2.5" 2TB HDD / Storage 4: Western Digital Elements Desktop 2TB HDD / Storage 5: Kingston A2000 1TB M.2 NVME SSD / Wi-fi & Bluetooth: ASUS PCE-AC55BT Wireless Adapter (Intel)

Vishera-X8-9370 | R20 score MC: 1476cb

Spoiler

Case: Cooler Master HAF XB Evo Black / Case Fan(s) Front: Noctua NF-A14 ULN 140mm Premium Fans / Case Fan(s) Rear: Corsair Air Series AF120 Quiet Edition (red) / Case Fan(s) Side: Noctua NF-A6x25 FLX 60mm Premium Fan / Case Fan VRM: SUNON MagLev KDE1209PTV3 92mm / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo / CPU: AMD FX-8370 (Base: @4.4GHz | Turbo: @4.7GHz) Black Edition Eight-Core (Global Foundries 32nm) / Display: ASUS 24" LED VN247H (67Hz OC) 1920x1080p / GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GD5 OC "Afterburner" @1450MHz (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / GPU: Gigabyte Radeon RX Vega 56 Gaming OC @1501MHz (Samsung 14nm FinFET) / Keyboard: Logitech Desktop K120 (Nordic) / Motherboard: MSI 970 GAMING, Socket-AM3+ / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 850W PSU / RAM 1, 2, 3 & 4: Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866MHz CL8-10-10-28-37-2T (4x4GB) 16.38GB / Operating System 1: Windows 10 Home / Sound: Zombee Z300 / Storage 1: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (x2) / Storage 2: Seagate® Barracuda 2TB HDD / Storage 3: Seagate® Desktop 2TB SSHD / Wi-fi: TP-Link TL-WN951N 11n Wireless Adapter

Godavari-X4-880K | R20 score MC: 810cb

Spoiler

Case: Medion Micro-ATX Case / Case Fan Front: SUNON MagLev PF70251VX-Q000-S99 70mm / Case Fan Rear: Fanner Tech(Shen Zhen)Co.,LTD. 80mm (Purple) / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: AMD Near-silent 95w Thermal Solution / Cooler: AMD Near-silent 125w Thermal Solution / CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860K Black Edition Elite Quad-Core (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / CPU: AMD Athlon X4 880K Black Edition Elite Quad-Core (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / Display: HP 19" Flat Panel L1940 (75Hz) 1280x1024 / GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 960 SuperSC 2GB (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GD5 OC "Afterburner" @1450MHz (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / Keyboard: HP KB-0316 PS/2 (Nordic) / Motherboard: MSI A78M-E45 V2, Socket-FM2+ / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 550W PSU / RAM 1, 2, 3 & 4: SK hynix DDR3-1866MHz CL9-10-11-27-40 (4x4GB) 16.38GB / Operating System 1: Ubuntu Gnome 16.04 LTS (Xenial Xerus) / Operating System 2: Windows 10 Home / Sound 1: Zombee Z500 / Sound 2: Logitech Stereo Speakers S-150 / Storage 1: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (x2) / Storage 2: Western Digital My Passport 2.5" 2TB HDD / Storage 3: Western Digital Elements Desktop 2TB HDD / Wi-fi: TP-Link TL-WN851N 11n Wireless Adapter

Acer Aspire 7738G custom (changed CPU, GPU & Storage)
Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo P8600, 2-cores, 2-threads, 2.4GHz, 3MB cache (Intel 45nm) / GPU: ATi Radeon HD 4570 515MB DDR2 (T.S.M.C. 55nm) / RAM: DDR2-1066MHz CL7-7-7-20-1T (2x2GB) / Operating System: Windows 10 Home / Storage: Crucial BX500 480GB 3D NAND SATA 2.5" SSD

Complete portable device SoC history:

