Going to get this tonight, need help with making sure its worth it

LunarMagicGaming

I've happened to have great luck with Asrock. I admit they aren't the best brand but our comp science class has 38 Z97 Anniversary Editions with 4790ks in them and they had no DOA boards. (DOAs were 3 SSDs and one GPU).

I'm getting mine from microcenter so 14 day return or something

Yep, that works. Same goes for the GS. If either is cheaper at the store you're going to then get whichever is cheaper.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

I've happened to have great luck with Asrock. I admit they aren't the best brand but our comp science class has 38 Z97 Anniversary Editions with 4790ks in them and they had no DOA boards. (DOAs were 3 SSDs and one GPU).

Still not for me.

When they cost you $3600 in mobos alone, let me know how you feel.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/DqCCRB

well this looks like it may be the final build

Looks good to me man.

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Still not for me.

Did you get like 40 DOA boards or something...?

Sorry, but costing ME $2,000 because they failed to honor their warranty when their products failed my customers, I may be a little salty.

Same thing with Me VS Antec PSUs.

Fail to honour their warranty? I don't see why they would do that or how they legally could. You or your customers probably fucked something up and they said no and you're all salty because ASUS will bend over backwards for no reason. 

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

Still not for me.

I like how that number near doubled. 

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

Fail to honour their warranty? I don't see why they would do that or how they legally could. You or your customers probably fucked something up and they said no and you're all salty because ASUS will bend over backwards for no reason. 

from what i hear asus's quality has gone down

if its DOA then wouldnt it be the person that sold it to you that is responible

For all I know he bought them directly from Asrock so I won't jump to conclusions.

from what i hear asus's quality has gone down

Exactly why the bend over. They have to. Or else they wont keep their market share. 

so shrek, do you approve of this?

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/DqCCRB

It'll do fine for whatever you're doing, What have you purchased so far? Because i'm certain you could do better with Z170, due to most games not utilizing more than 4 cores. save some moo-la too. 

It'll do fine for whatever you're doing, What have you purchased so far? Because i'm certain you could do better with Z170, due to most games not utilizing more than 4 cores. save some moo-la too. 

I want to do live streaming, video editing ect so i hear 6 cores will be great for it

I want to do live streaming so i hear 6 cores will be great for it

4 cores would be sufficient. What's your budget, where do you live, and where are you buying. Let's see what i can spin up for you. 

I like how that number near doubled. 

38 * $94.

look at what I replied to.

No, All of my computers have locks on them, and none of them have been tampered with.

It is them who have failed to honor their warranty, and I will be filing a complaint with them soon.

They fail to honor their warranty.

All my experiences with them have ended terribly.

And they have cost me about $2,000 because their products have failed on my customers.

i have never had a asrock board fail, on me, NEVER.  even on my pentium 4 pc, it never failed on me. its bad luck for you, but it's a great brand and i currently own 2 of them in the systems in my sig.

Rigs I've Built

The Striker i5 4590 @ 3.7 ||  MSI GTX 980 Armor X2 || Corsair RMX 750 || Team Elite Plus 8 GB || Define S || MSI Z97S SLI Krait

The Office PC i3 4160 @ 3.6 || Intel 4600 || EVGA 500B || G.Skill 8 GB || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M Pro4

The Friend PC G3258 @ 4.3 || Sapphire R9 280X Tri-X || EVGA 600B || 8 GB Dell Ram || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M- iTX/ac

The Mom Gaming PC A10-7890K @ 4.4 || iGPU + ASUS R7 250 ||  8 GB Klevv DDR3-2800 Mhz

4 cores would be sufficient. What's your budget, where do you live, and where are you buying. Let's see what i can spin up for you. 

i live close to a microcenter and a 4790k is only like 20 dollars less

i live close to a microcenter and a 4790k is only like 20 dollars less

Then in your case go 5820K. 

The window isn't going to make a huge if noticeable difference at all. 

so the sound will be ok?

For sure.