how to hide isp from websites

martinrox1568

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but i need to some how block a website from knowing my isp. And no, I am not doing anything illegal like piracy. 

Here's what is happening. My mom watches this soap opera. Since we cut the cable awhile ago, she watches it from cbs.com. Anyway, my ISP is Timewarner, and apperently they had some disagreement with cbs and now timewarner doesn't have cbs as a channel. This specifically doesn't bother me one bit since we don't even have cable, but cbs is now blocking timewarner ISP users from watching full episodes online.

So, first of all, how do websites gain access to my isp? Is it a javascript command, or is it simply the IP address? If its just the IP address, could I just use an anynoumous browser and be fine?

All suggestions are welcome, thanks :)

Also i need the solution to work for mac. 

Edited by martinrox1568

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

i think you could try the anonymous browser thing. also theres a thing called tor which does just that i believe.

Tor - https://www.torproject.org/download/download-easy.html.en

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

I'm not so good at networking but maybe using a proxy (will have to find one that doesn't run slow as shit) will make whatever it is recognizing your ISP as timewarner to unknown and allow you to get around this.

i think you could try the anonymous browser thing. also theres a thing called tor which does just that i believe.

Tor - https://www.torproject.org/download/download-easy.html.en

crap, i forgot to tell everyone that my mom is going to use it on mac. anything else? 

edit: I'm an idiot. Torbrowser is cross platform

crap, i forgot to tell everyone that my mom is going to use it on mac. anything else? 

edit: I'm an idiot. Torbrowser is cross platform

Tor doesn't run flash properly for security reasons. 

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

If you don't care so much for browser feed or flash/shockwave plugins then go for the tor browser. It's the best way to hide you up. Otherwise use a proxy, not as secure, but some have plugins

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

alright guys, i solved the problem. I just set up a proxy at my dad's work(lol). Tor would have worked (I even installed flash on it) but it generates a random ip every time, so cbs would say that it was out of our region. I could have played around with it some more, but my mom probably wouldn't even have been able to open tor. So thanks  to everyone for helping me out! :)