Spoiler
Apple A4 - Apple iPod touch (4th generation)
Apple A5 - Apple iPod touch (5th generation)
Apple A9 - Apple iPhone 6s Plus
HiSilicon Kirin 810 (T.S.M.C. 7nm) - Huawei P40 Lite / Huawei nova 7i
Mediatek MT2601 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - TicWatch E
Mediatek MT6580 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - TECNO Spark 2 (1GB RAM)
Mediatek MT6592M (T.S.M.C 28nm) - my|phone my32 (orange)
Mediatek MT6592M (T.S.M.C 28nm) - my|phone my32 (yellow)
Mediatek MT6735 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - HMD Nokia 3 Dual SIM
Mediatek MT6737 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - Cherry Mobile Flare S6
Mediatek MT6739 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - my|phone myX8 (blue)
Mediatek MT6739 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - my|phone myX8 (gold)
Mediatek MT6750 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - honor 6C Pro / honor V9 Play
Mediatek MT6765 (T.S.M.C 12nm) - TECNO Pouvoir 3 Plus
Mediatek MT6797D (T.S.M.C 20nm) - my|phone Brown Tab 1
Qualcomm MSM8926 (T.S.M.C. 28nm) - Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE
Qualcomm MSM8974AA (T.S.M.C. 28nm) - Blackberry Passport
Qualcomm SDM710 (Samsung 10nm) - Oppo Realme 3 Pro

My FX does everything but DayZ good! :P (DayZ is playable but I wont consider it good... 35-45 FPS)

I get 27fps on one section of namalsk but so does my friend with an i7 (he gets 30fps) dayz mod, before I started clocking everything heavily i had 18fps, on other maps the game is perfectly playable with the only remaining upgrade I could do is putting Dayz on an SSD so it could load in quicker.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

Spoiler

Kraken

I get 27fps on one section of namalsk but so does my friend with an i7 (he gets 30fps) dayz mod, before I started clocking everything heavily i had 18fps, on other maps the game is perfectly playable with the only remaining upgrade I could do is putting Dayz on an SSD so it could load in quicker.

I got a 850 Evo from Samsung!

Spoiler

Case: Cooler Master HAF XB Evo Black / Case Fan(s) Front: Noctua NF-A14 ULN 140mm Premium Fans / Case Fan(s) Rear: Corsair Air Series AF120 Quiet Edition (red) / Case Fan(s) Side: Noctua NF-A6x25 FLX 60mm Premium Fan / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo / CPU: Intel Core i5-10600, 6-cores, 12-threads, 4.4/4.8GHz, 13,5MB cache (Intel 14nm++ FinFET) / Display: ASUS 24" LED VN247H (67Hz OC) 1920x1080p / GPU: Gigabyte Radeon RX Vega 56 Gaming OC @1501MHz (Samsung 14nm FinFET) / Keyboard: Logitech Desktop K120 (Nordic) / Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B460 PLUS, Socket-LGA1200 / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 850W / RAM A1, A2, B1 & B2: DDR4-2666MHz CL13-15-15-15-35-1T "Samsung 8Gbit C-Die" (4x8GB) / Operating System: Windows 10 Home / Sound: Zombee Z300 / Storage 1 & 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD / Storage 3: Seagate® Barracuda 2TB HDD / Storage 4: Seagate® Desktop 2TB SSHD / Storage 5: Crucial P1 1000GB M.2 SSD/ Storage 6: Western Digital WD7500BPKX 2.5" HDD / Wi-fi: TP-Link TL-WN851N 11n Wireless Adapter (Qualcomm Atheros)

Spoiler

Case: Medion Micro-ATX Case / Case Fan Front: SUNON MagLev PF70251VX-Q000-S99 70mm / Case Fan Rear: Fanner Tech(Shen Zhen)Co.,LTD. 80mm (Purple) / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: AMD Near-silent 125w Thermal Solution / CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, 6-cores, 12-threads, 4.2/4.2GHz, 35MB cache (T.S.M.C. 7nm FinFET) / Display: HP 24" L2445w (64Hz OC) 1920x1200 / GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GD5 OC "Afterburner" @1450MHz (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / GPU: ASUS Radeon RX 6600 XT DUAL OC RDNA2 32CUs @2607MHz (T.S.M.C. 7nm FinFET) / Keyboard: HP KB-0316 PS/2 (Nordic) / Motherboard: ASRock B450M Pro4, Socket-AM4 / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 550W / RAM A2 & B2: DDR4-3600MHz CL16-18-8-19-37-1T "SK Hynix 8Gbit CJR" (2x16GB) / Operating System: Windows 10 Home / Sound 1: Zombee Z500 / Sound 2: Logitech Stereo Speakers S-150 / Storage 1 & 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD / Storage 3: Western Digital My Passport 2.5" 2TB HDD / Storage 4: Western Digital Elements Desktop 2TB HDD / Storage 5: Kingston A2000 1TB M.2 NVME SSD / Wi-fi & Bluetooth: ASUS PCE-AC55BT Wireless Adapter (Intel)

