New Gaming Headset For PS4

senchy codo

hey guys i am going to buy a new gaming headset for my ps4 and i want your advice  which one is better ? 
-Kingston HyperX Cloud 
-Arctic P531 5.1 Surround ? 
which one is better ? also i know that the kingston is compatible with ps4 but the arctic is usb so is it compatible with ps4 ? 
Thanks guys 

I would go with the clouds, any headset claiming to have 5.1 will generally sound worse. Stereo, you have two ears after all. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Just wanted to let you know real quick that you can use a USB mic with the PS4 and just plug normal headphones into the jack on the controller.

Just wanted to let you know real quick that you can use a USB mic with the PS4 and just plug normal headphones into the jack on the controller.

Thanks but  the arctic one is both headset + mic are connected to usb cable there is no 3.5 jack 

I would go with the clouds, any headset claiming to have 5.1 will generally sound worse. Stereo, you have two ears after all. 

You seem to be generally misguided. 

PS4 does not have poor Wifi. (reference other threads)

Surround sound is real whether you can hear it or not. Virtual surround included. Headsets included. 

I'm color blind.  Does that mean that the colors red and green are a scam? Blues and purples don't look as good as black or yellow?  C'mon.  Sensory perception doesn't work that way.  That's not how it works at all. 

Virtual surround isn't as discreet/directional as actually having five speakers (no one would dispute that), but digital signal processors are a real thing. Creating delays and volume adjustments work.  I have surround sound in my living room, but according to your theory, it doesn't work because I have only two ears. 

SNIP

Surround speakers in a full 3d space are completely different to 5 speakers 1cm from each ear which can really only come in "left" and "right"

You cant have front, diagonal, and rear, also having 5 speakers in one cup means smaller drivers, interference and the vibrations can move the other membranes

Virtual surround sound with headphones really DOES work though

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Surround sound is real whether you can hear it or not. Virtual surround included. Headsets included. 

I'm color blind.  Does that mean that the colors red and green are a scam? Blues and purples don't look as good as black or yellow?  C'mon.  Sensory perception doesn't work that way.  That's not how it works at all. 

Virtual surround isn't as discreet/directional as actually having five speakers (no one would dispute that), but digital signal processors are a real thing. Creating delays and volume adjustments work.  I have surround sound in my living room, but according to your theory, it doesn't work because I have only two ears. 

Surround speakers in a full 3d space are completely different to 5 speakers 1cm from each ear which can really only come in "left" and "right"

You cant have front, diagonal, and rear, also having 5 speakers in one cup means smaller drivers, interference and the vibrations can move the other membranes

Virtual surround sound with headphones really DOES work though

so the better choice is to go with the arctic one right ? 

but its only usb it doesn't have a 3.5 jack will it be supported to the ps4 ? 

AFAIK usb headsets DO work

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I'm only saying my experience with things, with the ps4 I have 1/3 of my connection speed for some reason on wifi whether that's the poor servers or something else. I mean ps4 doesn't even support 5ghz I mean come one it's not difficult to add that in. With 5.1 as shadow captain said you're fitting smaller drivers and more in a confined area, it's in general going to sound worse than a pair of headphones with two solid drivers. I wouldn't really recommend closed back like the clouds are but sometimes you have to go closed back no matter what. I haven't personally tried either of those headsets but I've tried 5.1 before and the sound quality wasn't up to snuff compared to just stereo.

Yes I do realise surround sound is real but open back headphones that are stereo and are going to be better for positional audio.

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

I'm only saying my experience with things

Then you should probably qualify your posts as such rather than say that an entire product line has problems due to your experience with them. 

Yes I do realise surround sound is real but open back headphones that are stereo and are going to be better for positional audio.

That's entirely subjective. There's no accounting for qualia. I would say that if a shopper is given an opinion, he should know it's an opinion so that he wouldn't blindly purchase something that might not have been as good to him as another product that he was steered away from. 

Sony will release brand new PS4 Headsets based on their NextGeneration Technology this Fall.

5lMTTRg.jpg

cNRrzYm.jpg

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Not all USB headsets work with the PS4, you have to be careful with that.  The cloud on the other hand will surely work.

Mystery is the source of all true science.