Push-pin Heat Sink

Xandos

Hi everyone. Is there a heat sink that mounts exactly like the Intel's stock cooler? It's really hard to remove my mini-itx motherboard from the case (Raijintek Metis) to install the backplate that most heat sinks in the market have. Intel's stock cooler is pretty loud and doesn't dissipate heat really good. So I'm looking for a cooler that's both silent and does a better job at cooling. 

Hi everyone. Is there a heat sink that mounts exactly like the Intel's stock cooler? It's really hard to remove my mini-itx motherboard from the case (Raijintek Metis) to install the backplate that most heat sinks in the market have. Intel's stock cooler is pretty loud and doesn't dissipate heat really good. So I'm looking for a cooler that's both silent and does a better job at cooling. 

I have a feeling that sadly there isn't going to be much out there, probably because Intel's push-pin idea isn't particularly good for a larger heatsink. Speaking of this mounting mechanism, I had an intel stock cooler unmount itself just from vibrations.

However, I'll go and look..

Sig under construction.

noctua nh-l9i

I have a feeling that sadly there isn't going to be much out there, probably because Intel's push-pin idea isn't particularly good for a larger heatsink. Speaking of this mounting mechanism, I had an intel stock cooler unmount itself just from vibrations.

Okay, the Arctic Alpine 11 GT Rev. 2 seems to be what you're after but I'm not sure that it's much of an upgrade from the stock heatsink.

http://www.amazon.com/ARCTIC-Alpine-Rev-CPU-Cooler/dp/B002D2H9W0

Sig under construction.

Okay, the Arctic Alpine 11 GT Rev. 2 seems to be what you're after but I'm not sure that it's much of an upgrade from the stock heatsink.

I shacked my case so hard ( without GPU installed ) and it didn't fall and it was secure. Are you sure you installed properly ? you may have not pushed all the pins fully.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

I shacked my case so hard ( without GPU installed ) and it didn't fall and it was secure. Are you sure you installed properly ? you may have not pushed all the pins fully.

They were pushed in fully. It popped off on a corner and all of a sudden I was getting thermal throttling. When I installed it I was making sure that they were all the way in but I didn't want to flex my mobo. It doesn't have holes for all of the ATX standoffs even though it's an ATX board...

Sig under construction.

They were pushed in fully. It popped off on a corner and all of a sudden I was getting thermal throttling. When I installed it I was making sure that they were all the way in but I didn't want to flex my mobo. It doesn't have holes for all of the ATX standoffs even though it's an ATX board...

My problem is similar to yours as my motherboard has holes but the case doesn't.... like WTF it's an mATX MoBo and the case supports mATX.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

noctua nh-l9i

The newegg description for that cooler is: "should be used with care on CPUs with more than 65W TDP (Thermal Design Power)." My CPU is 95W, so it may get a little hot under this cooler.

There are a lot of bad reviews on this cooler. But for $10, there's almost no risk haha.

That's some crazy vibrations you got there. I never had any problems with stock cooler, except for them being loud. 

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/arctic-cooling-alpine-11-pro-cpu-cooler-review/5/

Its not that bad, it handles a 130W tdp QX6850.