What do I need here so that I can connect an SSD to it?

I bought a Lenovo Yoga 300 recently and had a spare SSD laying around and want to put it in the laptop as there is not enough storage space by default on the laptop.

As you can see by the photos there is a connection on the mobo for a sata cable, however a normal sata cable will not go into this slot.

So, people of LTT. I ask of you, what do I need to put in the motherbord sata port to be able to connect my ssd to it?

Is there a specific sata cable I should be using? an adapter?

post-188159-0-78296400-1443271283_thumb.

post-188159-0-94335200-1443271284_thumb.

Something like this

Free-shipping-SATA-Cable-HDD-HARD-DRIVE-

Dunno how it's called, but if you google "SATA to laptop adapter" you'll find it.

i7 4790K || R9 290X + R9 290 || 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1866 || Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5 || Crucial MX100 256GB || WD Caviar Blue 1TB

I bought a Lenovo Yoga 300 recently and had a spare SSD laying around and want to put it in the laptop as there is not enough storage space by default on the laptop.

As you can see by the photos there is a connection on the mobo for a sata cable, however a normal sata cable will not go into this slot.

So, people of LTT. I ask of you, what do I need to put in the motherbord sata port to be able to connect my ssd to it?

Is there a specific sata cable I should be using? an adapter?

Looks proprietarty. You might be able to find something on ebay. Look for Lenovo Yoga 300 HDD cable.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

Looks proprietarty. You might be able to find something on ebay. Look for Lenovo Yoga 300 HDD cable.

I agree with you Speedbird. I heard they can be pretty fragile cables.

Something like this

Free-shipping-SATA-Cable-HDD-HARD-DRIVE-

Dunno how it's called, but if you google "SATA to laptop adapter" you'll find it.

I have that cable, doesn't fit

I have done, no one sells one :/

they're all just variations of the one that Litagirio posted

I have done, no one sells one :/

they're all just variations of the one that Litagirio posted

Give Lenovo a call. You might be able to get them to send (sell) you the cable or direct you to where you can get one.

i7 4790K || R9 290X + R9 290 || 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1866 || Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5 || Crucial MX100 256GB || WD Caviar Blue 1TB

Give Lenovo a call. You might be able to get them to send (sell) you the cable or direct you to where you can get one.

Ok, thanks. 

Update: so I found the cable that Lenovo produce, "HDD Cable B Flex3-1120" However, no one sells it. so, if you guys could help me find it or something that will work instead. I'd really appreciate the help.

Update: so I found the cable that Lenovo produce, "HDD Cable B Flex3-1120" However, no one sells it. so, if you guys could help me find it or something that will work instead. I'd really appreciate the help.

http://store.emprgroup.com.au/p-422666-5c10j08424.aspx

They seem to have one, with a 2-4 week leadtime from Australia for $36.63AUD