Spoiler

Case: Cooler Master HAF XB Evo Black / Case Fan(s) Front: Noctua NF-A14 ULN 140mm Premium Fans / Case Fan(s) Rear: Corsair Air Series AF120 Quiet Edition (red) / Case Fan(s) Side: Noctua NF-A6x25 FLX 60mm Premium Fan / Case Fan VRM: SUNON MagLev KDE1209PTV3 92mm / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo / CPU: AMD FX-8370 (Base: @4.4GHz | Turbo: @4.7GHz) Black Edition Eight-Core (Global Foundries 32nm) / Display: ASUS 24" LED VN247H (67Hz OC) 1920x1080p / GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GD5 OC "Afterburner" @1450MHz (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / GPU: Gigabyte Radeon RX Vega 56 Gaming OC @1501MHz (Samsung 14nm FinFET) / Keyboard: Logitech Desktop K120 (Nordic) / Motherboard: MSI 970 GAMING, Socket-AM3+ / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 850W PSU / RAM 1, 2, 3 & 4: Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866MHz CL8-10-10-28-37-2T (4x4GB) 16.38GB / Operating System 1: Windows 10 Home / Sound: Zombee Z300 / Storage 1: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (x2) / Storage 2: Seagate® Barracuda 2TB HDD / Storage 3: Seagate® Desktop 2TB SSHD / Wi-fi: TP-Link TL-WN951N 11n Wireless Adapter

Spoiler

Case: Medion Micro-ATX Case / Case Fan Front: SUNON MagLev PF70251VX-Q000-S99 70mm / Case Fan Rear: Fanner Tech(Shen Zhen)Co.,LTD. 80mm (Purple) / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: AMD Near-silent 95w Thermal Solution / Cooler: AMD Near-silent 125w Thermal Solution / CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860K Black Edition Elite Quad-Core (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / CPU: AMD Athlon X4 880K Black Edition Elite Quad-Core (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / Display: HP 19" Flat Panel L1940 (75Hz) 1280x1024 / GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 960 SuperSC 2GB (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GD5 OC "Afterburner" @1450MHz (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / Keyboard: HP KB-0316 PS/2 (Nordic) / Motherboard: MSI A78M-E45 V2, Socket-FM2+ / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 550W PSU / RAM 1, 2, 3 & 4: SK hynix DDR3-1866MHz CL9-10-11-27-40 (4x4GB) 16.38GB / Operating System 1: Ubuntu Gnome 16.04 LTS (Xenial Xerus) / Operating System 2: Windows 10 Home / Sound 1: Zombee Z500 / Sound 2: Logitech Stereo Speakers S-150 / Storage 1: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (x2) / Storage 2: Western Digital My Passport 2.5" 2TB HDD / Storage 3: Western Digital Elements Desktop 2TB HDD / Wi-fi: TP-Link TL-WN851N 11n Wireless Adapter

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo P8600, 2-cores, 2-threads, 2.4GHz, 3MB cache (Intel 45nm) / GPU: ATi Radeon HD 4570 515MB DDR2 (T.S.M.C. 55nm) / RAM: DDR2-1066MHz CL7-7-7-20-1T (2x2GB) / Operating System: Windows 10 Home / Storage: Crucial BX500 480GB 3D NAND SATA 2.5" SSD

Spoiler

I got a 850 Evo from Samsung!

Damn! that's epic, I need one!!!

Spoiler

Chernobyl

Spoiler

Kraken

Issues are generally issues, but I see far more from people with AMD chips is all. Of course, since I can fix EVERY single problem, I know it isn't the chips themselves; it simply requires more work (and some overclocking) to be very useful.

I never blanket statement unless it's a hardware fact, like "all HQ chips power-throttle to their base TDP value (45W/47W) after a maximum of 2 minutes, but QM/MQ chips without BIOS restrictions do not".

