best graphics card for gamming?

migel_prado

>_> RadeonPro pretty much fixed the micro-stuttering problems anyway just not many people knew about it.

If that's true; AMD should have done a much better job marketing it. The micro-stutter problems really must have hurt them over the last year or so. And I'm an AMD fanboy (yes I know I own an i7; Bulldozer was simply too terrible to not switch over. Once Steamroller is out; I'll reassess).

MSI Z68A-GD80 (G3) | Core i7 2700K @ 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX 580 1.5GB @ stock

8GB G.Skill RipjawsZ 2133MHz | OCZ Agility 3 60GB | 3x500GB RAID 5 | DVD-RW

Xclio Nighthawk | OCZ ModX Stream Pro 700W | CM Hyper 212 EVO with Corsair SP120s push/pull

If that's true; AMD should have done a much better job marketing it. The micro-stutter problems really must have hurt them over the last year or so. And I'm an AMD fanboy (yes I know I own an i7; Bulldozer was simply too terrible to not switch over. Once Steamroller is out; I'll reassess).

It's a 3rd party program so not like they should have marketed ot

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

It's a 3rd party program so not like they should have marketed ot

They should have bought it from the creators and released it as firstparty A LOT earlier than their own version.

| GPU: GT 650M | CPU: i5-3210M | Excuse my language, sometimes I can be pretty vulgar.

depends what resolution you're running at. i've seen noone talk about resolution from just scanning this thread.

at 1080p 760, 770 if you want to make sure you're at max frames. anything beyond 1080p i'd check some benchmarks

Nvidia have released the latest series of cards so everyone is getting a Nvidia card atm.

Amd are due to release some soon, so if you're not getting a card now, wait to see what AMD bring out. they usually have cards that are cheaper then Nvidia and can sometimes offer more then their rivals

happy buying :)

Spoiler

Gaming/Engineering PC: -i7 6700K, 4-4.2GHz "Eleanor" -ASUS ROG HERO VIII MOBO -16GB DDR4 3000MHz Corsair (2x8GB) -Gigabyte Windforce 980Ti OC edition (1405MHz GPU clock) -H110i GT Corsair CPU Water cooler -980GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD -Corsair 450D ATX Case -RM850i Corsair PSU (Modular) -28” 4K Samsung -27” 1080p Samsung 

They should have bought it from the creators and released it as firstparty A LOT earlier than their own version.

They were working with the developer for ages

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

The best card overall is the GTX Titan, but what is your budget? If you want great bang for the buck I recommend the AMD 7950

7870 tahiti. is cheaper and slightly less performance

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

7870 tahiti. is cheaper and slightly less performance

Slightly? Sure, if the 7870 is oc'ed and the 7950 is at stock.

The 7950 would be better since it overclocks significantly farther, has more vram, and a wider memory bus. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Slightly? Sure, if the 7870 is oc'ed and the 7950 is at stock.

The 7950 would be better since it overclocks significantly farther, has more vram, and a wider memory bus. 

but the 7870 tahiti is remarkably cheaper

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.