My DT Homework Survey

Jetfighter808

Hello,

For my DT GCSE, I need to produce a power-point explaining how research helps a product develop. One of the tasks is to make a survey and then use the data collected to produce various graphs for the presentation. I need some of you guys to help. I used a website called surveynuts to help produce this survey. To answer it just click on the link. Thanks a million.

http://surveynuts.com/surveys/take?id=40277&c=386014785RTNJ

Done!

Done ✔

You're welcome and good luck with your homework/project :)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Hello,

For my DT GCSE, I need to produce a power-point explaining how research helps a product develop. One of the tasks is to make a survey and then use the data collected to produce various graphs for the presentation. I need some of you guys to help. I used a website called surveynuts to help produce this survey. To answer it just click on the link. Thanks a million.

http://surveynuts.com/surveys/take?id=40277&c=386014785RTNJ

Your probably going to get some skewed results from us but whatever,done.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

Your probably going to get some skewed results from us but whatever,done.

Nah, its ok. Thanks for the help!

For research, I would personally learn the difference between qualitative and quantitative research. It's extremely important in product development. 

Qualitative uses interviews, observations with "open ended" designed to get a feel of the problem space. 

Quantitative, is more closed, uses predetermined questions such as those found in surveys and questionnaires. Yes you can get a lot of respondents. But you will get very little insights into the real problems that people have using questionnaires. 

ContentImage-6067-256308-QualitativevsQu

You can make a survey, and you statistics that can perhaps make your Maths teacher wet, but in product development, qualitative data is king. Once you have an idea of a problem space, then you you can make a survey and confirm all the findings of the observations. 

Hope that does not come across as aggressive or not, but DT teachers are a bunch of..morons(Replaced with a much nicer word :) )

If your serious about product development, qualitative first, quantitative second. Sometimes the insight of one person can be enough to understand the problems that a product must overcome. 

"Use the force Harry" 

-Gandalf

done it B)

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

For research, I would personally learn the difference between qualitative and quantitative research. It's extremely important in product development. 

Qualitative uses interviews, observations with "open ended" designed to get a feel of the problem space. 

Quantitative, is more closed, uses predetermined questions such as those found in surveys and questionnaires. Yes you can get a lot of respondents. But you will get very little insights into the real problems that people have using questionnaires. 

ContentImage-6067-256308-QualitativevsQu

You can make a survey, and you statistics that can perhaps make your Maths teacher wet, but in product development, qualitative data is king. Once you have an idea of a problem space, then you you can make a survey and confirm all the findings of the observations. 

Hope that does not come across as aggressive or not, but DT teachers are a bunch of..morons(Replaced with a much nicer word :) )

If your serious about product development, qualitative first, quantitative second. Sometimes the insight of one person can be enough to understand the problems that a product must overcome. 

I see what you mean. The only problem is that quantitative data works better when you haven't really seen or felt the product. None of you have probably gone to the design museum in London yet alone buy one of their overpriced products so qualitative data is harder to get. 

Thanks for the insight though

No quantitative data does not work at all, especially when you have not seen or felt the product.

If you have not seen or felt the product, what questions are you going to ask that is going to create a product that does something better than existing solutions? 

If you gave a bunch of horse cart owners a questionnaire a hundred years ago, will the data make the car? Only by hearing their problems with horse and carridge, and looking at what technology is available and what can you make to solve that problem..see where I'm going? 

But perhaps that is going past GCSE, but keep it in mind if you continue it in the future, in college or university.

It is harder to get, participants wise, but more valuable

"Use the force Harry" 

-Gandalf