Gigabyte 965P - S3 SSD compatability

rhys-42

Hi, I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right section as I am new to this forum but I was wondering if anyone could help me ensure that the following components will be compatible with my motherboard (Yes, I'm aware that it is extremely old but I am trying to work with what I have and these additions fall within my budget but a new motherboard, cpu and ram do not).

The first addition is a Kingston v300 120 gb SSD

http://www.arc.com.au/product/52972

And the next is this USB 3.0 pcie I/O input

http://www.arc.com.au/product/43556

Once again, sorry if this is in the wrong area, I'm new to this so please be patient lol

Thank you​

Get an 850 EVO.  

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

Benefits of that compared to the Kingston ? And also will the Kingston still be compatible?

Benefits of that compared to the Kingston ? And also will the Kingston still be compatible?

It's way faster. It seems you haven't been paying attention for a while, Kingston dun goofed with their V300, at launch it was fast so the benchmarks that were ran and published made it look good, but then they switched the flash out for far inferior models. It's not much faster than a modern high end hard disk. Even though you're limited to SATA II, it'll still be faster.

pc specs: 4 function calculator / 8 digit lcd display / colored numeric and function buttons

I don't know if I havent made this apparent enough but I am new to this and thus would not be aware or able to pay attention to which ssd is better than any other.