What is Core17?

How do I get it?

Go into configure, slots, select gpu, edit, extra slot options, add, Name- client-type & Value- advanced

I have absolutely no idea.

Go into configure, slots, select gpu, edit, extra slot options, add, Name- client-type & Value- advanced

Can I do this to the CPU slot to?

Can I do this to the CPU slot to?

I did that, don't know if it actually worked. But I think it did because I only get core 0xa4's now rather than 0xa3's.

No not advanced but Beta. Advanced will give you a different kinda of WU that I think work only with 16+cores and only have a few hours to finish it or only a day.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

No not advanced but Beta. Advanced will give you a different kinda of WU that I think work only with 16+cores and only have a few hours to finish it or only a day.

I think you are thinking of bigadv units which are for SMP folding ( cpu ) But client-type advanced might give you a WU ( core 17) that gives more PPD than core 15 or 16 for the GPU

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

I think you are thinking of bigadv units which are for SMP folding ( cpu ) But client-type advanced might give you a WU ( core 17) that gives more PPD than core 15 or 16 for the GPU

Yeah I was thinking of bidadv but I think core17 is still in beta so I would go with the beta flag unless there is no difference between beta and advance flags.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Yeah I was thinking of bidadv but I think core17 is still in beta so I would go with the beta flag unless there is no difference between beta and advance flags.

From what ive read they changed it from beta to advanced ( i changed it to mine and still getting core 17 so it works )

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

From what ive read they changed it from beta to advanced ( i changed it to mine and still getting core 17 so it works )

Yeah I still have the beta flag and I'm still getting the core17 so *shrugs shoulders*

Yeah I still have the beta flag and I'm still getting the core17 so *shrugs shoulders*

yeah it doesnt really matter but im guessing in the near future they ll change it

Core17 is "officially" in advanced testing stage. So, there are still beta ones out there, but they are being used up and no longer being released. New version of Core17 projects are being released and will need the advanced flag set to get them. So, right now, both work. At some point in the future, only advanced will work... and then.... nada. :)

This flag specifically can be set for GPU and CPU slots. But, there are currently no beta projects being testing for the CPU, so doesn't do anything. For the current Core17, you need to set this on each GPU slot that you have.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

And in case you wondering about the bigadv flag, you can set it in Windows - only works for CPU slot - but won't do anything. bigadv projects are only available to linux/ubuntu clients - not Windows, with at least 16 cores available.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99