Computer is LOUD

fuser22

I recently brought a define R5 in hope it would get quiter. i Therefore also brought 

Noctua NF-A14 PWM 140mm

Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-2000 PWM

Noctua NF-P12 PWM 120mm

The two 120mm fans are at each side of the radiator. Which one of them is an industrial because they didnt have anymore of the regular NF-P12 so i had to go with a NF-F12.  and the 140mm is at the buttom of the case blowing upwards onto the graphics card. and the two 140mm fractal design that followed with the case are both in the front connected to the case fan controller.

There's an attached file with to see how it is. ( now very great cable management. but it does the job )

I use  the MSI control center to control only 2 of the 3 fans because i dont know why my computer cant see the 3rd fan :S

There's another attached file with the 2 fans which i dont know which one is which but im assuming the speeds on those 2 arent too bad.

but enlighten me please about why my computer is still loud. And its really loud. And how i can fix this. 

post-57983-0-37019700-1443784371_thumb.j

post-57983-0-00762300-1443784580_thumb.p

i5-6600k @4.1ghz | asus maximus VIII HERO | 16GB corsair veangence | Noctua NH-D15S | GTX970 g1 gaming | 2x 240gb hyperx SSD | 1TB WD | Define R5 

You only have 2 PWM ports on your motherboard. The rest are generic fan ports.

If you want to be able to control all of your fans, you'll have to invest in a fan controller

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

You only have 2 PWM ports on your motherboard. The rest are generic fan ports.

If you want to be able to control all of your fans, you'll have to invest in a fan controller

So its the fan that is not connected to a PWN port that makes all the noice?. What i have tried is to use one of those low noice adapters to them and it still makes a loud noice. i have tried to use it on all of the fans. 

Even when i have the CD/rom disconnected it still makes the noice. so it makes me wonder what it is. :S 

i5-6600k @4.1ghz | asus maximus VIII HERO | 16GB corsair veangence | Noctua NH-D15S | GTX970 g1 gaming | 2x 240gb hyperx SSD | 1TB WD | Define R5 

Finding the culprit is easy, just use your finger to stop each fan spinning one at a time until you find the one making the noise.

Can I just say, running 2 mismatched fans on a rad is generally a bad idea, the differing pressures and airflow rates between the front and back surfaces isn't conducive of great thermal dissipation. Where possible you should always try to use identical fans in a push/pull scenario.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Finding the culprit is easy, just use your finger to stop each fan spinning one at a time until you find the one making the noise.

Can I just say, running 2 mismatched fans on a rad is generally a bad idea, the differing pressures and airflow rates between the front and back surfaces isn't conducive of great thermal dissipation. Where possible you should always try to use identical fans in a push/pull scenario.

I stopped all of them fans and it doesnt seem like its any of them. I cant stop the one on the powersupply though so that might be it? 

Just scream louder than your PC so you can't hear it

The weird kid in the corner eating glue
“People think that I must be a very strange person. This is not correct. I have the heart of a small boy. It is in a glass jar on my desk.” - Stephen King

Just scream louder than your PC so you can't hear it

I do have complains about my keyboard being too loud so i dont know about that xD hahaha.

It's not your AIO pump is it?

What kind of noise is it? Airflow? Mechanical? Grinding Metal?

You can get a stethoscope from Amazon for ~$5

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Turn your pc off. Problem solved. [/joke] Maybe it's your AIO? Sometimes pumps can be loud. What kind of noise is it making?

It's not your AIO pump is it?

What kind of noise is it? Airflow? Mechanical? Grinding Metal?

You can get a stethoscope from Amazon for ~$5

Well its not really an air noice. more of mechanical noise. like a iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiih all the time. it might be the harddisc drive? 

Im sure that its not the fans because i turned all of them off except for the power supply. i don know how to do that. 

Coil whine?

i dont know how that sounds. where does it come from?

i dont know how that sounds. where does it come from?

Coil whine happens with your graphics card

Well its not really an air noice. more of mechanical noise. like a iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiih all the time. it might be the harddisc drive? 

Im sure that its not the fans because i turned all of them off except for the power supply. i don know how to do that.

If it's a high pitch sound - then it'll be the PSU.

I've got that case & she's silent.

And I've had a PSU whine like that, yuck! It's got something to do with induction over power coils.

If it's a high pitch sound - then it'll be the PSU.

I've got that case & she's silent.

And I've had a PSU whine like that, yuck! It's got something to do with induction over power coils.

Coil whine happens with your graphics card

sounds like the solution is gonna be a new PSU.. any recomendations?

A little overpowered, but a eVGA G2 750 perhaps? Gold rated but closer to platinum specs, cheap in Australia at least.

I'd go a gold rated to ensure its up to spec. Sorry, your current PSU only cleared bronze standard by 2%

Damm man... On my last build I returned a new PSU cause of that noise. I'm "sensitive", really

Damm man... On my last build I returned a new PSU cause of that noise. I'm "sensitive", really

A little overpowered, but a eVGA G2 750 perhaps? Gold rated but closer to platinum specs, cheap in Australia at least.

I'd go a gold rated to ensure its up to spec. Sorry, your current PSU only cleared bronze standard by 2%

yeah so i am after new place i have gotten. i couldnt care less last place because no one was around and the PC was far away. but now its on the table beside me. and its LOUD af.

Ill see if my local store has one and ill sprint down there to get one. If not ill just be looking for something gold rated 80+ something else righT? 

yeah so i am after new place i have gotten. i couldnt care less last place because no one was around and the PC was far away. but now its on the table beside me. and its LOUD af.

Ill see if my local store has one and ill sprint down there to get one. If not ill just be looking for something gold rated 80+ something else righT?

Well, up to you, standards are just that, guides. How they're out together defines the whole unit.

Bronze ok - gold better - platinum great

If you're asking my opinion, do your research first, narrow to a couple of options, then ask the forum for experiences. Empower yourself to make a choice your happy with & suits your needs.