share your dead desktop gpu story

7850OC

and what error message give you the gpu when she died ? (if she can)

just curiosity  :rolleyes:

and what error message give you the gpu when she died ? (if she can)

just curiosity  :rolleyes:

My monitor was the Hermes of this story: "No Signal"

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

Fan stopped and it got so hot you could cook pancakes on it.

- CPU: Intel i7 3770 - GPU: MSI R9 390 - RAM: 16GB of DDR3 - SSD: Crucial BX100 - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB -

Only one GPU every died. That was while i was playing Gothic2, 2-3 Days after Release.

The whole Display was fucked up in a milisecond and textures ect. were sucked into the center fo the Screen. Looked weird and my mood went down to the basement. :lol:

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

what gpu? i dont have one

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

Bought a 2nd HD7950 used from ebay, along with a psu. Within 20 mins the gpu was not displaying a picture and was getting exceptionally hot so I tried the baking in the oven trick.  First try no different, 2nd try most of the capacitors came off the board. Also when I got my 295x2, it proved that the psu was also a pile of crap. Goodbye £200. Thanks for nothing.

not really a dead desktop gpu story, but it what i first thought. haha

this happened around 2009

i had a new pc

athlon x2 5000+

4gb ram

hd 3850

the pc was working fine for around a month, but then it would suddenly get a black screen often, until i couldnt see anything when i turned on the pc. so i bought another 3850 and it worked fine for a week, then same probs. fml.

so i replaced it and got a hd4870. it worked fine for a day then it wouldnt display anything.

in the end it turns out my ram was broke, hahahahaha. im noob

There is no such thing as a bad PC, there are only BETTER PCs

The only video card I've actually seen die was a Geforce 7800 GS AGP card in about 2007. Not a particularly exciting story. I started having massive triangular artifacts in all of my games. BFG replaced it. I still have the replacement laying around somewhere, I think. If BFG still existed, it would still be under it's "lifetime" warranty.  ;)

"no communication with one or more devises" 1 year old HP, dead HDD

If anyone asks you never saw me.

i found this bug the other day in a card, but not sure if is the card

amd-vi error initialization

I had an MSI 290X die on me within a year so I RMA'd it. I had a second one die on me within sin months so I said fuck this brand.

Galax/Sapphire fanboy for life!

Hall Of Fame ♕ Owner's Club

Always supporting Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida!

I had this Geforce 8400 GS, it used to run too fucking hot around 85 c. it never died but as it became obsolete, I swapped it out with GTX 650. When I was on 8400 GS, it's tiny-miny fan stopped working out of the blue one day and the display gone blank, I reached to my CPU rightaway and pulled out the lid and discovered that it's fan isn't running coz its bearing got clogged by dust, I oiled it and managed to make it work again and is still running. So, I saved it from dying, to my personal experience, no hardware dies so fast if you look after it precisely by making sure that it is with in its thermal limitation and power supply is smooth.

I mucked up my water block install on my HD 2900 XT. Shorted the card. That was a bad day.

I had 9800 GX2s that hit 105C easy, after a year or so they started to microstutter more than usual and artifact. So I sold them fast.

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.