Logo Design Help (Warning-Newbie with Big Hopes)

theninja35

Hi. Recently, I've been interested in messing around in Gimp (I can't find a good place to get Photoshop by other means other than paying), trying to make a logo for a theorized group that I want. The problem is I have no idea what I'm doing. So, I was wondering if someone could give me some tips on making a logo, or even just design and help with Gimp overall.

I am aiming for something like (large image, warning):

myserious_gaming_logo_by_kai5er-d7fx4ye.

or

complex_gaming_logo_by_thedpstudio-d4m71

I am hoping to have a nice background like the second one, and have the glow effect around the logo. Then have the bottom part of the first logo, with a Cobra or lion instead of the eagle. I have no idea how to draw something like that, maybe by hand but definitely not in Gimp/PS. If someone could help me out and give me some tips, that would be great.

Thank you.

well I've been doing graphic design for a few years, if you want you can tell me what you want and I can work on it for free. Always glad to help someone out.

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

By hand then overlay the lines in illustrator

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

well I've been doing graphic design for a few years, if you want you can tell me what you want and I can work on it for free. Always glad to help someone out.

He's asking for tips and advice, not someone to do it for him. Since you have experience, you'd make a good voice for that.

My rig: Intel Core i7-8700K OC 4.8 | NZXT Kraken X62 | ASUS Z370-F | 16 GB Trident Z RGB 3000 (2x8) | EVGA 1070 SC | EVGA SuperNova NEX650G1 | NZXT H700 | Samsung 250GB 850-EVO | 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs 

He's asking for tips and advice, not someone to do it for him. Since you have experience, you'd make a good voice for that.

Ayeeee sup neighbor to the north. Mass wassup!?!?!

-snip-

I'll PM you my email for advice.

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

Well, while I would enjoy doing it myself, I'll gladly let someone else do it for me :P

I'll think about it. I'm going to try Illustrator like the others have said tonight, and then I'll think about it tomorrow. (It's kind of late).

Well, while I would enjoy doing it myself, I'll gladly let someone else do it for me :P

I'll think about it. I'm going to try Illustrator like the others have said tonight, and then I'll think about it tomorrow. (It's kind of late).

ill help u too if you want me to make one for you for free (btw im a newbie also but i can try rite :P)

Ayeeee sup neighbor to the north. Mass wassup!?!?!

I'll PM you my email for advice.

Lol my friend's from RI and he moved up here when is parents got divorced. Don't get mad, but I laugh a little when you can drive across Rhode island in like 45 minutes :D

My rig: Intel Core i7-8700K OC 4.8 | NZXT Kraken X62 | ASUS Z370-F | 16 GB Trident Z RGB 3000 (2x8) | EVGA 1070 SC | EVGA SuperNova NEX650G1 | NZXT H700 | Samsung 250GB 850-EVO | 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs 

Lol my friend's from RI and he moved up here when is parents got divorced. Don't get mad, but I laugh a little when you can drive across Rhode island in like 45 minutes :D

Lol, yeah RI's tiny but I was actually born in Mass. I was born in Milford Medical & I lived in Bellingham till I was like 3.  :P

Lol, yeah RI's tiny but I was actually born in Mass. I was born in Milford Medical & I lived in Bellingham till I was like 3.  :P

noice