Verizon GS5 Not Charging

calebp123

Hello, recently I've had a problem where I can't charge my verizon galaxy s5. It's been rooted for a while now (about 7 months) and one day it just stopped charging. I assumed it might be the rom, so i switched to a different one. This didn't fix the problem so I decided to back to factory default. This didn't fix the problem either and I have no idea what the issue is. The battery works just fine because I can charge it on my friends gs5. Also around the same time as it stopped charging, the vibration mode on the phone no longer seems to work. This wasn't fixed by the switching of roms either. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I have different phone and fron Europe and i have sg grand neo and i turn phone off than on and it fixes problem

cant imagine the rom would screw up charging.  you can try booting it into safe mode to see if itll charge there, just to rule out any weird apps preventing it.  but it could just be a damaged charging port.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

cant imagine the rom would screw up charging.  you can try booting it into safe mode to see if itll charge there, just to rule out any weird apps preventing it.  but it could just be a damaged charging port.

Not sure, it might be that, but I have found android systems is using up a massive amount of battery, like almost 1% every 30 seconds. Not sure why this would stop vibrate from working though. Is there anything I could do?

Not sure, it might be that, but I have found android systems is using up a massive amount of battery, like almost 1% every 30 seconds. Not sure why this would stop vibrate from working though. Is there anything I could do?

i actually have the same issue on my S4, i thought it might be related to automatic backups, but that crap is disabled on mine. could be the screen backlight, but im honestly not sure.  i kinda just chalk my issues up to running nightly builds instead of stable ones.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.