Put that chip in a sabretooth and a custom loop like mine and clock it till the clowns come home, those boards are dangerous and even though they say they can handle it on their site, it's bullshit. I'm sorry you've had to learn the hard way and tbh I really wish AMD did more with the motherboard manufacturers to ensure people buy the right boards. you need TRUE 8+2 phase VRM not low quality VRM that are on those cheap boards. 

If you lived in the UK I'd swap you my FX for your FX.  ;)  I'd have fun overclocking the hell out of it on my waterloop.

Note the watercooled VRM, they really do require a lot of cooling to stop throttling.  :ph34r:

you should have noted that not ALL sabretooth don't support 220W CPU's.

This one however does.

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/SABERTOOTH_990FXGEN3_R20/specifications/

im still a bit vary, since you have watercooled VRM, how did the VRM's perform on stock cooling?.

Many Amd cpu temp monitors are fake based on an algorithm (if I remember correctly from notably distant sensors) not actual nearby sensors. What is your cooler if it wasn't mentioned already?

Edit: guess it is cooling related but at least partially mobo related. I would consider trying to jerryrig a huge fan over the socket to blow as much as possible down in there.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

Many Amd cpu temp monitors are fake based on an algorithm (if I remember correctly from notably distant sensors) not actual nearby sensors. What is your cooler if it wasn't mentioned already?

Edit: guess it is cooling related but at least partially mobo related. I would consider trying to jerryrig a huge fan over the socket to blow as much as possible down in there.

This is what im trying now. still downclocking the chip down @4Ghz and it's stable at 61C Running prime Maximum heat test, However that's not really a great solution since it's a 80mm @100% speed, so....Noise.... But holy shit this motherboard requires more cooling than the CPU itself o,0. wth?.

running the chip @ 4.7 Raises the temp's exstremely much. but wich temp?.

Does the Sabretooh have real temp sensors?.

This is what im trying now. still downclocking the chip down @4Ghz and it's stable at 61C Running prime Maximum heat test, However that's not really a great solution since it's a 80mm @100% speed, so....Noise.... But holy shit this motherboard requires more cooling than the CPU itself o,0. wth?.

Try to set voltage to 1.425 then clock speed to 4.5? :D

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

To answer your questions,

1. Sabretooth has sensors on the motherboard, but none of us use them as it's buggy and flat out lies.
  2. Gimping your CPU isn't fixing the issue, YOU NEED TO SELL THE BOARD.
  3. 80mm fans on the VRM was a waste of time for me and the noise was fucking stupid so I just put the VRM on water. Before water the vrm heatsink had 2x 80mm fans on 100% all the time when stress testing.
  4. We also put a 120mm fan on the motherboard socket to help reduce temps, some of us have had 10c lower temps as a result on the socket and a few c lower on the actual CPU.
  5. AMD FX temps.... To get the temps you do this. When the chip isn't under load, read the socket temp, when the chip IS under load the temp is correct!
  6. You can enable HPC mode (High performance mode) that will stop your motherboard throttling the CPU when the socket hits a certain temp, it's in the bios under CPU section on the sabretooth I recommend turning that on.

In all honesty you really need to sell that board and get an asus sabre or ROG board because you're either going to lose that cpu to vrm failure or the board will die anyway and when they do they can take out other parts with them.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

Spoiler

Kraken

@Nena360, Thanks for the suggestion, but i don't really want to touch voltages....at least not yet, and def. not on this board, at least the Asus board does not have the *need a top down blower to not throttle like a bitch. I really doubt the Asus board can be worse.

@Benji_w

1. that's dissapointing..... i would think a quality board would have real-time, real sensors, and directly lying.... wth... o,0.

2. I will stop using it when i have the money for a good board, i have a somewhat working setup now, and i think i can make
the quality to a level where i want to.

3.Indeed, i have to have a headset on to even tolerate it, Luckily the noise-gate function in OBS is pretty good so no viewers have complained, and it seems to be working so.

4. That's actually what i did too, i read the tech specs for my board, and it needs a CFM of 35, So i picked off a fan from the rad and ripped out the front of the 3.5 drives and put it in there. That helped too.

5.That's what i do too, Running prime and watching temps.
6.thanks for the tip, it's not going to be on this board tho, i don't trust it over a hungry fox.

I won't mark this as solved just yet. But when i get my CPU running @5Ghz i will mark it as solved. and getting that infernal 80MM fan out of my chassis.