Will this PSU be good enough?

Go to solution Solved by Guest,

Hi,

So I recently found out that the PSU I have will not be sufficient to power the PC I'm going to be building.

I used the eXtreme Power calculator thingy and it says

load wattage: 431 Watt

recommended PSU wattage: 481 Watt

I found a PSU of 520W with an 80Plus Bronze efficiency, the Seasonic M12II Bronze Evo 520W. Wikipedia gives me some percentages about bronze efficiency, but I don't really know how to really know which one I need to use to calculate. I'm wondering if this PSU will be sufficient or not, and if anyone has any good suggestions if not (I don't want to spend too much money, but I do want good quality)

Thanks

That PSU is great

Hi,

So I recently found out that the PSU I have will not be sufficient to power the PC I'm going to be building.

I found a PSU of 520W with an 80Plus Bronze efficiency, the Seasonic M12II Bronze Evo 520W. Wikipedia gives me some percentages about bronze efficiency, but I don't really know how to really know which one I need to use to calculate. I'm wondering if this PSU will be sufficient or not, and if anyone has any good suggestions if not (I don't want to spend too much money, but I do want good quality)

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks

That PSU is great

the psu is a good psu, but what are your system specs?

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

What parts are you using? my build gives me this:

Load Wattage: 491 W

Recommended PSU Wattage: 541 W

I draw about 420 blazeit watts from the wall while folding.

your system must be blazing fast.

on topic:

for reference on power supply choice: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/406160-psu-ranking-and-tiers/

I draw about 420 blazeit watts from the wall while folding.

Same here but +50w ish

Laptop: Thinkpad W520 i7 2720QM 24GB RAM 1920x1080 2x SSDs Main Rig: 4790k 12GB Hyperx Beast Zotac 980ti AMP! Fractal Define S (window) RM850 Noctua NH-D15 EVGA Z97 FTW with 3 1080P 144hz monitors from Asus Secondary: i5 6600K, R9 390 STRIX, 16GB DDR4, Acer Predator 144Hz 1440P

As Centos 7 SU once said: With great power comes great responsibility.