League of Legends World Championships 2015

Morgan MLGman

worlds_header_800x315_4615.jpg?itok=4bvq

So as we're getting closer and closer to the opening of 2015 League of Legends World Championship that will be held in Europe, I'd like to hear from you guys what are your thoughts/expectations/predictions for the Worlds

I'm a mere Diamond, but I do play this game since season one and I know a lot about it, here are my predictions for group standings:

UU0UDvi.png

What are your favorite teams? Will you be attending any of the matches? Who do you think is going to win? My bet goes to SKT T1 although my favorite team is Elements.

EDIT: Let's all take a moment and laugh at H2K for not making it out of the group before the Worlds even started - hahahhahahahahhaha

To end this post, here's a song with vocals by the amazing Nicki Taylor (a singer of Here Comes Vi) that's the 2015 LoL World Championship anthem:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

I'm a massive TSM Fanboy, and Fnatic hater because of the CS scene so that carries over.

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

I'm a massive TSM Fanboy, and Fnatic hater because of the CS scene so that carries over.

TSM won't make it out of the group though :)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

skt t1 is the most likely to win, but i would like to see one of fnatic/origen/koo tigers in the final

D5 fyi.

The site has changed....

I really want TSM to do well, but I really don't think they will. I feel that if Zion plays well and Pobelter/xmithie go even in their roles with Aphro & Double having slight cs advantages they should win if they play the way I know they can.   I really love CLG and TSM, but I don't think TSM is going to do well, although I wish they would.  ( I actually think Loco is a moron in terms of pick bans, they consistently get out pick & banned on stage, and he doesn't seem to be learning from his mistakes very well )

I have a feeling TSM will be the same TSM we see every year at worlds, Dyrus gets outclassed camped and pooped on, while every other lane does well but they can't transition it into wins.

I think SKT is probably going to style on everyone, not sure about Chinese teams but from watching a lot of the Chinese games, some of them seemed pretty inconsistent.

As long as FNC doesn't win I really don't care who does lol xD.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

I've been playing League of Legends since 2012, though I am only a Silver player. I'm expecting SKT T1 to take it, though I can cross my fingers and hope that CLG or TSM can take the title. Cloud 9 surged through the gauntlet, taking away Team Liquid's spot at worlds, which was a major upset for me. I wanted to see Piglet back in Worlds, but it simply didn't happen. That, coupled with Cloud 9's otherwise-lackluster performance has caused me to lose all hope for them at Worlds, and is why I'm relying on our other two NA teams to take the title, even if TSM is "in the death group." 

I've been playing League of Legends since 2012, though I am only a Silver player. I'm expecting SKT T1 to take it, though I can cross my fingers and hope that CLG or TSM can take the title. Cloud 9 surged through the gauntlet, taking away Team Liquid's spot at worlds, which was a major upset for me. I wanted to see Piglet back in Worlds, but it simply didn't happen. That, coupled with Cloud 9's otherwise-lackluster performance has caused me to lose all hope for them at Worlds, and is why I'm relying on our other two NA teams to take the title, even if TSM is "in the death group." 

C9 didn't play very well in those games, even though they upset those teams, it was more "those teams" upsetting themselves and playing like shit IMO.

Props to C9 for keeping clear heads and playing through it, but those teams really handed it to them on a silver platter.

Those games vs Liquid were god awful in terms of Liquid's part, I can't even count how many times Quas tele'd in when his team was nowhere to be found lol

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

I think SKT is probably going to style on everyone, not sure about Chinese teams but from watching a lot of the Chinese games, some of them seemed pretty inconsistent.

As long as FNC doesn't win I really don't care who does lol xD.

From Chinese teams the best is Edward Gaming (EDG), they might challenge SKT T1, we'll see that soon cause they're in the group together.

skt t1 is the most likely to win, but i would like to see one of fnatic/origen/koo tigers in the final

D5 fyi.

I would love to see CLG go into the finals,  but I also would like to see one of the underdogs to suprise everyone, talking here about Origen for example. D5 here currently as well, was D2 last season and stopped going ranked this season cause it got boring... I'm on EUNE though.

I would love to see CLG go into the finals,  but I also would like to see one of the underdogs to suprise everyone, talking here about Origen for example. D5 here currently as well, was D2 last season and stopped going ranked this season cause it got boring... I'm on EUNE though.

i am on eune too, and i play sometimes with friends just for the lolz, and 2-3 ranked games  per month, to avoid the decay. Lol is boring nowadays, and it gives you no reason to actually try to rank up even further. I dont game as i used to 1-2 years ago. I used to play league and other games at least 3-4 hours a day, and now i hardly play a league game the week.

The site has changed....

From Chinese teams the best is Edward Gaming (EDG), they might challenge SKT T1, we'll see that soon cause they're in the group together.

You know LGD beat EDG 3-0 in the playoffs right..? The last game EDG even surrendered lol

EDG only got fourth in LPL Summer playoffs, LGD won them and IG got 3rd

You know LGD beat EDG 3-0 in the playoffs right..? The last game EDG even surrendered lol

EDG only got fourth in LPL Summer playoffs, LGD won them and IG got 3rd

Probably a bad playoff, they finished first in the regular season though, didn't they?

Probably a bad playoff, they finished first in the regular season though, didn't they?

Playoff games are much more important compared to regular season games though, they will be similar in pressure to international competition, if they couldn't show up in playoffs where they finished first in their region, how are they going to show up at worlds?

They went 17-4-1 (4 ties) in the season and got steamrolled by a team that went 7-10-5 (7 wins 10 ties 5 loss)

I think TSM will win worlds. I mean look at how well Wildturtle has been playing this last split........said no one ever. Skt or KT rolsters are my favorites. 

01101100 01110110 01101100 00100000 00110101 00100000 01101101 01100001 01100111 01101001 01101011 01100001 01110010 01110000 

Playoff games are much more important compared to regular season games though, they will be similar in pressure to international competition, if they couldn't show up in playoffs where they finished first in their region, how are they going to show up at worlds?

They went 17-4-1 (4 ties) in the season and got steamrolled by a team that went 7-10-5 (7 wins 10 ties 5 loss)

I mean they had a guaranteed spot for worlds, maybe they did that on purpose? They actually didn't have any pressure imo

A little too much #faithage for you don't you think? I think CLG would be lucky to get 1st; I expect them to fight fw for 2nd/3rd. 

IG will destroy that overrated EU team and ahq will wreck c9 other than that I have the same predictions.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013).

Those NA games are awful and painful to watch.. All they do is farm for 40 minutes straight while in Korea and China 5 vs 5 team fight within 7 minutes. 

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013).

Cloud9 FTW! lol

Oh come on they won't even make it out of the group...

Oh come on they won't even make it out of the group...

Oh they will, you will see.

CEO of DevTech Studios. OS X fanboy, Windows User. Bob Marley. 

Oh they will, you will see.

Glad that there's this thread so I can brag about being right soon :D

Glad that there's this thread so I can brag about being right soon :D

But when I am right, I will laugh

CEO of DevTech Studios. OS X fanboy, Windows User. Bob Marley. 

But when I am right, I will laugh

Deal :D