my key board leds are all dieing for some reason?

Matt MacDonald

my keyboard is losing all of its leds all at once over the past couple days. I just moved so i have i dont know what the problem is?

I have have 6 dead leds, I had 4 yesterday and 0 before i moved 2 weeks ago. WTF k95? 

my keyboard is losing all of its leds all at once over the past couple days. I just moved so i have i dont know what the problem is?

What is the keyboard to begin with?

^

Is it dying, or do they turn on again when you restart your computer?

Mine is software configured to slowly turn off the LEDs one by one after x amount of time

CPU: I7 4790K(4.6@1.252v)                               Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed(Black)           Cooler: CM 212 EVO + NF F12 iPPC

RAM: HyperX Fury 1600MHZ CL10 2x4GB      Storage: Samsung 850 EVO(250GB) + WD Red(2TB)      PSU: Corsair RM750 (and no, it hasn't blown up!)

MoBo: Asus Maximus VII Ranger                      Graphics: MSI GTX 970 TwinFrozr (1494MHZ Core)       OS: Windows 10 Enterprise

Corsair will glady replace it.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

^

Is it dying, or do they turn on again when you restart your computer?

Mine is software configured to slowly turn off the LEDs one by one after x amount of time

They dont turn on again. my tab button was getting dimmer over the past 2 days i log on today it and 2 other leds are dead

Well i have had this keyboard for 2-3 years so i dont think its under warranty and all i have is it and the box it came with. (with no padding) 

They dont turn on again. my tab button was getting dimmer over the past 2 days i log on today it and 2 other leds are dead

I would suggest trying the keyboard on another computer, if they still don't turn on, contact Corsair

CPU: I7 4790K(4.6@1.252v)                               Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed(Black)           Cooler: CM 212 EVO + NF F12 iPPC

RAM: HyperX Fury 1600MHZ CL10 2x4GB      Storage: Samsung 850 EVO(250GB) + WD Red(2TB)      PSU: Corsair RM750 (and no, it hasn't blown up!)

MoBo: Asus Maximus VII Ranger                      Graphics: MSI GTX 970 TwinFrozr (1494MHZ Core)       OS: Windows 10 Enterprise

I would suggest trying the keyboard on another computer, if they still don't turn on, contact Corsair

alrighty ill try that right now

keyboard LEDs are very prone to die by static discharge.

you may have moved to a very dry enviroment, which is a static electricity nightmare.

A keyboard should last basically forever (or until the switches fail)

Anything less than 5 years on a good keyboard isn't right.

I did the other computer and there still dead

I did the other computer and there still dead

You should probably contact Corsair, and if you can't live with the LEDs being off, you should consider what keyboard you might want for the future :(