Program that checks and updates all programs for you?

wolfie495

I remember a program that does this but forgot the name, anyone know it?

If you are talking about the one that Linus recommended a long time ago then is this one https://ninite.com/

Ninite? Or wait, that just installs and updates things cleanly.

i dont think thats it, you download it and open it and itll show all the updates that are available, but ill try that one

i dont think thats it, you download it and open it and itll show all the updates that are available, but ill try that one

That one is the program most people use when building a new computer, you go there and select the programs you want, it will automatically download the latest versions of each program. 

That one is the program most people use when building a new computer, you go there and select the programs you want, it will automatically download the latest versions of each program. 

Ninite? Or wait, that just installs and updates things cleanly.

nevermind, its called FileHippo App Manager i happened to stumble across if while downloading CCleaner lol, you guys should try it out 10x better than ninite

nevermind, its called FileHippo App Manager i happened to stumble across if while downloading CCleaner lol, you guys should try it out 10x better than ninite

Thats like saying a screwdriver is better than a hammer. The two have different purposes.

Linux...

*runs*

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Why do people try to find software to update their software?  It makes no sense to me. Mostly because companies like Microsoft, Adobe, Apple, and even Google have tried to make software updaters; but everyone has a million and one complaints about them.  And more and more people are looking for 3rd panty software to keep their programs up to date.

I just feel like this is redundant and generally useless. :(

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE