Researchers may move satalites with magnets

Bajantechnician

http://www.technewsworld.com/story/NASA-May-Move-Microsatellites-Magnetically-82484.html

(cubesats = satellites)

@LinusTech

edit/ oh yeah, did i mention it would be in space?

edit// QUOTE "NASA has been seeking to create a magnetic tether that can be used to couple and uncouple microsatellites called "CubeSats."

I personally believe this would be a great way to replace our almost "dead" (brink of being overloaded) satalites with more "modlar" easy to modify satallites

holy shit

but wont that like erase my phone if they misfire it

*whoops! it seems we have misfired the giant magnet beam at someones 2,000 dollar computer! oh well, no big loss!*

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

holy shit

but wont that like erase my phone if they misfire it

prblably the magnets will wipe info like a magnet to the back of a credit card

prblably the magnets will wipe info like a magnet to the back of a credit card

but

dont magnets erase stuff

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

Can you fix your posts? This is not the appropriate way to post tech news and you have already done this once before.

If you want clues as to how your posts should look like, just look at any frequent poster's topic spread over the tech news section.

but

dont magnets erase stuff

wipe the black magnetic strip of ur credit card with a magnet, poof, ur card is de-magnetized.

Can you fix your posts? This is not the appropriate way to post tech news and you have already done this once before.

If you want clues as to how your posts should look like, just look at any frequent poster's topic spread over the tech news section.

kk

Well, satellites such as Hubble(im wrong, Hubble uses reaction wheel) already moves from magnets to change orientation using electromagnet positioned in 3 different ways normally and actuating some of those electromagnet cause the satellite to tilt in a way that the onboard magnet tries to align with the earth's magnetic field

Good luck penetrating my tinfoil hat, bastards.

the-latest-nfl-stadium-mess-or-old-man-y

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Well, satellites such as Hubble already moves from magnets to change orientation using electromagnet positioned in 3 different ways normally and actuating some of those electromagnet cause the satellite to tilt in a way that the onboard magnet tries to align with the earth's magnetic field

Hubble uses reaction wheels to move.

This one is a pretty cool example

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

Hubble uses reaction wheels to move.

This one is a pretty cool example

oops... i mixed up satelites ,   but i took my infos from this video : 

This article has been taken way out of context. They want to join and manipulate CubeSat's. Which are in very close orbits to each other, using magnets in each of them. There is no giant magnet on earth that will be used to manipulate the satellites. The current most powerful magnet on Earth is in the "Maglab" in the US, when turned on its effect can't be measured a kilometer away. Magnetic fields follow an inverse square law, this simply states that if you are twice as far away from a magnet, its effect is 1/4, three times as far, 1/9. 

This article has been taken way out of context. They want to join and manipulate CubeSat's. Which are in very close orbits to each other, using magnets in each of them. There is no giant magnet on earth that will be used to manipulate the satellites. The current most powerful magnet on Earth is in the "Maglab" in the US, when turned on its effect can't be measured a kilometer away. Magnetic fields follow an inverse square law, this simply states that if you are twice as far away from a magnet, its effect is 1/4, three times as far, 1/9. 

so the mangets are mounted on EACH satalite, and they are using the satalites to minipulate the ones next to it?

so the mangets are mounted on EACH satalite, and they are using the satalites to minipulate the ones next to it?

Yeah, in my understanding, the only giant magnet they might use is the earth's magnetic field itself

because C E N S O R E D

Yeah, in my understanding, the only giant magnet they might use is the earth's magnetic field itself

ahhhh, if a sun flair doesnt destroy it first?

lol

xD