"Good enough" FPS - What do you think?

XzzDSA

So what do you guys think is the "good enough" FPS amount for "fast enough" response and not breaking immersion?

Tell me what you think! :)

Everyone have a cool signature. I don't, so I thought I would write something.

- Cool right?

um. 40-60

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

Would have to be 50fps, I dont mind the occasional dip if it climbs back up to 50fps..

If prolonged use under 50fps ,..its too choppy and noticible. Certain games suffer more than others also when losing frames & it increases input latency.

60fps down to 50fps, not as bad, but thats the minimum comfortable range.. 50+

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

I am playing BF3 with dual 780s and 120 Hz monitor (1440p) and I get from 80-140 FPS. It looks not smooth AT ALL. Maybe its the framerating issues with dual gpus. Maybe its because my display was not intended to run at that refresh rate, I dunno.

The only game I can play and say it is fluid is CS: Go or any source engine title. It runs with 200+ FPS even already on a single 780 and it works pretty well, but to be honest it could not be played competitive if it wasnt...

But usually in any other casual game I cant stand dipping below 60, so I sett my graphics lower to get a consistent 70-80 FPS in games like Arma 3 or earlier this year with one card Metro:LL

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

50-60 is my lowest being I am so used to running 100+ on a 144hz monitor.

My rigs

Spoiler

Desktop CPU: Intel Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.4GHz cooled by a Corsair H105 | Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X79 | RAM: 32GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1600 | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 SC3 Ultra Gaming | SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Crutial M500 240GB + Samsung 840 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM + WB Black 4TB 7200RPM | Case: Fractal Design Meshify C | Mouse: Logitech G402 & MX Master | Keyboard: Poker II  MX Blue & Leopold 10-key pad Box Royals | Monitor: LG 34UB88-P | Audio: Audio-Technica ATH-M50 + FiiO E5 DAC + Rode NT-USB Mini

Laptop Lenovo Yoga 720 4k Touch

for me smooth is above 50 but anything above 40 is still good enough for me but as soon as it drops below 40 I turn down settings

| 3570k @ 4.4.ghz | Hyper 212 evo | 8GB (2x4GB) 1600mhz Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte Z77X UD3H | Corsair CX750M | Corsair 300R | OCZ 240GB SSD | Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD | Asus DCUII 7950 @1150mhz core 1600mhz mem

| BenQ XL2411T | Corsair Vengeance K60 | Logitech G700 | steelseries Qck+ | Fiio E10 | Zalman clip on mic | HD 598 | ATH-M50 |

I am playing BF3 with dual 780s and 120 Hz monitor (1440p) and I get from 80-140 FPS. It looks not smooth AT ALL. Maybe its the framerating issues with dual gpus. Maybe its because my display was not intended to run at that refresh rate, I dunno.

The only game I can play and say it is fluid is CS: Go or any source engine title. It runs with 200+ FPS even already on a single 780 and it works pretty well, but to be honest it could not be played competitive if it wasnt...

There really shouldn't be any issue with that setup!!! I have a single gtx660 and play at 1080p nearly maxed out and get around 80fps...

60fps is where I like to be. Realistically I can't play anything under high 40's ~47-48. Anything lower seems too choppy.

One Steam to rule them all, One Sale to find them, One Sale to bring them all and with their wallets, bind them! - r/pcmasterrace 17/01/2014

Spoiler
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k
  • CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212+ 
  • RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2400Mhz (2x8GB)
  • GPU: Gigabyte G1 R9 390 
  • Mobo: Asus Z170-AR
  • PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 900W 
  • Storage: 240GB intel 520 SSD (OS), Sandisk 128GB SSD(Other OS) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 
  • Case: Fractal Design R4

I like 50-60. But I really like 80+.

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

45+ as the minimum will stay aroudn 40 but then there are the crazy fire fights where it may drop to 30fps maybe.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Anything below ~50-55 is noticeable and NOT OK. 

Error: 410

60 Hz monitor: Above 50, under 70.

120 Hz monitor: Above 115, under 150.

144 Hz monitor: Above 115, under 160.

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

There really shouldn't be any issue with that setup!!! I have a single gtx660 and play at 1080p nearly maxed out and get around 80fps...

I am running a 3770k @ 4.6 GHz, 16 GB RAM, and as said dual 780 on a resolution of 1440p when gaming and it does not feel fluid at all, as the frames are not put out consistenly.

As you can see here, some frames are closer to another than others... :\

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

30FPS mainly because I come from the console side.

Really? I was playing on a console for quite a while, and when I go with 30 FPS on a PC, it just feels different.

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

I only have a 30hz monitor...

I think that anything higher than 24 is playable...

I have never seen more than 30fps 

thats all about to change once I get my 120hz monitor 

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

Really? I was playing on a console for quite a while, and when I go with 30 FPS on a PC, it just feels different.

I think Linus said once that due to latency of controllers and screens, it feels different on console than PC.

I can't stand anything less than 60fps.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

30-40 fps is enough at most games. One exception is games running on Source engine. Anything under 50 fps on source games feels choppy.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

I only have a 30hz monitor...

I think that anything higher than 24 is playable...

I have never seen more than 30fps 

thats all about to change once I get my 120hz monitor 

O.o I've never heard of a 30 Hz monitor... You better hang that beast up on a wall when you get your 120 Hz monitor!