***Audio Folks***

blueballs

Hi Guys and gurls,...

I need a better music experience.

I currently own the beats pro and oh god there's not enough words to describe how bad those headphone are. They literally make your ears bleed (like with real blood) because they are fucking uncomfortable. I was thinking of replacing that with the hd598 or maybe the hd650 if I can find them on sale. I mostly game,listen to dubstep,electro house and what not when using headphones.

I also need some "real" speakers to listen musics while I clean my room,build or repair pcs,... and stuff.I tent to listen at Classic Rock or pop rock,and some light tv before falling asleep so I don't need THE BASS. 

Around 100 to 200$ CAD per speaker, I just don't want to break the bank when I got better places to spend my money, but I don't know shit in audio so if you think I should invest more now instead of swapping later then go ahead and make up your point...if not try to recommend me x2 speakers based on my uses and budget. I will be buying an amp+dac for the headphone and speakers, recommendations on that are welcome as well.

Edited with budget.

You need a real budget.

People have different banks that are harder to break than others.

@JohnT just bought 2000$ speakers and I just bought 30$ speakers on craigslist.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

You need a real budget.

People have different banks that are harder to break than others.

@JohnT just bought 2000$ speakers and I just bought 30$ speakers on craigslist.

I just can't make a specific budget for that because I don't know what exactly I need.

Really hard to recommend stuff without a budget. But I can say that the HD598 isnt a good choice for the music you listen to. They dont have the punch that dubstep needs. 

PC Audio Setup = Beyerdynamic DT 770 pro 80 ohm and Sennheiser pc37x (also for xbox) hooked up to Schiit Fulla 3

For EDM, I mainly use the V-MODA M-100's

For speakers, Whats your price point at? There are good speakers anywhere from 30 dollars all the way to 400 dollars per speaker.

I just can't make a specific budget for that because I don't know what exactly I need.

@spwath is absolutely right. You need a budget. Don't worry about what you need. The community will help by providing suggestions. What we need to know is how much you are willing to spend.

Edit: just saw your updated post.

For that budget, the JBL LSR305 is $150 per speaker right now. As long as you are not really space contstrained, those will be excellent and probably better than anything else in the price range.

For that budget, the JBL LSR305 is $150 per speaker right now. As long as you are not really space contstrained, those will be excellent and probably better than anything else in the price range.

And they are by no means big in the speaker world

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I'm pretty sold on the JBL LSR305.

@SSL @spwath if I decide to go with the HD650 for my new headphone what will you recommend for dac/amp to pair with the speaker as well...

I'm pretty sold on the JBL LSR305.

@SSL @spwath if I decide to go with the HD650 for my new headphone what will you recommend for dac/amp to pair with the speaker as well...

What's your budget for the DAC/amp?

o2+odac, you get a dac and amp in one box, and speaker output too (check mayflower desktop o2+odac version, basically you get rca outputs for speakers, a big jack for headphones, and usb connection for the dac). works very nice with hd650, infact it's the most fun I've had, even if I perfer the beyerdynamics, their sound is just the top for me (for now)

akg sounds fine too, but it's a bit on the light side. for speakers, can't recommend anything at all, as mine are custom made, and I've got a custom made amp for them too. Lepai's small amp lp2020a+ and some bass reflex speakers from some hifi system would be a reasonable and quite ok minimum, I guess.

https://www.mayflowerelectronics.com/shop/mayflower-custom-products/desktop-objective2odac-with-rca/ -get this. I recommend it wholeheartedly

if you want the best of the best, audeze lcd series or hd 800 from sennheisers, or beyer dynamic t1tesla. I have no exp. with grados or others, but people swear they're great.

In the normal midrange, I really like the DT 770 pro the best for some reason. HD 650 is fantastic and fun too. I don't think you can make a big mistake no matter which phones you get really (considering the stuff in this thread) so get the comfiest one. That's again beyers for me.

You might wanna consider audeze el-8 open back too.

o2+odac, you get a dac and amp in one box, and speaker output too (check mayflower desktop o2+odac version, basically you get rca outputs for speakers, a big jack for headphones, and usb connection for the dac). works very nice with hd650, infact it's the most fun I've had, even if I perfer the beyerdynamics, their sound is just the top for me (for now)

akg sounds fine too, but it's a bit on the light side. for speakers, can't recommend anything at all, as mine are custom made, and I've got a custom made amp for them too. Lepai's small amp lp2020a+ and some bass reflex speakers from some hifi system would be a reasonable and quite ok minimum, I guess.

https://www.mayflowerelectronics.com/shop/mayflower-custom-products/desktop-objective2odac-with-rca/ -get this. I recommend it wholeheartedly

if you want the best of the best, audeze lcd series or hd 800 from sennheisers, or beyer dynamic t1tesla. I have no exp. with grados or others, but people swear they're great.

In the normal midrange, I really like the DT 770 pro the best for some reason. HD 650 is fantastic and fun too. I don't think you can make a big mistake no matter which phones you get really (considering the stuff in this thread) so get the comfiest one. That's again beyers for me.

You might wanna consider audeze el-8 open back too.

is there any other DAC+AMP alternative for the HD650 and JBL LSR305, since I'm in Canada I need to pay for the shipping+custom duties... 

I only know of shiit stack, magni+modi, and using a rca splitter, as an alternative. Someone might know others.